[Takara Tomy]  Geist Fafnir Testing Thread

(Oct. 06, 2018  4:08 PM)Battleburst Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2018  3:30 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: Perfect. Now, put it against Hell Salamander on Bearing, please. Plus, what are alternatives for Hold? Since it's impossible for me to find it now, does Destroy works well too?

Ds is better than hold

So Destroy will perform better in this case? Did Kevo uploaded it in Youtube? His last video was the unboxing. And any other alternatives for Lift?
(Oct. 07, 2018  5:20 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2018  4:08 PM)Battleburst Wrote: Ds is better than hold

So Destroy will perform better in this case? Did Kevo uploaded it in Youtube? His last video was the unboxing. And any other alternatives for Lift?

All these tests were done off camera. If I get the time I'll start posting test videos.
(Oct. 08, 2018  2:34 AM)Kevo Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2018  5:20 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: So Destroy will perform better in this case? Did Kevo uploaded it in Youtube? His last video was the unboxing. And any other alternatives for Lift?

All these tests were done off camera. If I get the time I'll start posting test videos.

Thanks, can you include some alternatives too in that video, plus wear the Champion hoodie, it looks cool.
(Oct. 08, 2018  9:58 AM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2018  2:34 AM)Kevo Wrote: All these tests were done off camera. If I get the time I'll start posting test videos.

Thanks, can you include some alternatives too in that video, plus wear the Champion hoodie, it looks cool.

I can do a hS bearing test. Just give me the combo and the gF combo an I can do it
(Oct. 08, 2018  3:52 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2018  9:58 AM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: Thanks, can you include some alternatives too in that video, plus wear the Champion hoodie, it looks cool.

I can do a hS bearing test. Just give me the combo and the gF combo an I can do it

Do Geist Fafnir 0 Bump Destroy vs Hell Salamander 0 Bump Bearing
(Oct. 09, 2018  6:43 AM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2018  3:52 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I can do a hS bearing test. Just give me the combo and the gF combo an I can do it

Do Geist Fafnir 0 Bump Destroy vs Hell Salamander 0 Bump Bearing

I only have one 0 and 1 bump
try gF 7p at aginst your strongest rP combo
(Oct. 11, 2018  6:23 PM)galaxyvirgo8580 Wrote: try gF 7p at aginst your strongest rP combo

I do not have rP or proof
Did you my test that it was the deep Caynox c3 0 destroy vs gF 8' atomic.
(Oct. 11, 2018  6:28 PM)Jman jman Wrote: Did you my test that it was the deep Caynox c3 0 destroy vs gF 8' atomic.

I think I can do that today
Hi,

sorry to tag in but i truly think that even though Fafnir layer is attack oriented its the soft launch that actually the more useful and even with the Absorb driver. I know we speak now about destroy but the main argument is how to control the driver. Absorb and Destroy both can go out of control and i must give the credit to the launching skills instead of the weight etc... knowing how to launch the bey with the specific driver is essential.
The weight is neglectble. There are only few grams difference and the shape is more important for the disk.

So if you hard launch absorb or destroy with the wrong angle than it ends with wall bounce or ring out... that a fact. So correct angle and launch strength is crucial.
Also why change this awesome stock combo with destroy or a heavy disk. I just like the whole theme that revolves around impact absorption and negation.
In regarding of the shape of the layer... if you notice the metal on the layer is not placed to actually be offensive. All the layers that are offensive have the metal on the parts which actually do the attack. Valkyrie has metal on the blades, HS has the metal on the blades, ZAchilles has the metal on the blades etc.

GF has metal on the inner side of the layer so its more stamina oriented still.
Geist Fafnir 8’ Atomic Vs Deep Chaos 0 Destroy. I did ten rounds

Results:

Geist Fafnir: 20%

Deep Chaos: 80%

That made no sense, how Deep Chaos beat Geist Fafnir
(Oct. 11, 2018  10:29 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Geist Fafnir 8’ Atomic Vs Deep Chaos 0 Destroy. I did ten rounds

Results:

It beat it using it destabilizing attacks and thanks for the test and I have another test if you want to do it is gF 8 nothing  vs fafnir 8' absorb.
(Oct. 11, 2018  11:26 PM)Jman jman Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2018  10:29 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Geist Fafnir 8’ Atomic Vs Deep Chaos 0 Destroy. I did ten rounds

Results:

It beat it using it destabilizing attacks and thanks for the test and I have another test if you want to do it is gF 8 nothing  vs fafnir 8' absorb.

If I had nothing I could do it
(Oct. 12, 2018  1:08 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2018  11:26 PM)Jman jman Wrote: It beat it using it destabilizing attacks and thanks for the test and I have another test if you want to do it is gF 8 nothing  vs fafnir 8' absorb.

If I had nothing I could do it
Okay can you do this gF 10 reboot vs bx or x3 1 or 1' destroy.
(Oct. 12, 2018  1:23 AM)Jman jman Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2018  1:08 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: If I had nothing I could do it
Okay can you do this gF 10 reboot vs bx or x3 1 or 1' destroy.

Let me list the parts I do not have from super z

1’
bX
vL
cR
Reach
rP
Friction
Lift
eF
Yard
oE
Xtend
I think that is it
(Oct. 12, 2018  1:27 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2018  1:23 AM)Jman jman Wrote: Okay can you do this gF 10 reboot vs bx or x3 1 or 1' destroy.

Let me list the parts I do not have from super z

1’
bX
vL
cR
Reach
rP
Friction
Lift
eF
Yard
oE
Xtend
I think that is it

Thanks this was helpful. Anyway can you do gF 7 bump destroy vs spryzen requiem 0 absorb. Thanks if you can.
(Oct. 12, 2018  1:34 AM)Jman jman Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2018  1:27 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Let me list the parts I do not have from super z

1’
bX
vL
cR
Reach
rP
Friction
Lift
eF
Yard
oE
Xtend
I think that is it

Thanks this was helpful. Anyway can you do gF 7 bump destroy vs spryzen requiem 0 absorb. Thanks if you can.

Absorb is not compatible with spryzen requiem and I also do not have the TT version
(Oct. 12, 2018  3:53 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2018  1:34 AM)Jman jman Wrote: Thanks this was helpful. Anyway can you do gF 7 bump destroy vs spryzen requiem 0 absorb. Thanks if you can.

Absorb is not compatible with spryzen requiem and I also do not have the TT version
What about Wv?
Which one is better z Achilles or bloody lougniues
(Oct. 12, 2018  4:00 AM)abidjkhan7 Wrote: Which one is better z Achilles or bloody lougniues

Seems Blood Longinus has more use competitively. Although it is only good for same-spin matchups. I'd still recommend it over zA because of Jl
(Oct. 12, 2018  3:56 AM)Jman jman Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2018  3:53 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Absorb is not compatible with spryzen requiem and I also do not have the TT version
What about Wv?

I can do that
(Oct. 12, 2018  4:15 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2018  3:56 AM)Jman jman Wrote: What about Wv?

I can do that

Thanks.
BuilderROB could you like put your collection so we can actually request for tests

Put it in a spoiler or sum
Anyone want me to test a combo just keep in mind I do not have deep chaos or sieg xcalibur
I do have bx, hk, rp, ah, hs ,za, gf ,vl,ef, bl.
I do have atomic and bearing. Don't have xtreme