[Hasbro]  Air Knight K4 Testing and Discussion (Rail Rush Stadium)

Poll: Should Knight K4 be used in today’s Metagame? (Please share why you chose your answer)

Yes
30.77%
No
69.23%
Total: 100% 13 vote(s)
Rail Rush Stadium was used.

I’ll just do the same combos that kjrules17 does.

Same and Opposite Spin Tests (Click to View)

KO Attack Test (Click to View)
Final Thoughts (Click to View)
Kind of strange something like Knight would be competitive in attack
(Sep. 30, 2019  12:55 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Kind of strange something like Knight would be competitive in attack

I was surprised too!
What stadium does kjrules17 use? CheetoBlader used the Rail Rush Stadium, which has a bump in the middle, SlingShock Rails, and less+smaller KO pockets.
(Sep. 30, 2019  1:04 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: What stadium does kjrules17 use? CheetoBlader used the Rail Rush Stadium, which has a bump in the middle, SlingShock Rails, and less+smaller KO pockets.

The rails were never used, the battles were in the center of the stadium, and there’s no hump in the middle.
(Sep. 30, 2019  1:07 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2019  1:04 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: What stadium does kjrules17 use? CheetoBlader used the Rail Rush Stadium, which has a bump in the middle, SlingShock Rails, and less+smaller KO pockets.

The rails were never used, the battles were in the center of the stadium, and there’s no hump in the middle.
Oh yeah. However, KOs are easier in TT BeyStadiums than in the Rail Rush Stadiums.
(Sep. 30, 2019  1:04 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: What stadium does kjrules17 use?
B-33
(Sep. 30, 2019  1:12 AM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2019  1:04 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: What stadium does kjrules17 use?
B-33
Ok thanks.
Something I would suggest is to not use KJ's testing style as it's very formulaic and doesn't cater to the more specialized beys. For example, aK4 is actually a pretty good bey in opposite spin, but just like blast jinnius, it needs a specific setup. Mess around with the beys and find out what works before testing, that's my strategy. Also, if you are going to formula it, I'd suggest 0L.Br for the opposite spin beys and 0C.O for the same spin ones. Or don't, whatever works I guess.

And just to backup my aK4 claims, I did a little test:

Test 1:
aK4.0L.Br VS B3.0L.Br (alternating launches, ties redone, both weak launched, 10 battles)
K4 Win rate: 80% (OS: 8, KO: 0, BST: 0)
B3 Win rate: 20% (OS: 2, KO: 0, BST: 0)
Ties: 8

And yes, I do think it can work in today's meta because of its opposite spin game. It's a very risky pick and probably deck only.
Just do what works best for you in my opinion. I like to be consistent with my testing style because I'm just trying to get a general idea of how the specific part in question performs when compared to other specific parts. Using the same setups on both combos and switching the parts halfway through the tests is what I prefer because it helps eliminate variables and can help me understand where the part falls in terms of use when compared to other ones. If I'm putting Part A and Part B on the same setups and switching parts halfway through and Part A loses most of the time by OS to Part B, that tells me that Part B probably has more Stamina than Part A. That doesn't necessarily mean that Part B is always better than Part A, as with fine-tuning of combos, I'm sure you could find a combo out there involving Part A that could have a better shot against a combo involving Part B. That stuff is also interesting to test and I'll try to get to that soon, but currently, I'm not trying to find that. I'm just focusing on part vs part for now because I want to know that information first. Once I finish with that, I'll get into trying out different combos against each other.

EDIT: To clarify, my style is basically comparing two parts on a basic level. Just because one part beats another part on the same setup doesn't mean it's outright outclassed. It's just not as good when compared to the other part for whatever thing I'm trying to test. However, that lower-tier part could be good at something else, which is why more testing would be done to discover that. My style though is just the baseline information, which helps me figure out what I should do next with the part.
How on earth does K4 burst C3 9 times?! Did Hasbro make it's outer surface a bit more jagged or something than the TT air knight?
Also, how good are it's slopes? To which bey's slopes are these be similar to?
Hi. Just to share some finding in our local tournament yesterday about air knight.

aK.Ar.At vs CzS.Vn.Br (Left spin)
(1st to 5 is the winner)
aK.Ar.At win by 5-2
aK win by outspin = 5
aK lose by knockout = 2