General purpose survival type.

Just something for you guys to consider.

Turtle Survivor
Wide Survivor
Auto-change base, set to sharp mode

This is a very interesting customization to use. I've used it for some time, albeit rather infrequently since I generally don't like this kind of survival types; seeing the renewed interest in Turtle Survivor reminded me of this. The purpose of this is simple survival without spin stealing. Play around with it and see what results you can get, or modifications.
I don't have ACB's base, but how does Turtle Survivor do in terms of recoil when paired with Wide Survivor? It's an AR that I've barely touched, since although it's very thin and suited for endurance, the tips of the wings tend to recoil like heck on contact for me and I have to use 10-Wide because I don't own WS, which doesn't help, so I usually stick with the safer options like Tiger Defenser, Wing Cross, War Lion, etc.
Actually, Wing Cross doesn't seem like a bad option here either, since you can only go right spin anyways.
It gets kicked around a LOT. This beyblade is one of the lightest combinations possible. That gives it some advantages, but also some very major disadvantages. This topic is mainly to get opinions. Not just this AR, but this base, is very interesting to use.
I'd like to try this out with a Takara ACB BB, but I can't since I don't have it. I'll try it out with the Hasbro version and get back to you.
This reminds me of a combo I saw on Hindi and IMO I like Metal Sting for pure survival more, but then that would just be Master Dranzer/Metal Draciel with a different WD.
It would, but maybe a Wide Survivor can do the same thing for Master Dranzer/Metal Draciel that the 10 Balance did for Bistool

Probably not as drastically, but yeah...
I've always liked Auto Change Base, though its never really discussed at all. I'll probably try this one out later.
Maybe even with a heavier weight disk it'd still have good survival.
(Aug. 29, 2008  4:27 PM)G Wrote: I'd like to try this out with a Takara ACB BB, but I can't since I don't have it. I'll try it out with the Hasbro version and get back to you.

Hmm is there a difference between Hasbro and Takara ACB?

(Aug. 30, 2008  4:00 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Maybe even with a heavier weight disk it'd still have good survival.

I'm pretty sure it's more of a "definitely" than a "maybe". But, we already have very useful heavier survival customs. The purpose of this is to bring it as light as possible.
(Aug. 30, 2008  3:38 PM)Nic Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2008  4:27 PM)G Wrote: I'd like to try this out with a Takara ACB BB, but I can't since I don't have it. I'll try it out with the Hasbro version and get back to you.

Hmm is there a difference between Hasbro and Takara ACB?

Ya alot of differences. First the AR doesnt have the reinforcemnets of the wings. And then the BB has a sharper tip and doesnt have those wing things on it. Also i think the thing that the tip comes out of on the base is a differnt shape or size.