Hello out there!

Hi! I used to watch Beyblade in the original series and owned some beys in those days.

I for some reason was talking about Beyblade the other day, and so I was thinking of getting back into it. I was wondering where a good place to get started was, and I ended up finding this forum. That's my story.

I'm interested in getting started with the burst series, since that seems to be the current one. Hasbro would be easiest for me to get my hands on, so I may go that route. I'm not sure yet.
Hello, and welcome to the WBO, @[Frostic Fox]! I hope you have a great time on here, on the WBO (and, hopefully at a tournament soon)! Feel free to PM me if you've got any questions!
Hey dude, nice to meet you. Good idea to start watching Beyblade Burst. It's interesting and full of cool characters. Just take a look at the first two or Three episodes. I am sure you will like it Wink
Thank you, @[Ayane_2355] and @[DraconicArt]!

Yeah, I think I'm going to try to watch the Burst anime a bit.

Is there any advice for trying to research combos? I found these threads:

I figure I should research combos to get an idea of what could be the first Beyblades to get. I also think it might help with deciding between Hasbro and Takara-Tomy. I am strongly leaning toward Hasbro, as I think it would be nice if my friends could easily add to my collection if they wanted to. But if there are beys in TT that I really want and don't want to wait for, then TT would probably be better.

Or any sort of getting-started advice is appreciated. Smile
(Feb. 18, 2018  8:53 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Thank you, @[Ayane_2355] and @[DraconicArt]!

Yeah, I think I'm going to try to watch the Burst anime a bit.

Is there any advice for trying to research combos? I found these threads:

I figure I should research combos to get an idea of what could be the first Beyblades to get. I also think it might help with deciding between Hasbro and Takara-Tomy. I am strongly leaning toward Hasbro, as I think it would be nice if my friends could easily add to my collection if they wanted to. But if there are beys in TT that I really want and don't want to wait for, then TT would probably be better.

Or any sort of getting-started advice is appreciated. Smile

Building combos is not that easy of course. Especially if you are a Beyblade competitive Player. But mostly I play it for fun, and I guess you Do so too. Anyway I have some good suggestions if you want.
1. Attack types are Not easy to handle because they lose stamina very fast and depend on many strong Hits in a row to imbalance/ burst opponents. 
Lost Longinus is a good attack Type, because it's left spinning so its Not only able to steal some spin. If you launch it without full Power, just 50% at least, it's burst potential will raise much. That's about my experience.
Or you try Sieg Xcalibur. It's strong too.
Hasbro has one advantage compared to TT. The layer is covered with smooth plastic sometimes for example at Storm Spryzen or Wild Wyvron. That's why some of them are Not as easy to burst as their TT Version.
If some of my Information is wrong, please correct me guys. Anyway I hope I could help you a bit
Yeah, I imagine combos aren't easy, but I like the idea of figuring them out. I liked to do that in the video games.

I'd like to figure out a good bunch to start with, then I can have a mix and match of them. Then maybe it'd be fun for friends to join in, where they pick their parts and take it from there. So I figure, I read about different combos and see if there are any that sound really cool. Then, I buy the beys needed to get the parts, and then I end up with a little collection to work with.

Takara-Tomy having more beys is what is making me consider that route, but I notice some sure can be expensive.
(Feb. 19, 2018  4:47 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Yeah, I imagine combos aren't easy, but I like the idea of figuring them out. I liked to do that in the video games.

I'd like to figure out a good bunch to start with, then I can have a mix and match of them. Then maybe it'd be fun for friends to join in, where they pick their parts and take it from there. So I figure, I read about different combos and see if there are any that sound really cool. Then, I buy the beys needed to get the parts, and then I end up with a little collection to work with.

Takara-Tomy having more beys is what is making me consider that route, but I notice some sure can be expensive.

Good points of course. Especially when it's about the money. Best example coming to my mind refers to Beat Kukulcan. The lowest price my friend and I found was between 50 and 60 Dollars. It was from TT of course. But anyway if you asked me, I wouldnt accept that Deal, because it's just a bit too much for a single bey. And that's the best thing about beyblade: 
The Worth of a bey does depend on the blader's character, his points of view and on how much this game means to him. Sure, Beat Kukulcan is not only a strong attack Type, it has also one of the Best defense layers of all god beys. But this game is not just about winning with the best stuff in my opinion. That's why I prefered to buy a Lost Longinus, because I knew already it would be the best decision for me