Gimmick Specialty Discussion

In truth, I have only used Phantom Fox MS, Round Shell MS, and Dark Leopard MS. I MUST obtain a NIB Magical Ape to explore the gyro goodness.

While in battle, it always amazes me when Phantom Fox splits in two. You launch, take a hit, split, and can surround your opponent with the two halves. Also, when one half loses spin, it can become an obstacle, making the battle a bit more challenging to both players.

Round Shell MS must be my most favorite one that I have tried firsthand. I load it into its grip, pull the winder, release, and watch the tire roll and bounce down the stairs. The grip can also be used with regular HMS launchers if you have the HMS Custom Grip and launcher. Fantastic beyblade set. I will try to launch it in a bigger area to see how far it will go.

Dark Leopard MS always reminded me of a Dranzer V2, but the RC did not impress me very much. So, it is the least favorite of mine of Gimmick Specialty.

I know I'm raving on and on about these, but mainly because it is so fun to use. This is the topic. Talk about experiences, stories, etc with these types of HMS. Ready? Go!
bugturtles Wrote:In truth, I have only used Phantom Fox MS, Round Shell MS, and Dark Leopard MS. I MUST obtain a NIB Magical Ape to explore the gyro goodness.

While in battle, it always amazes me when Phantom Fox splits in two. You launch, take a hit, split, and can surround your opponent with the two halves. Also, when one half loses spin, it can become an obstacle, making the battle a bit more challenging to both players.

Round Shell MS must be my most favorite one that I have tried firsthand. I load it into its grip, pull the winder, release, and watch the tire roll and bounce down the stairs. The grip can also be used with regular HMS launchers if you have the HMS Custom Grip and launcher. Fantastic beyblade set. I will try to launch it in a bigger area to see how far it will go.

Dark Leopard MS always reminded me of a Dranzer V2, but the RC did not impress me very much. So, it is the least favorite of mine of Gimmick Specialty.

I know I'm raving on and on about these, but mainly because it is so fun to use. This is the topic. Talk about experiences, stories, etc with these types of HMS. Ready? Go!

I've always found that the whole splitting phantom fox thing to be quite useless. Although I've never owned one, my friend did and he never won with it.

Anyone else care to input on phantom fox?

Round shell MS. Great package. Decent AR, the running core is so useful for some wolborg MS killers. The grip was quite nice although i always found it to be too small for my liking.

Dark Leopard. Such a huge disappointment. I really expected more from this running core. Although I often use its CWD, Im sure theres better choices, i just don't have them. I really wish this thing had the impact DZV2 had.

I could've sworn there were more GS bey.
Magical Ape of course. Aeroknight MS. Im in love with MAMS though.

Anyone have Aeroknight? I've never used it nor remember much about it. Just wondering.
Using Bunshin Core was mainly for amusement and not for competitive play, I think. When split, your beyblade's weight is almost halved.

Round Shell MS' grip fits nice for my hand. I have long and slender fingers, but somehow the notches on the grip makes it very comfortable.

I think there was Shining God MS and Bloody Devil MS as well.
Phantom Fox MS - It's fun to use and watch in battle, but other than that, it doesn't really perform well to be considered for serious use.
The AR is good, but we have better choices.

Dark Leopard - Yeah, also somewhat of a disappointment here, although I was never fond of DZV2 either, Dark Leopard's RC seemed to do worse. Endurance mode doesn't last long, but once it goes into attack mode, it's too weak to do anything. Also ends up being really easy to knock out.
The CWD would be better if it was slightly wider, but seeing as how we already have others like that, there isn't much use to it.

Magical Ape MS - The gyro is tons of fun and the AR is great for both compacts and endurance combos (smash isn't bad either, although there's better choices out there).

Round Shell MS - The grip was a nice bonus and is comfortable to use. I think that's the main reason people got it at the time. Then, we found out the RC did great vs same spin direction Bearing Core combos, easily beating them.
I haven't used the AR much, but I've heard about it doing well for wobblers, one in particular, using Bearing Core and Circle Wide (not sure here). The gimmick is also fun.

Aero Knight MS - carp uncustomized. I think the AR could serve a similar purpose as RSMS one, but I haven't tested this much either.
I'm not sure what it was, but there was something about the dual shooter, which made it better than previous ones, like it ran smoother or something.
I remember hearing about people loosing the plastic ring, having it fly out of the window, etc, upon launching it lol

Samurai Changer MS - Does pretty good uncustomized and can get to be the heaviest bey and a powerfull force in attack mode. I prefer using it fixed than have Battle Change Core's gimmick work and the modes changing between attack and endurance though.
Samurai Upper AR is like the best we have for upper attack combos right now, being slightly heavier than Circle Upper. Does nice for defense combos as well with the round shape and the increased weight.

Jiraiya MS - Brought us the best defensive RC of the HMS gen in BC2, which is a must for countering attackers in TBTS.
Jiraiya Blade AR isn't commonly used, but I find it great for smash attack on either direction. Also the heaviest along with Samurai Upper.

Slash Riger MS - Really cool looking, but carp uncustomized. The AR wasn't really that good, I mean, most combos you could use it on probably already had some other better fitting part for the job.
The CWD is carp on anything else other than Battle Change Core (needs to be fixed btw). It's powerfull there, but will also end up breaking easily.

Bloody Devil MS - The gimmick was interesting (I think it was, attack mode in right spin and endurance on left), but I never found this much useful with all the other parts we have.
The CWD is nice for spin stealing, but I dunno how it compares to the likes of Free Survivor, etc.
The AR is just a rehash of PFs and not really useful.

