Guitar Hero: Metallica and Guitar Hero IV

Katashi Wrote:
Roan Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:
Roan Wrote:
Guitar_Legend Wrote:Am I the only one that cant stand A7X?

No, you are not alone.

A7X is seriously just about the cheesiest band ever. The only song they've written that is worth a damn was the one in GH2. I can't even remember the name of it, but it was fun as hell to play.

Honestly, I'm hoping for less metal stuff too. I want more modern bands, I'm tired of all the old fogies. Metallica is just about as carp washed up as they come, with Aerosmith in a very close second.

Give me some Muse, give me a carp of Thrice (Both new and old, though I'd prefer the older, more heavy stuff like say, Paper Tigers or something that is actually challenging to play on all the instruments), hell, give me some carp Dir en grey.

I would be shocked as hell if they put Dir en Grey on there. If anything, they might end up with some bonus song that you'd have to purchase in-game or whatever, and it might be a single, although I doubt any recent single would be clean enough for Guitar Hero. Not to mention that there would be no way for a vocalist to do anything, unless they did Clever Sleazoid or Agitated Screams of Maggots, even then, the English vocals would be almost impossible to make out as horrible as Kyo's English is (Lol, I know you were theorizing, but I just said all this for discussion's sake).

Rock Band has songs that are in German dude, I see no reason why Dir en grey can't be released. I don't care if its DLC, I'll pay for it.

They did do German songs? Vocals and all?

Yes. A whole track pack was released that was (mostly) in foreign language.

Guitar_Legend Wrote:A7X has some fun riffs but its nothing new
the vocals are a joke
their made up fantasy names like johnny christ and danny vengeance are a joke
and the make-up is a joke

A7X is a joke period.
The jokes on everyone than. They are successful as hell.

I donno. I really really didn't like them at all. DL'd their new CD on a whim and I actually got into it. They have a bit of creativity and an eye for hooks and melody. Not alot of people shred like they do and usually they have fun songs.

Check out "A little piece of heaven"
^being successful does not mean you have a lot of talent. not these days anyway.

so what's this about the nintendo DS guitar hero?
rofl what a bad idea
Guitar_Legend Wrote:so what's this about the nintendo DS guitar hero?
rofl what a bad idea
It actually looks pretty cool imo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_DS
it's probably gonna be fun, but the DS doesn't even remotely look like a guitar.
i see it like..playing DDR with a controller.
strumming would be iffy too
Making GH for DS makes almost as much sense as GHIII: Mobile, which only has three lines of notes.
jasonresno Wrote:If it weren't for Rock Band, Guitar Hero wouldn't have the drumset to rip off and better Tongue_out. I hate that that is how games work. One company does something innovating, and another one will come around and rip the product off, make it better, and be lauded for it.

Being a drummer and having played Rock Band with many other drummers, I think you're the first one I've ever heard of complain about the pads being close together. The only complaint I have is how the pads aren't always sensitive enough.

I complain about EVERYTHING about drumming games =P

For that matter, I complain about everything about electronic drums too.

jasonresno Wrote:I know the RB set isn't like a real drumset. But for a drummer: tempo is tempo, just give us something to hit.

Apparently the new RB drums (you can buy individually or with the new bundles) have been retooled as far as sensitivity.

Tempo is tempo, but rigid note playing reacting to falling blobs of light just doesn't really hold with my idea of how drumming in a band should be like.