God Valkyrie with Hold?

One of my friends put together a God Valkyrie custom using 7 and Meteor, but he decided to use Hold. As skeptical as I was at first, Hold made a decent impression and even beat my prized Zombie custom a few times. I keep hearing that Hold isn't worth anything in the meta, but I think it might have potential.
(Dec. 18, 2017  2:17 AM)strato-abyss19 Wrote: One of my friends put together a God Valkyrie custom using 7 and Meteor, but he decided to use Hold. As skeptical as I was at first, Hold made a decent impression and even beat my prized Zombie custom a few times. I keep hearing that Hold isn't worth anything in the meta, but I think it might have potential.

Hold is a great tip, who said it wasn't worth anything?
I kinda thought up a similar combo when playing with hold.
I could see this as a KO combo. Hold's speed can force just about anything out of the stadium so long as you can get a good initial pattern to force a stamina type out of the center.
It worked phenomenally. Hold allowed gV to fly around and quite literally bounce off of the wall and attack the center. It worked quite effectively as a Burst Attacker as well, for it ran my Fafnir through with little to no resistance. I would LOVE to see how it would do with a Strike chip on it, but alas...I am poor beans. XP
(Dec. 18, 2017  5:02 AM)strato-abyss19 Wrote: It worked phenomenally. Hold allowed gV to fly around and quite literally bounce off of the wall and attack the center. It worked quite effectively as a Burst Attacker as well, for it ran my Fafnir through with little to no resistance. I would LOVE to see how it would do with a Strike chip on it, but alas...I am poor beans. XP

Try the mod to simulate it: https://youtu.be/dPsk8Cc0C3I
(Dec. 18, 2017  5:02 AM)strato-abyss19 Wrote: It worked phenomenally. Hold allowed gV to fly around and quite literally bounce off of the wall and attack the center. It worked quite effectively as a Burst Attacker as well, for it ran my Fafnir through with little to no resistance. I would LOVE to see how it would do with a Strike chip on it, but alas...I am poor beans. XP

I have a Strike Chip, but I do not have a standard beystadium for testing. I have a Hasbroo beystadium.
Destroy is a better driver though. If you have it, I recommend using it instead of Hold
No lie hold will lower the stanima

(Dec. 29, 2017  3:37 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote: Destroy is a better driver though. If you have it, I recommend using it instead of Hold

I agree indeed u must havr night mare
I don't have gV (Hasbro bound sadly) but I do have a standard burst stadium TT and I love using hold. V.H.H is fun. When launched at an angle it will do one or two flower pattern loops before spiraling at the ridge. If flat it will speed up on the ridge circling once or twice before either flinging itself out or bouncing straight to the center with the potential for bursting the opponent.
(Dec. 31, 2017  11:00 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: hold spoils every blade.
self suicide.

It is a challenging part to use but when mastered it is a force to be reckoned with.

Ever heard of the combo the rocked the meta pre God layers L2.H.H?
(Dec. 31, 2017  2:51 AM)MWF Wrote: I don't have gV (Hasbro bound sadly) but I do have a standard burst stadium TT and I love using hold. V.H.H is fun. When launched at an angle it will do one or two flower pattern loops before spiraling at the ridge. If flat it will speed up on the ridge circling once or twice before either flinging itself out or bouncing straight to the center with the potential for bursting the opponent.

It’s a very risky tip, I must say
(Feb. 17, 2018  8:50 AM)Steeper Turnip Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2017  2:51 AM)MWF Wrote: I don't have gV (Hasbro bound sadly) but I do have a standard burst stadium TT and I love using hold. V.H.H is fun. When launched at an angle it will do one or two flower pattern loops before spiraling at the ridge. If flat it will speed up on the ridge circling once or twice before either flinging itself out or bouncing straight to the center with the potential for bursting the opponent.

It’s a very risky tip, I must say

I now have gV (V3) and Hold is not good on hasbros. To much stamina loss. Hold works good on large layers with high walls to slam into opponents. gV is good on extreme.
To be fair, I did run this on a TT gV. Hasbro's Hold doesn't pivot as hard as TT's, so it ruins the purpose.
just a quick question: Is Zet achilles good to be used as an attack type? Thanks
(Apr. 18, 2018  6:18 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: just a quick question: Is Zet achilles good to be used as an attack type? Thanks

Yeah it's aggressive, but you see I've seen pics with broken zA.
And hold is hard to control, so is volcanic. Don't recommend, but that still depends on you if you're willing to use it
I'm not saying that gV will literally bounce off the walls like in the anime, but the spring absorbs the impact nicely. With volcanic it's really fun