H145

(Oct. 22, 2011  11:43 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Leone has like, 6 contact points, which is enough to make it fall under a more rounder smash wheel, but Leone is terrible outclassed. You're focusing too much on contact points than the weight factor I was trying to show. If a smash wheel is more circular (six or more points) then it really doesn't matter about throwing off the weight.

Please, you have got to talk to some italians!
Pinching_eyes_2
Italians have trouble with Basalt Uncertain
I agree.
This makes Leone outclassed. If it can't take down tier 1 beys, it is not tier 1 and is therefore outclassed.

Although, I like using tier 2 attackers against tier 2 and 3 stamina beys.
MF Phantom Orion (attack)H145XF vs MFH Basalt Aq. 230cs
Phantom 7-10 all KO
Basalt 3-10 all OS

H145 70%

MF Phantom Orion (attack)H145xf vs MFH Basalt Aq. BD145MB (T Stalling)
Phantom 10-10 all OS
Basalt 0-10

H145 100%

Even when you don't go for the stall, basalt bumps you back up to the ridge, and the XF goes wild, then destabilizes .

This even seems to do well against attack combos as well, though I cannot say for sure, I like to test attack v attack with an opponent for greater accuracy, but it was about 50% with MF Beat Lynx GB145RF, and I'd say 40ish% vs MF Blitz S130R2F so, we'll see what happens with PvP
Dayum Phantom must be a phenomenal stamina wheel if it still outlasts Basalt combinations with H145 AND XF on. XF cannot take hits for my life, WF is the real shiner there. :V How the hell is H145 not hitting BD145 and completely disrupting its own spin?
On RF combos no one cares about that, but XF/Stamina combos, what the heck? lol
By the time Phantom comes into contact with the BD, Basalt is already wobbling and beginning to scrape, and phantom is still spinning strong, so the Horn delivers the final destabilizing blow

and yeah, Phantom _ _ RF OS's certain CS combos... Phenomenal isn't even the half of it, truly a wonder wheel
I'm actually thinking of testing this on MF Gravity Perseus H145MF, just on a hunch - if XF did so well with it, it seems like MF would do quite well, too.

I will not be able to test for a couple of days, unfortunately, but when I can test, I will try to address the Beat requests, gibsonmac. I assume you want the usual Beat methodology, deep banking? I think shallow banking may be necessary given H145's shape, but I will try nonetheless.

I can also test against TH170 variants, if necessary.
Your XF is in amazing condition then, that is how I got 100% results against all prominent combinations in my MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF thread!
Trust me, one day that will all end and you have to take the hard way when using XF because it just doesn't have the same power/speed it does for you today!

Anyway interesting. I think hardcore rubber-based attack is what this thread is aimed for though, so try some more of those if you can!
Word... yeah, brand new XF, I have a TON of XF's though... so I'll be set for a while, something like 12 I want to say, I bought a ton of RBV7, and 4 of the new phantom parts set, which comes with XF, mainly cause the CH120 it comes with actually works like it was suppose to, and its clear orange!!! (i know, im a tool lol)

Hazel, yeah, whatever you deem appropriate... I use to use Beat H145RF a lot, never thought about trying MF/XF on it until now... WF like Dan mentioned would be good as well, the MF/WF will definitely drop the learning curve that XF has significantly
Hazel- Yes, MF would be quite great IMO. Compared to WF/XF, it will be more easier to control; and the extra weight of that metal might reduce the recoil too. Smile
(Oct. 23, 2011  8:47 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: the extra weight of that metal might reduce the recoil too. Smile

IMO the low friction of the metal will counter metal flats weight...

just wondering if people could try the idea i posted... as i have the idea but not the parts
the weight difference in XF to MF is so minuscule, I don't think it would play much of a factor... its more edge shape and traction that will be a factor

edit: weight difference of 0.38 grams MF to XF
(Oct. 23, 2011  4:20 PM)gibsonmac Wrote: traction that will be a factor

traction will not effect recoil much
(Oct. 23, 2011  4:25 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2011  4:20 PM)gibsonmac Wrote: traction that will be a factor

traction will not effect recoil much

yeah I didn't mean in terms of recoil, just overall performance... I'm aware of the difference between friction and traction, I have 4 college degrees and working on my masters
H145 has always been quite a decent piece, though I recall R145 always working better for me, quite probably because of the additional weight and the fact I used Gravity and other 3-sided wheels for attack.

That said, it didn't impress me too much on Beat. Too light, maybe? Idk, I never quite got the hang of beat, I think.