Gigant Gaia Discussion

Posted at the request of MonoDragon, these are a few tests of Gigant Gaia as a KO Defense Layer.

Equipment:
B-08 Burst Standard Stadium
Long Winder (for G2 and Valtyrek)
String Launcher (for V2)

Procedure:
G2 launched first every time
G2 straight shot in the center of the stadium at 90%ish power
V2KX and V.2C.A sliding shot
VHS straight shot at 100% power

Gigant Gaia Gravity Unite vs. Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Xtreme
G2GU: 15 wins (2 KO, 4 Burst, 9 OS)
V2KX: 5 wins (all KO)
Gigant Gaia win rate: 75%

Gigant Gaia Gravity Unite vs. Valtyrek 2Cross Accel
G2GU: 17 wins (2 KO, 12 Burst, 3 OS)
V.2C.A: 3 wins (1 KO, 2 OS)
1 tie (DBF) redone
Gigant Gaia win rate: 85%

Gigant Gaia Gravity Unite vs. Valtyrek Heavy Survive
G2GU: 14 wins (3 KO, 9 Burst, 2 OS)
VHS: 6 wins (1 KO, 3 Burst, 2 OS)
2 ties (DBF) redone
Gigant Gaia win rate: 70%

Gigant Gaia Down Yielding vs. Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Xtreme
G2DY: 12 wins (7 OS, 5 Burst)
V2KX: 8 wins (7 KO, 1 Burst)
3 ties (DBF) redone
G2DY win rate: 60%

Gigant Gaia Heavy Defense vs Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Xtreme
G2HD: 10 wins (5 OS, 5 Burst)
V2KX: 10 wins (8 KO, 2 Burst)
7 ties (6 DBF, 1 DKO) redone
G2HD win rate: 50%

From what I've seen, it's pretty unburstable even on Gravity Unite, and really difficult to KO even with a dedicated KO Attack setup. Its only drawback seems to be its poor Stamina, V.2C.A and VHS were able to outspin it multiple times, and V2KX came dangerously close a few times as well. It has a decent bit of Burst Attack as well - attackers tended to self-burst against it quite often (Valtyrek in particular, but this is likely because it has more rotational recoil than V2 thanks to its more burst-oriented design), and in this battle it has a chance of bursting Deathscyther as well.

What prompted me to try the Layer originally was Leo Burst's battles with it [1] [2] [3] [4], as well as JoJo's use of Gigant Gaia Gravity Bite during one of the LA tournaments.
can you test this set-up? G2.Q.D to compare with G2.G.U
(Jun. 12, 2017  9:01 PM)Wombat Wrote: Posted at the request of @[MonoDragon], these are a few tests of Gigant Gaia as a KO Defense Layer.

Equipment:
B-08 Burst Standard Stadium
Long Winder (for G2 and Valtyrek)
String Launcher (for V2)

Procedure:
G2 launched first every time
G2 straight shot in the center of the stadium at 90%ish power
V2KX and V.2C.A sliding shot
VHS straight shot at 100% power

Gigant Gaia Gravity Unite vs. Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Xtreme
G2GU: 15 wins (2 KO, 4 Burst, 9 OS)
V2KX: 5 wins (all KO)
Gigant Gaia win rate: 75%

Gigant Gaia Gravity Unite vs. Valtyrek 2Cross Accel
G2GU: 17 wins (2 KO, 12 Burst, 3 OS)
V.2C.A: 3 wins (1 KO, 2 OS)
1 tie (DBF) redone
Gigant Gaia win rate: 85%

Gigant Gaia Gravity Unite vs. Valtyrek Heavy Survive
G2GU: 14 wins (3 KO, 9 Burst, 2 OS)
VHS: 6 wins (1 KO, 3 Burst, 2 OS)
2 ties (DBF) redone
Gigant Gaia win rate: 70%

From what I've seen, it's pretty unburstable even on Gravity Unite, and really difficult to KO even with a dedicated KO Attack setup. Its only drawback seems to be its poor Stamina, V.2C.A and VHS were able to outspin it multiple times, and V2KX came dangerously close a few times as well. It has a decent bit of Burst Attack as well - attackers tended to self-burst against it quite often (Valtyrek in particular, but this is likely because it has more rotational recoil than V2 thanks to its more burst-oriented design), and in this battle it has a chance of bursting Deathscyther as well.

What prompted me to try the Layer originally was Leo Burst's battles with it [1] [2] [3] [4], as well as JoJo's use of Gigant Gaia Gravity Bite during one of the LA tournaments.

I know this is very off topic, but can you test M2? I know it is bad, but I want to see how it stacks up to Minoborus for a Wiki article I am writing.
(Jun. 12, 2017  9:16 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: I know this is very off topic, but can you test M2? I know it is bad, but I want to see how it stacks up to Minoborus for a Wiki article I am writing.

You could have PMed him.

BTW thanks for tests. Can you try it on Orbit? Against some Attack, Stamina (our Scythyys) and A2? Along eith it's defence on a Plastic Tip. I also wanna to see if it can OS or Burst thingd
Could someone test G2 on Defense?
Thanks for the tests, Wombat! G2 has is my favourite pure defense type, for sure.

