Genbull Discussion

I can't believe this hasn't been made yet, but since it has gotten recent tournament attention I figured it was time. Genbull has truly surprised me.

Conditions (Click to View)

Attack Tests (Click to View)

Stamina Tests (Click to View)

Defense Tests (Click to View)

Benchmarks (Click to View)
I can't believe this thread hasn't been made until now too, hah. I didn't really expect much out of Genbull. Could you try doing Defence tests with E230, and Stamina tests with WD, EWD, or BWD? I also really like your tests!

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, can you also try it with Dragooon if you have it?
I think the reason it did better then Revizer was because it has better weight distribution. Nevertheless, could you try MSF-H Genbull/Revizer Genbull SA165W2D? Stormscorpio1 almost won Colosseum with it singlehandedly. It shut down quite a few Dragooons, and I want to see how it does against other things. Other then that keep up the good work!
hey, what about Orojya Genbull F230BWD, I couldn't test it myself because i don't have genbull yet, trying to order it now

Or F230 is too risky for the job?
Thank you for making this! I can't believe it never was made. All I can say is that I might need to get two Shinobi Genbull's for the Chrome Wheels now!
(Feb. 09, 2013  2:53 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: hey, what about Orojya Genbull F230BWD, I couldn't test it myself because i don't have genbull yet, trying to order it now

Or F230 is too risky for the job?

F230 is better used in Zero G.

Revizer Genbull is a unique setup. It has decent stamina, its anti-spin steal, & has good defense. Its round shape gives attack almost nothing to grab onto.
I Will Get To All Requests As Fast As I Can. I'm On My Phone And It Is Not Treating Me Well Right Now.
I'm surprised that this still wasn't made until now. Great job. It looks like Defense is the only place Genbull can thrive in.
(Feb. 09, 2013  3:53 AM)PikaBlader15 Wrote: I'm surprised that this still wasn't made until now. Great job. It looks like Defense is the only place Genbull can thrive in.

You Apparently Didn't Read Everything....This Is The Only Synchrom So Far That Can Hold Its Own Against TOp Tier Stamina.
I probably missed that Tongue_out That makes me want to get Genbull even more!
Genbull Genbull SR200TB vs. Duo Aquario 230D
Duo launched first on even launches, Genbull launched first on odd.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Genbull: 11 (11 OS, 0 KO)
Duo: 9 (9 OS, 0 KO)
Genbull Win %: 55.0%

This is pretty much a dead even match up cause which ever one was launched second usually won. Around round 16 I realized if you slightly banked Genbull SR200TB that there was a good chance it would knock Duo a little off balance and give it a better chance to win even if it wasn't launched second. That's why it won round 17, and if I had done that from the start Genbull would have probably had a higher win %.

I love TB for stamina! It is very forgiving if you don't launch straight. With the D series tips, if you don't launch straight enough then you take a chance on them spinning on their slopes, losing some starting stamina before the combo straightens itself. Since TB is a ball you don't have to worry so much about that.

When I get time I'll tests with this combo vs other Duo setups and Phantom.
Great tests! Any chance of having two people test it, though?
Then It Would Come Down To Who HasThe Stronger/Faster Launch Since They Are So Even. That Would Almost Be Less Accurate Unless I Could Find Someone Who Launches The Exact Same As Me.

And Thank You Btw!
(Feb. 09, 2013  7:00 PM)KainHighwind Wrote: Then It Would Come Down To Who HasThe Stronger/Faster Launch Since They Are So Even. That Would Almost Be Less Accurate Unless I Could Find Someone Who Launches The Exact Same As Me.

And Thank You Btw!

True and the best test results would come from tournament results.
So... in stamina Genbull is the next Duo? LOL
In a way, yes. It has the circular shape and the weight distribution of Duo, yet it can be combined to triple (?) Duo's weight.