Shining God MS - The gimmick is basically the same and BDMS.
The CWD is the most usefull part here, being almost completely circle form, except for the 2 notches that are supposed to help spin stealing. I would have preferred if the 2 notches weren't present, then it'd really be great for deflecting hit. It's still my top choice for defense combos though.
The AR is another rehash (from DLMS), just a different ABS caul. Right spin smash is pretty good actually, just too bad the smash points weren't in metal (it gets dented easily).

I was wondering, were Dragoon MF and Dranzer MF considered part of the GS series, or just stand alone bey?
King of Darkness Wrote:Slash Riger MS - Really cool looking, but carp uncustomized. The AR wasn't really that good, I mean, most combos you could use it on probably already had some other better fitting part for the job.
The CWD is carp on anything else other than Battle Change Core (needs to be fixed btw). It's powerfull there, but will also end up breaking easily.

I've always found Slash Upper to be really useful with its upper and smash attack. I don't own phantom fox or dragoon mf. But i've always found this AR quite useful. Gets le job done.
Yea, Phantom Fox is the best GS blade. Although it gets annoying when one of them loses spin. I found that using the smallest weight disc on it is very powerful. It gave me the best results out of all the other WD and CWD's.

Magical Apes gimmick isnt that cool. I never liked it. However the parts are very useful. The attack ring is heavy and good for endurance or attack combo blades.
Pinoy Blader Wrote:Yea, Phantom Fox is the best GS blade. Although it gets annoying when one of them loses spin. I found that using the smallest weight disc on it is very powerful. It gave me the best results out of all the other WD and CWD's.

Magical Apes gimmick isnt that cool. I never liked it. However the parts are very useful. The attack ring is heavy and good for endurance or attack combo blades.

Next to Aeroknight and possibly Dark Leopard, I would say Phantom fox wasn't all that amazing to be considered best. Especially against Jiraiya and Samurai.
Ryuki Wrote:
Pinoy Blader Wrote:Yea, Phantom Fox is the best GS blade. Although it gets annoying when one of them loses spin. I found that using the smallest weight disc on it is very powerful. It gave me the best results out of all the other WD and CWD's.

Next to Aeroknight and possibly Dark Leopard, I would say Phantom fox wasn't all that amazing to be considered best. Especially against Jiraiya and Samurai.

Thats true I havent used those. But i meant as in the gimmick, i think its the best one.
Ryuki Wrote:
King of Darkness Wrote:Slash Riger MS - Really cool looking, but carp uncustomized. The AR wasn't really that good, I mean, most combos you could use it on probably already had some other better fitting part for the job.

I've always found Slash Upper to be really useful with its upper and smash attack. I don't own phantom fox or dragoon mf. But i've always found this AR quite useful. Gets le job done.

Agreed with Josh here (haha heyy we have the same first name lmfao).

Too bad you cannot use Upper Attack mode of Phantom Fox's CWD on a regular HMS combo.

If I get Aeroknight, I am very scared that upon launching the ring, it will fly onto my roof and I will never get it back.
Generally speaking, I never use them for their intended purposes except for Jiraiya.
Am I the only one who does not understand why Jiraiya MS would be a GS Beyblade? What is it's gimmick?
Kei Wrote:Am I the only one who does not understand why Jiraiya MS would be a GS Beyblade? What is it's gimmick?

Looking damned sexy.
Well, seeing as the planned more releases after it as GS bey they might as well have Jiraiya as a GS.
I think they consider bearing core 2 to be the gimmick however.
Defense and Endurance.
Round Shell MS: God, I love this. The gimmick is perhaps the greatest thing in the entire world, especially when launched down the stairs, across long stretches of floor or at unsuspecting pets.
As for its use in battle: As other people have pointed out, its running core, combined with Magical Ape or Samurai Changer's attack ring, makes for a really effective Wolborg MS killer in Tornado Balance. Turtle Crusher itself is perhaps pretty redundant as a smasher/defensive ring, but it's still pretty cool nonetheless. <3

Magical Ape MS: I remember being surprised at how small this beyblade is when I first got it. The attack ring has, I think, the smallest diameter out of all HMS attack rings and so makes for a really amazing compact combination. Its smash ability is ace too.
The gimmick is really fun too of course, although I never got it to spin on a pencil. 8( Plus, it's so noisy!

Samurai Changer: Quite a revolutionary beyblade. The ability to use TWO weight disks or customised weight disks opened a whole new door for the Beyblade community. You can make some killer combinations using Samurai Changer's base - Fixed Slash Riger CWD's for a deadly attacker or 2 Defence Rings for a heavy defencer - and Samurai Upper, its attack ring, provides a heavier alternative to Circle Upper, being 1 gram heavier.
I have the red version. It's hot as piss.

Slash Riger MS: The reason why I adore the look of this beyblade is exactly the reason why it's carp in battle: it's too ornate. Leaving aside the attack ring, which provides decent upper in right and smash in left, the CWD and RC and largely useless. The CWD is free spinning (a huge disappointment) rendering it pointless and debilitative in competitive play. The diameter of it is ridiculous which makes its performance even worse! The running core is exactly the same, too; with 3 free spinning spikes attached to the bottom, it normally ends up scraping and bashing into stadium walls and floors. Takara elevated the base to try and avoid this from happening too much but it didn't help - it being up high like that just makes the whole blade horribly unbalanced.
I don't care though. I have the secret blue version and I think it looks awesome. 8)