[Hasbro]  Just exactly how does Bursting work?

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]I understand the basics of the mechanic— a Bey that can deal enough strong hits can cause the opponent’s layer to slide so that it comes apart with the Performance Tip’s spring loaded mechanism. But I have yet to get a handle on just what exactly affects the mechanism between different parts... [/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Is the friction between the Energy Layer gaps and Forge Disk different between individual ELs? Is it a more gradual sliding over time in battle, or does it require a single blow that forces the layer to slide the entire length of the gap? I just want to know everything about how the mechanism works. [/font][/font]
I didn't fully understand it at first either before I got my first burst bey, but here we go.

The layers made by Takara Tomy come with teeth, while the Hasbro ones come with slopes. Drivers have those thin tabs reaching out, that can grab or "click" on those teeth. To lock the layer and the driver into each other, you need to push the spring in, which causes the spring to become loaded. Once the beyblade skips all the teeth, be it either by a big impact or by consecutive attacks, the tabs have nothing else to hold onto and the spring unloads, pushing the layer upwards.
(Jun. 30, 2018  8:58 PM)Cyberkirby Wrote: Is the friction between the Energy Layer gaps and Forge Disk different between individual ELs? Is it a more gradual sliding over time in battle, or does it require a single blow that forces the layer to slide the entire length of the gap? I just want to know everything about how the mechanism works.

For hasbro parts, the shape and thickness of the slopes change the amount of friction between the layer and driver. For TT, layers have teeth that are different heights/thicknesses between different layers. But, for both hasbro and TT layers, bursting is usually incremental, with hasbro layers gradually sliding and TT layers skipping teeth. Sometimes all it takes is one large hit to get both types of beys to unscrew completely tho, which is why when you grab a spinning bey by its layer it usually bursts.

There are some other factors that go into the burst mechanic, so I'm gonna start with Layer Shape and Weight. A smooth, rounded layer has a lower burst risk because there are fewer protrusions for the opposing layer to hit, making it harder for that layer to be unscrewed, and conversely, a jagged, sharp layer is more likely to burst. A wider/heavier layer has more inertia, which means it takes more force from the opposing layer to slow it down and unscrew it, and a lighter layer is easier to burst because it has less inertia.

The shape and weight of disks are kinda the opposite, with wider and heavier disks being more likely to burst because of their higher inertia, which means they're more likely to continue rotating under the layer after the layer has been struck and slowed down.

Drivers affect bursts too, with some drivers having tighter/looser locking mechanisms meaning the amount of friction between different layers/drivers can vary a lot. In a different vein, more aggressive drivers, like flat and rubber tips are more likely to burst because they create harder impacts between layers.

Finally, spin direction can change the burst resistance of a bey a LOT. In opposite spin matchups, theoretically only self bursts can happen, because the locking mechanisms between beys are opposite each other. Harder hits would just mean your bey was tightening the other bey rather than loosening it, but in reality your bey usually loosens while the other bey stays roughly the same. This is why bursting is a lot more rare in opposite spin matches, and why attack types usually try to match spin directions with their opponents.

So yeah, that's my crash course on the burst mechanic, feel free to ask any questions if ur confused about anything
I think the key points are:

Some layers fit tighter with drivers and disks, this is the reasoning spryzen requiem is banned for tourney play as it fits so tight its nearly invincible.

Some drivers have better springs or fit tighter as well, so combined with a very tight layer the combo can be extremely tough to burst.