HMS & Plastics Remembrance 2017 - July 15th through August 6th!

Flash! HMS & Plastics Remembrance 2017 is here, and we're shaking it up!

Breaking with the tradition of past years, our celebration of the series that started it all will go on for not just one weekend or even two: this year's HMS and Plastics Remembrance will span four weekends lasting from July 15 to August 6!

Some things never change, though, such as the extra +1 credit for participants of HMS and Plastic events during the celebratory period. For anyone planning to attend multiple old school events, this will be a great chance to rack up those credits!

As of now, these areas will be holding events as part of HMS & PLA Remembrance:

– Saturday, July 15th –

[Image: us.png] - Bey-ja Vu at Wasena Park in Roanoke, VA

– Sunday, July 16th –

[Image: us.png] - wot is plastic? at FDR Park in Philadelphia, PA

– Sunday, July 16th –

[Image: in.png] - Galaxy Turbo Twister at Dhakuria Lake in Kolkata, India

– Saturday, July 29th –

[Image: ca.png] - PLASTIC'S NOT DEAD! 4 at High Park in Toronto, ON

- Saturday, August 12th -

[Image: gb.png] - Wait, this isn't Burst?! at Regent's Park in London, UK

(We'll update this list and feature new events here as they're approved, so get on it, Organizers! :P)

And as if BeyDays wasn't long enough past...

[align=center][Image: beylotto.png]

It's time for another BeyLotto! Every member who participates in a HMS or Plastic Format event between July 15th and August 6th will be entered. Unlike that of BeyDays, though, this one is stacked (literally) with Beyblades from the first generation...

[Image: h0Vo6au.jpg]

...Plus something extra special for the top winner...

[Image: qs1ErvJ.jpg]

[Image: XkVy5Rk.jpg]

1st Place: SCARlet’s Custom 3D Printed Black Dranzer + Case

2nd Place: ATTACK Set
Dragoon MS, Trygle, Dragoon G, Griffolyon, and Strata Dragoon G

3rd Place: ENDURANCE Set
Galeon, Vortex Ape, Guardian Driger, and Bearing Stinger, Zeus (Hasbro)

4th Place: ULTIMATE UPPER Set
Driger V2, Dark Effigy MS, Kids Dragoon, and Dranzer GT

5th Place: DEFENSE Set
Sea Drake, Advance Guardian, Draciel V, Draciel V2

6th Place: CLASSIC Set
Bakushin-Oh! (Black and Bronze), Salamalyon, Sparkling Attacker, Ultimate Dragoon

7th Place: Dranzer F, Master Dranzer, Death Driger

8th Place: Driger MS, Flash Leopard

And of course, all 8 randomly-picked winners of the above prizes will receive their choice of the following huge list of Bit Boosters:

Beyblade Photography Contest 5: Generations

On top of this all, we're swinging another Bit contest your way! With the continuation of the Bakuten Shoot: RISING manga, this year's theme is aptly "generations." The three best entries will each receive their choice of a Bit Booster from the same list as the winners of the BeyLotto above.

And for the top prize? Why, a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet...

Venusian G!

For full details and entry, head on over to the contest's topic in the Beyblade General forum:

<div class="text-center"><a href="https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade-Photography-Contest-5-Generations" class="btn btn-primary btn-lg" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-external-link"></i> Enter Contest</a></div>

Organized Play Rule Changes

• The Burst Standard Type BeyStadium is now legal for HMS and PLA Formats!

• Deck Rotation Finals is no longer mandatory for HMS and PLA Formats!

These changes are effective immediately, so hopefully they will make HMS and PLA Formats easier to put together for everyone!

<div class="text-center"><a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/15b3nO9q9qq_gkCCqxURAf7-In92NdHrbV4HRl3esCag/edit?usp=sharing" class="btn btn-primary btn-lg" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-external-link"></i> Read Updated Rulebooks</a></div>

New Promo Cards Featuring Taka and Fumi!

[Image: giphy.gif]

As some of you may have seen at Anime North in Toronto back in May, the much-needed redesign of our WBO Promo Cards is now complete! We're excited to start sending these out to potential representatives from around the globe to help grow their local communities!

[Image: World-Beyblade-Organization-Promo-Card-Mockup.jpg]

Want promo cards for your local Beyblade community?

<div class="text-center"><a href="https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Promo-Card-Campaign-Looking-for-west-coast-NA-Representatives-08-03" class="btn btn-primary btn-lg" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-external-link"></i> Request Cards Here</a></div>

Plastics & HMS on Social Media!

Lastly, keep an eye on the WBO's social media pages for plenty of Plastics & HMS related content over these next few weeks!

And don't forget to share your favorite Beyblade memories and celebration plans with the hashtag:

#HMSPlasticsRemembrance

HMS and Plastic Format tournament participants who do that and tag us @worldbeyblade on Twitter or Instagram get 1 extra entry in the BeyLotto!

Best of luck to everyone, and happy HMS & Plastics Remembrance!

P.S. Stay tuned for the winners of the BeyDays BeyLotto to be announced very soon...!!
Awesome! Stay tuned for the Toronto event thread later today. We'll be hosting Plastics on the 29th.

Also, please ignore anything that might look funny on the index of the site right now haha ... we're tweaking the display of the logo/button.
Thats super cracking awesome news!! I will surely keep a event during that time. Though I actually proposed 1 but didn't got reply can some mod check it? Thanks!

