Guardians of the Galaxy

[Image: 220px-GOTG-poster.jpg]

First Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZ2Tp9yXyM

Second Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LIQ2-PZBC8

The 10th installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I'm really excited for this film. I know very little about the Guardians but hopefully this film with launch the team into popularity like the first Iron Man did. Some people think it may flop, but it seems like people are actually pretty excited for it. I know I am. It looks like it will be a comedic action film, and so far, its pretty funny. What do you guys think?
It looks nice. I will be watching it for sure, but what is it's release date?
(May. 31, 2014  9:22 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: It looks nice. I will be watching it for sure, but what is it's release date?

It's planned release date is August 1st.
(May. 31, 2014  9:26 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote:
(May. 31, 2014  9:22 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: It looks nice. I will be watching it for sure, but what is it's release date?

It's planned release date is August 1st.
It looks to be a great movie, but who exactly are the characters? Isn't one of them named Nova?
In the comics, I believe Nova is a member, but I don't think he will be in this movie. However, the Nova Corps will be in it, so it is possible he may be in a sequel or something. The Guardians are Star-Lord, Groot, Rocket Racoon, Drax the Destroyer, and Gamora. The main villain is Ronan the Accuser.
My boyfriend and I have booked off both the 31st of July and August 1st off work so we can go to the midnight premiere
(Jun. 01, 2014  12:00 AM)BBAChiChi Wrote: My boyfriend and I have booked off both the 31st of July and August 1st off work so we can go to the midnight premiere
That's sick! What exactly happens at the midnight premiere as I have never been to one.
(Jun. 01, 2014  5:15 AM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2014  12:00 AM)BBAChiChi Wrote: My boyfriend and I have booked off both the 31st of July and August 1st off work so we can go to the midnight premiere
That's sick! What exactly happens at the midnight premiere as I have never been to one.
Just a whole lot of people get together, probably going to be ALOT of cosplay and fangirling. It's fun cause it's pretty much just the fans, and we all get to talk about who our fav character is.
(Jun. 01, 2014  1:53 PM)BBAChiChi Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2014  5:15 AM)RagerBlade Wrote:
Just a whole lot of people get together, probably going to be ALOT of cosplay and fangirling. It's fun cause it's pretty much just the fans, and we all get to talk about who our fav character is.
Sounds fun. I might go, but it depends on my schedule that day.
(Jun. 01, 2014  2:20 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2014  1:53 PM)BBAChiChi Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2014  5:15 AM)RagerBlade Wrote: That's sick! What exactly happens at the midnight premiere as I have never been to one.
If you can, definitely go. We were going to do the same for Godzilla, but it just didn't happen. Guardians of the Galaxy is like my movie of the year. So excited
(Jun. 01, 2014  3:47 PM)BBAChiChi Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2014  2:20 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2014  1:53 PM)BBAChiChi Wrote: Just a whole lot of people get together, probably going to be ALOT of cosplay and fangirling. It's fun cause it's pretty much just the fans, and we all get to talk about who our fav character is.
If you can, definitely go. We were going to do the same for Godzilla, but it just didn't happen. Guardians of the Galaxy is like my movie of the year. So excited
Yeah I was about to go for Spider Man, but all this last minute stuff came out and we had to give away our tickets. I hope I can go, because people really seem pumped up for this movie.
(Jun. 01, 2014  3:48 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2014  3:47 PM)BBAChiChi Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2014  2:20 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: Sounds fun. I might go, but it depends on my schedule that day.
Yeah I was about to go for Spider Man, but all this last minute stuff came out and we had to give away our tickets. I hope I can go, because people really seem pumped up for this movie.
Don't ya just hate it when stupid stuff comes up and you don't get to do the thing you've been planning to do? I'm excited cause James Gunn is the director, and he's a favourite of mine.
Yea I'll be on summer vacation when it comes out so maybe I can convince my folks to do a midnight showing. It would be my first.
Wow. This movie was AMAZING!! It went far beyond my expectations. It flawlessly blending hilarious comedy, awesome action, deep emotion and beautiful imagery together in one 2 hour package. And the after-credits scene is a really cool wink-wink nudge-nudge to more hardcore fans. I'm telling you, if you are reading this post you really should see this movie, even if you hate the other MCU films because this one is one of the best of them all.
I saw this yesterday and it was incredible. At first I had mixed opinions of rocket racoon but he turned out to be awesome. This movie might even be better than the avengers.
I think avengers was better but guardians of the galaxy could have been better to me they needed more action
Haven't seen it, but the reviews are good.
If you thought the Avengers was good, that is hilarious..
It's good, but there are long sequences of violence. So much they could do for a sequel, and hey? Where's Captain Marvel?
(Aug. 16, 2014  5:20 AM)Neo Wrote: Haven't seen it, but the reviews are good.
If you thought the Avengers was good, that is hilarious..

Well to me guardians of the galaxy focused on comedy at least avengers had a balance of its jokes
I thought half if the jokes were bad, not to mention it was uneccersairy albeit very funny at some times, overall Id say it was dung but they just needed to sort out there balance of comedy and action.
Saw this with a lady-friend after a LONG wait (movie wasnt exactly accessible in Japan). Easily the best movie to come out of the Marvel cinematic universe so far, and probably the first movie in a long time where I was able to enjoy the entire thing throughout.