But Duo is still better for stamina in a mirror matchup.
(Feb. 10, 2013  4:57 PM)Kujikato Wrote: In a way, yes. It has the circular shape and the weight distribution of Duo, yet it can be combined to triple (?) Duo's weight.

But Duo is still better for stamina in a mirror matchup.

In bb-10 it would depend on launch strength. In zero g, Genbull wins.
This is a pure BB-10 Discussion...

In 0G, the winner would most likely be Genbull, only because of weight.
BB-10 is only reliant on the wear, the angle of impact, launch strength, wear on the metal wheel, syncrhom, and other factors. Plus, OP testing shows that in a mirror match, Duo wins. But well, we need more testing before making final conclusions.
(Feb. 11, 2013  8:50 AM)Kujikato Wrote: Plus, OP testing shows that in a mirror match, Duo wins. But well, we need more testing before making final conclusions.

I would not go so far as to say in all mirror matches Duo would win. The only reason it did when they were both on 230, is because when both would start wobbling at the end, and Duo would get under Genbull and cause it to destabilize and fall faster. This is of course because Duo sits lower on a track than Genbull. The lower the tracks, the less Duo being able to do this will matter, because it is harder to destabilize at lower heights. (i.e. a mirror match with 160 and lower will probably even things back up). This still of course needs to be formally tested, but that has been my experience with the informal tests I have done.

Edit:

Genbull Genbull W145WD vs. Duo Aquario W145WD
Duo launched first on even launches,
Genbull launched first on odd.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Genbull: 6 (6 OS, 0 KO)
Duo: 14 (14 OS, 0 KO)
Genbull Win %: 30.0%

Looking at the Detail Results, this tells me that there is a slight difference in my WDs, because after they were swapped, Genbull started winning when it was launched second. However, that still reinforces that these two are almost dead even.

Duo does still have the slight advantage when they are at the same height because it can get under Genbull, it just didn't matter as much at this height. and Duo is not really destabilizing when it gets under Genbull, it is making contact that is causing a decent amount of rotational recoil with Genbull, draining a good bit of spin when it hits just right.

My suggestion would be to use odd heights with Genbull to in sure Duo cannot do this. For example, if Duo 230D is used more in your meta, then go for SR200, if Duo W145WD is used more then maybe go with S130. Next, I will see how things play out if Genbull is high enough above Duo that Duo cannot get that good contact.
I actually got some tests for Revizer Genbull SA165 W2D

Revizer Genbull SA165 W2D vs Killerken Dragooon BD145 MF
Details
Genbull: 10 (10 OS)
Dragooon: 0
Genbull win percentage 100%
I stopped the tests for 2 reasons
1. It was obvious who the winner was
2. During the 11th battle the MF tip flew off Dragooon and I'm trying to find it.

btw all credit (I mean all) go to stormscorpio1
(Feb. 12, 2013  2:29 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I actually got some tests for Revizer Genbull SA165 W2D

Details
2. During the 11th battle the MF tip flew off Dragooon and I'm trying to find it.

This comes as little surprise considering Stormscorpio1 came up with this combo primarily to counter the various Dragoon combos that were being spammed at tournaments. But, it is very effective as a stamina with good defense bey against most tournament beyblades.
(Feb. 12, 2013  2:29 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I actually got some tests for Revizer Genbull SA165 W2D

Details

That's the exact battle I had with Stormscorpio1. Could you try it against Killerken Dragooon SA165EWD? Or do you only have one SA165?
It is great that you did these tests, but everyone needs to realize that means it can beat one particular combo (which isn't even top tier btw). These results don't surprise me cause Revizer Genbull can take hits, and DragooonBD145MF does not have enough LAD so it's not hard to OS. I just don't see that there are many top tier combos this can beat, if any.

Details

btw all credit (I mean all) go to stormscorpio1

For the Revizer Genbull combo, I was wondering if W2D can be substituted with WD.
Can someone try Reviser Genbull SA165 W2D vs ______ Dragooon DF105LRF? Or possibly even BD145RDF?