Gun Gale Online/Sword Art Online II

Oh, I am not all that special, really....Thank you for the compliment though

You obviously saw the first 2 seasons (you mentioned ALO before). So if you want a concept of plot, Ill just give you a summary I suppose;

The plot of SAO II (thus far) is the journey of the main character from last season, Kirito, investigating the strange deaths of high ranking players in the VRMMO known as "Gun Gale Online" seemingly being caused by a mysterious player known as "Death Gun" from within the game. Along the way, we are introduced to Sinon, who plays GGO as a form of therapeutic treatment for her PTSD (which we learned about in an earlier episode).

EDIT: Let me know if I ever come off as a "know-it-all." That is something I would like to avoid, as it is rude, but I do get carried away sometimes.
(Aug. 11, 2014  2:04 PM)LeonTempest Wrote: Oh, I am not all that special, really....Thank you for the compliment though

You obviously saw the first 2 seasons (you mentioned ALO before). So if you want a concept of plot, Ill just give you a summary I suppose;

The plot of SAO II (thus far) is the journey of the main character from last season, Kirito, investigating the strange deaths of high ranking players in the VRMMO known as "Gun Gale Online" seemingly being caused by a mysterious player known as "Death Gun" from within the game. Along the way, we are introduced to Sinon, who plays GGO as a form of therapeutic treatment for her PTSD (which we learned about in an earlier episode).

EDIT: Let me know if I ever come off as a "know-it-all." That is something I would like to avoid, as it is rude, but I do get carried away sometimes.
You do not come of as rude. Most of the stuff you do is correct mistakes (like my one) and help with explanations. You will simply say the truth witch is what I like about you and your reviews.
I appreciate the praise. Thank you, Ryûzaki Smile Let me know whenever I can help.
Alright guys, awesome news!

Episode 14 of the Sword Art Online II anime ended with an announcement that the anime will begin the Calibur arc from Reki Kawahara's original light novel series on October 18 on Tokyo MX and other stations, followed by the Mother's Rosary (Mother's Rosario, pictured below) arc on November 8. These arcs will use a new opening theme song by Haruka Tomatsu, as well as a new ending theme song by LiSA.

The Calibur arc (light novel volume 8) revolves around the quest for the legendary sword Excalibur. In the Mother's Rosary arc (light novel volume 7), Asuna faces a duel against an secretive Avatar named Zekken for an Original Sword Skill.

I can't wait to see Konno Yuuki in the Anime. Especially after reading the Light Novels!

(Oct. 04, 2014  9:49 PM)Crescent Wrote: Alright guys, awesome news!

Episode 14 of the Sword Art Online II anime ended with an announcement that the anime will begin the Calibur arc from Reki Kawahara's original light novel series on October 18 on Tokyo MX and other stations, followed by the Mother's Rosary (Mother's Rosario, pictured below) arc on November 8. These arcs will use a new opening theme song by Haruka Tomatsu, as well as a new ending theme song by LiSA.

The Calibur arc (light novel volume 8) revolves around the quest for the legendary sword Excalibur. In the Mother's Rosary arc (light novel volume 7), Asuna faces a duel against an secretive Avatar named Zekken for an Original Sword Skill.

I can't wait to see Konno Yuuki in the Anime. Especially after reading the Light Novels!

OMGGGGGG

KonnoXClassik=Fan Fic all day!

Anywho,Awesome!
Of course, we couldn't move on to the new arc this week! Instead we get a recap episode, ugh!

Oh well, it's worth it to wait so we can see Konno in action! Grin
I can't believe this still goes on 0.0

please let this not become like the Big 3.
I finally finish Sword Art II to find out that I still need to watch some more. Lol,
I'm pumped for the continuation of Sword Art because GGO was so good.
(Oct. 14, 2014  7:22 AM)Neo Wrote: I can't believe this still goes on 0.0

What do you mean by that? It was confirmed before it even aired it was going to be a 24 episode series. One episode every week.

