Guide to AMVs

1. Pick your battle. Make sure it's exiting and moderately long.
2. Pick your song. It's good to pick a rock song to make the AMV exiting, but technically you can do anything you want. It's also good to have a bunch of pre-picked songs so don't have to go through the trouble of downloading/buying the song. It's also good to pick a song that fits the battle. (ex: Monster - Skillet for a Poison Serpent AMV)
3. Take your battle, figure out the episode, and download it. I prefer to find the episode on Youtube and use keepvid to download it.
4. Make sure you have a good video editing program. Corel Video Studios and iMovie are amazing programs that I highly recommend.
5. Make the AMV.
6. Upload it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
You can use WMM, it is awesome especially if you are advanced with it. I just use auto screen recorder to get clips etc.

I recommended Adobe after effects and Sony Vegas Pro.

Check my youtube channel for of my AMV's. It is ironic how I uploaded one yesturday and it is not in my playlists.
(May. 08, 2011  6:03 PM)RAW Wrote: You can use WMM, it is awesome especially if you are advanced with it. I just use auto screen recorder to get clips etc.

I recommended Adobe after effects and Sony Vegas Pro.

Check my youtube channel for of my AMV's. It is ironic how I uploaded one yesturday and it is not in my playlists.

Yup you can make professional lukin vids with wmm......u need to download some extra special effects since wmm only has a limited no of effects and transitions....luk at the new vid i made (its in my sig...) i made the entire thing using wmm....i usually use sony vegas pro along with wmm but this time i only used wmm.....
Mostly, For my first AMVBB, I didn't add special effects or something. I used WMM too, But I don't know how to effects. So, I ended up in a not-so-boring AMVBB.
EDIT: Anyone wants to suggest some AMVBB stuff for me?
Don't forget to listen closely to the harder beats of the song, they're great indicators as to where to cut to a new scene/where to put high-action content.
Regarding wmm.these are a few codes for effects which will make you look like a pro-

Flicker/Flash

X-ray and negative

to save these effects-
copy the code into Notepad (only one at a time).
and save it in C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\AddOnTFX. If the AddOnTFX doesn't exist, create it first. Save the file as Flicker.xml for the first code and xray.xml for the second.

Restart wmm and u should have the effects. Smile
Being a ex - AMV maker myself..... Got to admit i was one of the best beyblade amv makers at my time..about 2 years ago. xD

Here's my advice..

1. Don't add mouth movements when there is a part in the song when the vocalist (singer/rapper) isnt singing. It will make it look un pro.

2. Make sure the AMV has a certain story to it..

3. It doesnt have to based on 1 battle, it could be based on a character.

Hope you like my advice BTW I'm always up for a beyblade amv showdown so bring it btw i use WMM.