Also I have few questions
1 those prizes are too op. How you guys can be so awesome lol? I'M COMING DEMS!!!!
Is there's another way to gain extra entry?
3 why deck isn't mand on BSB formats?
4. HERE MY RED DRIER V2 COMES TO DOMINATE INSTAGRAM!! Special MOVE!! BEYZING PHOTOSTORM!!!
I love that this event happens every year. When I went to the BeyDays event in Maryland last year I did a little free play with plastics and had a blast, it's cool to see people still having fun with such old toys. Perhaps someday we will have a Metal Fight Remembrance Day?
If anyone needs to buy any Plastics or HMS beyblades please visit my eBay store and make your purchase to get the beys before the tournament!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/switchbladr

PS. Why are the top place prizes worse than lower positions such as 6th and 8th ??
(Jul. 15, 2017  3:37 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Thats super cracking awesome news!! I will surely keep a event during that time. Though I actually proposed 1 but didn't got reply can some mod check it? Thanks!

Also I have few questions
1 those prizes are too op. How you guys can be so awesome lol? I'M COMING DEMS!!!!
Is there's another way to gain extra entry?
3 why deck isn't mand on BSB formats?
4. HERE MY RED DRIER V2 COMES TO DOMINATE INSTAGRAM!! Special MOVE!! BEYZING PHOTOSTORM!!!

I'll try to make sure we look at that soon. Thanks!

1. Thank some random donor involved with Anime North! These were the Beyblades we kept from the giant bin of Plastics/HMS that they donated to us. Also, thanks SCARlet too of course!

2. The methods listed in the OP are the only ways to get entries.

3. Because there is a lot of communities out there who might not have access to a lot of HMS/Plastics Beyblades, so we wanted to give them the option to not try and force that to work if some members didn't have enough Beyblades. Since HMS/Plastics are also unranked, it was an easier decision to make since we don't have to worry about inconsistencies in the rankings with some people winning via single battles and some people winning via the more skilled Deck Format.

4. This isn't a question?! Can't wait to see haha.

(Jul. 15, 2017  4:44 PM)Wizard Wrote: Perhaps someday we will have a Metal Fight Remembrance Day?

Well, there is a certain anniversary next year ...

(Jul. 15, 2017  5:04 PM)SwitchBladr Wrote: PS. Why are the top place prizes worse than lower positions such as 6th and 8th ??

How are they worse? I would take the "1st" "2nd", etc designations pretty loosely for the first six prizes/sets; they aren't meant to represent what the "best" prize is necessarily. The drawing will be random anyways. All of the top prizes/sets have something special (SCARlet's Black Dranzer) or relatively valuable (Dragoon MS, Dranzer GT, etc) in them, and we were trying to make what we had available fit into the idea of specifically themed sets.
If I enter the instagram contests but not participate in a Remembrance Day event will I still be eligible for a beylotto prize
(Jul. 16, 2017  1:26 AM)mj9 Wrote: If I enter the instagram contests but not participate in a Remembrance Day event will I still be eligible for a beylotto prize

Unfortunately, no. The extra entry is only available as a bonus to HMS/Plastic tournament participants
as an addition to their first entry.

But we encourage you to post with #HMSPlasticsRemembrance anyways! If there's a lot of people who do that, maybe we'll give away some extra Bit Boosters.
So if we don't have access to tournaments in our community, we are not eligible for the "BeyLotto"?
(Jul. 18, 2017  12:01 AM)RobedRebel Wrote: So if we don't have access to tournaments in our community, we are not eligible for the "BeyLotto"?

if you participate in the photography contest then you are eligible

edit: wait maybe not idk
(Jul. 18, 2017  12:01 AM)RobedRebel Wrote: So if we don't have access to tournaments in our community, we are not eligible for the "BeyLotto"?

That's correct. However, you can still enter the Photography contest for a chance to win Venusian G!

Additionally, because all of our events are completely fan-run, this means you can take the initiative to host something yourself if nothing else is being planned for your area at the moment. You can start by looking for Bladers in your area, submit an event proposal, and then take the Organizers' Quiz once you've accumulated some posts on the forums. You only need a minimum of 4 Bladers to host a Club Format event, or 8 to host a full tournament.

You can also learn more about our rules and read our Organizers' Guide if you're interested in hosting an event here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8qeYL...XJtUXJ1SmM

If you have any questions, let us know!
that sucks. i planned a plastics tourney but it didnt work out and now i cant be in the bey lotto. wish more people were interested in plastics.
(Jul. 18, 2017  3:19 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: that sucks.  i planned a plastics tourney but it didnt work out and now i cant be in the bey lotto. wish more people were interested in plastics.

Sorry to hear that! Maybe try hosting a Burst event and then see if there's three other people who'd want to play in Club Format Plastics? I think it's a good idea to do that as there is more people interested in Burst right now who would come just for that. That's what seems to have been done in Virginia, and that's what we're doing in Toronto (edit: although, I see that's what you did; shocked you couldn't get two other people to play in Club as it doesn't take long at all). In any case, I'd encourage you to enter the photography contest for a chance to win the Venusian G!

And as I mentioned in my other post, "we encourage you to post with #HMSPlasticsRemembrance anyways! If there's a lot of people who do that, maybe we'll give away some extra Bit Boosters".
Wait if we tag on Instagram are we entered in the beylotto and if so I'm in

@[Valt oye] don't quote long posts also you must attend a HMSandPlastics rememberance day tournament, take a picture there and then you tag @worldbeyblade and then you get your entry
well I can't go beacause there are never any tournaments in iowa
Wow the new promo cards look sweet
(Jul. 22, 2017  7:35 AM)beymaster15963 Wrote: Wow the new promo cards look sweet

Thank you! They turned out really nicely. Hope everyone who gets some puts them to good use!
Aww darn, Work and life has had me on a roller coaster this past month so I missed it! I hope everyone had a good time with it!