New arc new arc new arc new arc! Where are you!?!?!?
(Oct. 14, 2014  9:45 PM)Crescent Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2014  7:22 AM)Neo Wrote: I can't believe this still goes on 0.0

What do you mean by that? It was confirmed before it even aired it was going to be a 24 episode series. One episode every week.

New arc new arc new arc new arc! Where are you!?!?!?

I'm saying it should probably die soon. Because while the anime was trash, (SAO, ALO) the idea was great. Don't want that simple idea to become like Naruto, One Piece, or Bleach. It should stay simple and not have 200+ episodes.
Dont even get me started on the "big 3"...sigh

As I have said before, ALO arc was just garbage...but I was very pleased with the quality in GGO's writing and storytelling. A real step up.
(Oct. 15, 2014  5:39 PM)LeonTempest Wrote: Dont even get me started on the "big 3"...sigh

As I have said before, ALO arc was just garbage...but Iw as very pleased with the quality in GGO's writing and storytelling. A real step up.

Just saying, there's nothing wrong with the big 3. People only bash them because of that. I'll admit, Bleach and Naruto may be on and off, but One Piece is nice for an advanture Anime,
People bash Naruto, and especially Bleach, because of just how repetitive and bland it can be.

On a more related note....not exactly sure what the point of this Excaliber arc is.....but I will keep watching for now....just seems very devoid of purpose.
(Oct. 15, 2014  5:39 PM)LeonTempest Wrote: Dont even get me started on the "big 3"...sigh

As I have said before, ALO arc was just garbage...but Iw as very pleased with the quality in GGO's writing and storytelling. A real step up.

Really?
I can see you have great senses; so I'll put my faith in you. If it's the same carp; I'll continue to express the opinion, haha.
So I recently got around to finishing the series (watched basically the whole series within the last few days besides the first few I had watched when they first aired over the Summer). It was interesting so I decided to share my opinions on the anime "Sword Art Online 2"
Spoilers Ahead!
Mother Rosario Arc....Feeling Art Online....Jeez.
Wait till Actualization. Feels everywhere Q_Q
Honestly could have cared less about the Caliber arc. All it did was give side characters screen time. Complete indifference.

And then Mother's Rosario comes along, and to be honest I was expecting another side story. What we got was so much more.

It is common place on the internet to bash SAO, especially after ALO and its stupid amount of fanservice and harem building. In particular, Asuna's character was 1st a heroic warrior, then a wife who needed protection, then a damsel in distress, and then even in GGO (a great arc), a completely useless and irrelevant side character.

But then, enter Mother's Rosario, a touching, down-to-earth emotional tale all about Asuna. We get to see her struggles at home and with readjusting to a post-SAO world.

And you can't talk about this arc without talking about Yuuki and the Sleeping Knights. Yuuki is a phenomenal character, and the story does a great job at making me care about her and her relationship with Asuna in just the 7 episodes this arc has.

Without getting into spoiler territory.....I would have never expected to be close to tears from an anime like SAO (by which I mean the people who thought ALO was a good idea...if my numerous posts on the subject haven't clued you in, I think it was trash). I am not a typical "feels" kinda guy....very few anime have elicited emotional responses from me on the level of borderline tears, and to date, only one show has ACTUALLY made me cry, that being Anohanna (a masterpiece, by the way).

Check out Mother's Rosario if you haven't already. Skip over the Caliber arc if you lost interest in SAO and are looking for a reason to return to it.
SPOILERS!!!

I swear, they need a season three to rebuild on any mistakes/flaws. When Kirito is lead to believe that Kayaba created medicuboid included the suspense making me want a new season.
Having the Mother's Rosario arc end with the mention of Kayaba seemed really weird...like stupidly weird. Is it even significant that Kayaba built the Medicuboids? It just felt like a poor way to end an arc all about Asuna.

Its possible that this idea will be explored later on, but again, it just felt out of place, and kind of almost like useless trivia.