[Hasbro Stadium] Destroyer - Metal Masters

Measurements:
Stadium Border Height : 11 cm
Diameter of this stadium's inner circle: 31 cm
Distance between the ridges of both pockets : 32 cm

Original Draft:
Quote:This stadium is, in essence, a copy of the [[Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium]] The Destroyer stadium was released by Hasbro as part of the Metal Masters toy line. The general appearance is the same as many other stadiums released by Hasbro in the MFB era. The outside borders are square-like in shape with protrusions that guard the pockets. The center of this stadium is circular and it has the design of a (horse?) and a (helmet?) with more abstract designs spiraling out of it. It is a dark navy blue. Also, it should be noted that the circular inner play area of this stadium is actually bigger than other stadiums released by Hasbro in the MFB era.

Since the inner play area of this stadium is relatively flat with a minimal slope, it completely nullifies the advantage of attack types. Therefore, more viable customizations are ones based on stamina and balance. Performance tips such as WD, SD, D and MB tend to give you a longer spin rate which is of utmost importance in this stamina-based stadium.

As mentioned before, this stadium’s slope is very small and it is almost relatively flat. Therefore, the performance of attack types is drastically affected as they can no longer preform a successful flower pattern. Rather, they go into a tornado stall (insert link here). Like many Hasbro stadiums from the Metal Fusion/Masters series, the battles are usually a game of stamina and out-spinning.

This stadium is not fair for all types and favors stamina based customs. Therefore it is not recommended for purchase as it is not a very lively stadium. Most battles will end up in a drag of stamina in the center of the beystadium. Bladers seeking competitive thrill should veer away from this stadium and go with more fair and competitively based stadiums such as the Beystadium Attack Type(insert link here). Like all of Hasbro's stadiums, it is inadequate for competitive play and is therefore illegal under the World Beyblade Organization's rules.

Eee, this is my first draft for a Beyblade-related product, so it might be a bit rough around the edges when it comes to critique. I need help with the "what customs work best in this stadium" part too.

Copied PTW+Modified draft:

Quote:This stadium is essentially a copy of the Pegasus Thunder Whip arena, save for a few subtle alterations of slope or additional gimmicks.

It consists of a normal, mostly round playing area molded within an odd main diamond shape accompanied by two smaller pockets on either side, shaped as irregular pentagons with the bigger sides headed in the right-spin direction. All these shapes are surrounded by high walls tightly marking the edges. In other words, this Stadium has no exit at all, and it favors Self Knock-Outs, from right-spin Beyblades, since a left-spin would have less open space to accidentally enter the pockets. The center of this stadium is circular and it has the design of a (horse?) and a (helmet?) with more abstract designs spiraling out of it. It is a dark navy blue. Also, it should be noted that the circular inner play area of this stadium is actually bigger than other stadiums released by Hasbro in the MFB era.

The whole play area is considerably more flat than most of TAKARA-TOMY's BeyStadiums. Therefore, not only is it more difficult to execute special launching techniques such as the [[Sliding Shoot]] in this stadium, but since the Tornado Ridge is barely any resistance, most mobile Beyblades can easily enter the pockets while simply circling the play area. They will skip over the Tornado Ridge without catching onto it or at least being stopped by it, which would greatly help by sending them back towards the center of the stadium to attack their opponent. As such, real Knock Outs in the pockets by pure Attackers barely happen in this stadium, and the few opportunities where Beyblades are sent in those spaces are either a result of chance, excessive Recoil, or self KOs due to their being no good ridge to prevent slipping into the pockets.

Hasbro also uses thick paint to cover the stadium's surface, which easily sticks on all Bottoms, dirtying them sometimes forever and affecting their performance afterwards.

The complete lack of exits, the flagrant absence of a decent slope, the odd shape of the pockets which can allow re-entry by bounce of Beyblades sometimes, as well as the paint coating combos' tips are all reasons that make this BeyStadium entirely unfair towards anything but Stamina or Defense types. '''Since it does not give a fair chance for all types to shine, this stadium is easily considered illegal for World Beyblade Organization tournaments.'''

==Combos Recommendation ==
Any low Stamina customization should do well in this stadium. Defense types are not particularly required since Attack combos are nullified in this stadium, therefore it will often only be a battle of survival.
Looks Good. But on the other hand, that's just my opinion. I might be able to measure the length/width/diameter for you. It might take me a while though.
(Sep. 25, 2012  9:33 PM)pyrus10000 Wrote: Looks Good. But on the other hand, that's just my opinion. I might be able to measure the length/width/diameter for you. It might take me a while though.

I have the stadium in mint condition, haha, but if you can, by all means go ahead and do the measurements. By depth, I don't know if it is needed but maybe add in the measurements for the stadium borders?
These stadiums are so similar that I think it would be best to start with the draft for the Pegasus Tornado Wing stadium, and then all other Hasbro stadium drafts from the Metal Fight Beyblade series will be in the form of : "This stadium is a copy of the [[Pegasus Tornado Wing Stadium]], and differs only in this or that aspect."

Hm, I will try to write a draft for that stadium soon, but if someone else wants to start it first, go ahead.
(Sep. 25, 2012  9:33 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Most Hasbro stadiums are identical except for colors and designs ...

So, we're going to have similar drafts for some stadiums, just with the different colors and patterns.

But does my writing style seem appropriate or too objective?
(Sep. 25, 2012  9:39 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: So, we're going to have similar drafts for some stadiums, just with the different colors and patterns.