I wouldn't use Unite (or Bite) on it because of how relatively poor its Stamina is, as you mentioned; you pigeonhole yourself far too much with a combo that is already highly specialized this way. I prefer Yielding because I feel like it helps to resist bursting even more (although arguably G2 is amazing enough at this already lol) with the lower friction plastic (I have no hard evidence for this). 1234beyblade, cadney, and I were testing G2KY this past weekend and it is able to resist both bursting and surprisingly KOs pretty well, while having enough Stamina to not have to worry about getting OSed by Attack types. I've always liked this combo–and even included it in my deck once–but have never found it to be viable for the first stage of events because of how highly specialized it is. If anywhere, I think it could be useful for Deck Format.

(Jun. 12, 2017  9:01 PM)Wombat Wrote: It has a decent bit of Burst Attack as well - attackers tended to self-burst against it quite often (Valtyrek in particular, but this is likely because it has more rotational recoil than V2 thanks to its more burst-oriented design), and in this battle it has a chance of bursting Deathscyther as well.

I can believe this because @[Angry Face] told me a while back that he was able to burst D2 with it (albeit inconsistently, like so many other Layers can).

Also just wanted to note that the Deathscyther Beyonomics is using in that video is quite old/worn.
(Jun. 12, 2017  9:16 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: I know this is very off topic, but can you test M2? I know it is bad, but I want to see how it stacks up to Minoborus for a Wiki article I am writing.

I don't have M2 sadly. I know @[Basedsamuraij] used it during one of the unranked London events (though I don't know if he went up against any G2 combos) so maybe he can comment on it?

(Jun. 12, 2017  9:12 PM)loyd87 Wrote: can you test this set-up? G2.Q.D to compare with  G2.G.U
(Jun. 12, 2017  11:26 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Could someone test G2 on Defense?

I didn't try Quarter because I doubt the imbalance would be of much use to the combo (you would probably need some other severely imbalanced parts to overcompensate for it or get lucky enough to have a perfect balance Quarter to make Quarter work, I think), but:

Gigant Gaia Heavy Defense vs Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Xtreme
G2HD: 10 wins (5 OS, 5 Burst)
V2KX: 10 wins (8 KO, 2 Burst)
7 ties (6 DBF, 1 DKO) redone
G2HD win rate: 50%

No clue why, but Heavy Defense bursted a lot more than Gravity Unite (though G2 also bursted V2 a lot more in this fight, which was to be expected). Tons of double bursts. G2 was also noticeably easier to knock around as well, most of the KOs were super clean.

(Jun. 13, 2017  1:40 AM)Kei Wrote: I wouldn't use Unite (or Bite) on it because of how relatively poor its Stamina is, as you mentioned; you pigeonhole yourself far too much with a combo that is already highly specialized this way. I prefer Yielding because I feel like it helps to resist bursting even more (although arguably G2 is amazing enough at this already lol) with the lower friction plastic (I have no hard evidence for this). 1234beyblade, cadney, and I were testing G2KY this past weekend and it is able to resist both bursting and surprisingly KOs pretty well, while having enough Stamina to not have to worry about getting OSed by Attack types. I've always liked this combo–and even included it in my deck once–but have never found it to be viable for the first stage of events because of how highly specialized it is. If anywhere, I think it could be useful for Deck Format.

Gigant Gaia Down Yielding vs. Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Xtreme
G2DY: 12 wins (7 OS, 5 Burst)
V2KX: 8 wins (7 KO, 1 Burst)
3 ties (DBF) redone
G2DY win rate: 60%

I only have one Knuckle, so I subbed in Down since it's performance is pretty similar (slightly more burst resistance, slightly less Stamina), though Spread could probably also work in this situation. This combo was REALLY difficult to burst, and also bursted V2 quite a bit (the only time V2 won by burst was when G2 was off balance and got caught on the Disk).

Even though Yielding will obviously outspin more things than Unite or Bite, I can definitely see situations where the rubber Drivers' ability to move more aggressively could come in handy against certain opponents (though this is probably easier with Bite, Unite's plastic tip tends to prevent you from Sliding Shooting it very consistently).
(Jun. 13, 2017  6:16 AM)Wombat Wrote: Even though Yielding will obviously outspin more things than Unite or Bite, I can definitely see situations where the rubber Drivers' ability to move more aggressively could come in handy against certain opponents (though this is probably easier with Bite, Unite's plastic tip tends to prevent you from Sliding Shooting it very consistently).

Thanks for testing it out!

For some reason G2KY was resisting getting KOed in our tests the other day more than it seemed to in the tests you conducted here, but they do seem in line with my original informal tests a few months ago. I mainly was testing the combo as a counter to the Accel/Zephyr based Attackers that were running rampant in Toronto at the time, so the extra Stamina of Yielding felt necessary. I could see something with more movement being usable; you'd just have to be careful with when you use it ... and I guess a lot of it depends on your local metagame (whether Xtreme vs. Accel/Zephyr is popular, etc) and who you opponent is and what you think they'll use.
you should try with quarter... I have really good results on quarter and have lil more burst resistance then heavy.
I realy like gigant gia's concept of inbalance.
can u try G2 on revolve something like G2 H/K/D/Y R.
Can someone try it on Xtreme? Who knows it might work as an attack better
(Jul. 22, 2017  3:30 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Can someone try it on Xtreme? Who knows it might work as an attack better

yea someone should do it cause even if it fails as an attack type i think it will be good for anti attack altho that wont mean much cuz it already has good defense so i doubt people will use it on a anti attack setup but i have high hopes for it as a D2 killer maybe those small protrusions can burst D2,.someone should   test it aginst D2 maybe it could burst it like many other layers but more consistently.