Greetings from a Horse

Hello to all of you! I'm an old fan of Beyblades back from the days when Hasbro's plastic gen beys lined the local shelves, and although I took a break as I grew up and moved on for a while, I came back when I saw them spontaneously looking for Christmas toys a few years ago at the start of the Metal Masters line. It rekindled my fire as I got my Storm Pegasus and Lightning L-Drago and a small stadium and watched Pegasus smash L-Drago out of the stadium and halfway across the floor in its first launch. It was the same fire I got back with my Draciel Shield back in the day, and I started rebuilding my collection with some of my spare change from my first real job, and now it's grown to a pretty large size.

Sadly, most of my old plastic and HMS beys have long since been given away or broken to the point of being unusable, but I have an incredibly large collection of both Metal Fight/Shogun Steel and Burst beys around in good order. In terms of Metal Fight beys, most of them are Hasbro, except some of the later ones which I ordered on Amazon to get the TT versions because Hasbro skimped on the parts or gave them a really ugly recoloring (I'm looking at you, neon-green Variares. What was Hasbro thinking with that color scheme?). Burst-wise most of them are TT, with a few Hasbro ones that I find locally in stores, although some releases aren't finding their way over here.

Sadly my brother stopped blading back in Metal Masters, and with no other opponents around that I know of, I've come to randomize combinations using dice and hold little tournament ladders for the fun of it. It's actually made me respect some of the lesser-used parts like Spriggan that might not be competitive, but hold themselves together  when thrown together with random parts like this. Surprises reign with these random customs, from a burst-attacking Unicorn that somehow succeeded beyond any reasonable expectation to a Horusood combo that made its way to the semifinals through sheer defensive power with Heavy and Loop. It's not really a good indicator of what's good or bad since these combinations and their opponents are nowhere near top-tier (most of the time. I have randomly gotten dF.P.At before via random chance, and boy was I glad when it faced and lost to Lost Longinus in the second round), but it's fun to do nonetheless. Maybe I'll post one of these ladders sometime.

Anyways, feel free to ask me about anything you like.
Hello, and welcome to the WBO, @[MagikHorse]! I hope you have a great time here on the WBO! Feel free to PM me, if you have any questions! I'll do my best to answer them with complete and total accuracy!