Yes. It is slightly similar with TAKARA-TOMY's BeyStadiums : we write articles on stadiums in the point of view of how they differ from the standard, which is the BeyStadium Attack Type. It is easier to do, and frankly, for Hasbro's BeyStadiums, there is not much else we can do. If we are fine with redirecting dozens of parts in plastics articles because they are all the same, I have no shame in saying that we will just redirect people to the main article if they want to know the general appearance's details.

Objective is good, hah. Did you mean subjective ?
(Sep. 25, 2012  9:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2012  9:39 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: So, we're going to have similar drafts for some stadiums, just with the different colors and patterns.

Yes. It is slightly similar with TAKARA-TOMY's BeyStadiums : we write articles on stadiums in the point of view of how they differ from the standard, which is the BeyStadium Attack Type. It is easier to do, and frankly, for Hasbro's BeyStadiums, there is not much else we can do. If we are fine with redirecting dozens of parts in plastics articles because they are all the same, I have no shame in saying that we will just redirect people to the main article if they want to know the general appearance's details.

Objective is good, hah. Did you mean subjective ?

Oh derp, yes I meant subjective XD

And that part that is striked-out regarding the legality in WBO play, should I just elaborate and say that Hasbro stadiums aren't allowed anyways? Or does that sentence seem fine as it is?
"Like all of Hasbro's stadiums, it is inadequate for competitive play and is therefore illegal under the World Beyblade Organization's rules."
The glare is not too bad since it allows all the very small subtleties to be seen. However, in some photographs, the sheet you used has a lot of visible folds, hah.
Mieux?
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q529...G_1875.jpg
The sheet's design is like that (the diamonds). Hopefully in this one its not too distinctive.

Haha, pyrus, I guess I beat you to the measurements.

Stadium Border Height : 11 cm
Diameter of this stadium's inner circle: 31 cm
Distance between the ridges of both pockets : 32 cm

Oh, and, Kai-V, I did a second "copied draft" in the OP Wink
No no, we will not even copy the content from the Pegasus Thunder Whip stadium article : you really delete all of that description and write : "This stadium is essentially a copy of the [[Pegasus Thunder Whip]] arena, save for a few subtle alterations of slope or additional gimmicks. Firstly, [the diametre of the area encased in the Tornado Ridge is much wider], etc."
(Sep. 28, 2012  3:18 AM)Kai-V Wrote: No no.

I'm just pulling your leg, V. You did not see the first draft? I essentially wrote the same thing but in a jumbled up order. If you want it to be like that (mention PTW and then list how it differs), ok Tongue_out

EDIT: Instead of updating the OP:

Quote:This stadium is, in essence, a copy of the [[Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium]], save for a few subtle alterations in design and appearance. Firstly, the inner circle has a bigger diameter than the Pegasus Thunder Whip stadium. Secondly, the slope of this inner circle also has a slightly smaller slope than that of the Pegasus Thunder Whip. Last but not least, this stadium has the design of a (helmet?) and a (horse?) with abstract patterns swirling out of the center as well as a silver and navy blue color scheme.

Since the inner play area of this stadium is relatively flat with a minimal slope, it completely nullifies the advantage of attack types. Therefore, more viable customizations are ones based on stamina and balance. Performance tips such as WD, SD, D and MB tend to give you a longer spin rate which is of utmost importance in this stamina-based stadium.

As mentioned before, this stadium’s slope is very small and it is almost relatively flat. Therefore, the performance of attack types is drastically affected as they can no longer preform a successful flower pattern. Rather, they go into a tornado stall (insert link here). Like many Hasbro stadiums from the Metal Fusion/Masters series, the battles are usually a game of stamina and out-spinning.

This stadium is not fair for all types and favors stamina based customs. Therefore it is not recommended for purchase as it is not a very lively stadium. Most battles will end up in a drag of stamina in the center of the beystadium. Aside from the general unfairness to all types of Beyblades, the designs in this stadium are coated with a type of paint that tend to stick on the tips; damaging them both aesthetically and performance wise. Bladers seeking competitive thrill should veer away from this stadium and go with more fair and competitively based stadiums such as the Beystadium Attack Type (insert link here). Like all of Hasbro's stadiums, it is inadequate for competitive play and is therefore illegal under the World Beyblade Organization's rules.
Quote:This stadium is, in essence, a copy of the [[Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium]], save for a few subtle alterations in design and appearance. Firstly, the inner circle has a bigger diameter than the Pegasus Thunder Whip stadium. Secondly, the slope of this inner circle also has a slightly smaller slope than that of the Pegasus Thunder Whip. Last but not least, this stadium has the design of a (helmet?) and a (horse?) with abstract patterns swirling out of the center as well as a silver and navy blue color scheme.

This stadium is not fair for all types and favors stamina based customs. Therefore it is not recommended for purchase as it is not a very lively stadium. Most battles will end up in a drag of stamina in the center of the beystadium. Aside from the general unfairness to all types of Beyblades, the designs in this stadium are coated with a type of paint that tend to stick on the tips; damaging them both aesthetically and performance wise. Bladers seeking competitive thrill should veer away from this stadium and go with more fair and competitively based stadiums such as the Beystadium Attack Type (insert link here). Like all of Hasbro's stadiums, it is inadequate for competitive play and is therefore illegal under the World Beyblade Organization's rules.

==Combos Recommendation==
Any low Stamina customization should do well in this stadium. Defense types are not particularly required since Attack combos are nullified in this stadium, therefore it will often only be a battle of survival. Tips such as WD, SD, D, MB, B are viable in addition to low stamina tracks with little to no gimmicks, such as 145, 130 and AD145. Metal wheels chosen should be either Hades, Twisted or Earth.

Chief 2002 - Hmm ...