Forget About F230 Tournament Report

Hello everyone! Here's a little report as to how Forget About F230 went.

Even though the start time was 11:00, JesseObre, 1234beyblade and I were at our location around an hour earlier. Jesse was there basketball training while 1234beyblade and I were playing around with Beyblade Burst and Zero-G combos which was really fun. Eventually, other attendees who came early started to join us.

It was a little after 11:00 when everyone had came, except Hato who had problems finding the park. He came at around 11:45 and started playing at around 12:00. I actually asked-as odd it was-BAWB18's dad if he'd mind playing, so we can do blocks rather than a full round-robin to get the tournament done faster. Luckily, he was fine with it.

Block A consisted of LMAO, JesseObre, Pyrus10000, Wally.web, BAWB18 and I and Block B had 1234beyblade, Kei, Hato, Suntailhawk, Rocketeer (BAWB18's dad) and Blasterjoker1. We took to people from each block to play in the finals. Those players were JesseObre with 4-1, 1234beyblade with 5-0, Kei with 3-2 and me with 4-1. Coincidentially, though, these were all the same finalists we had at LMAO's Birthday Beynanza Part 2!

The finals didn't take long (Blasterjoker1 DJ'ed those matches like a boss) really. 1234beyblade and I landed up with a score of 2-1 to play in a tie breaker match for 1st and 2nd and Kei and JesseObre landed up with a score of 1-2 to play for 3rd and 4th. It was, however, JesseObre and I becoming victorious.

After, Jesse, LMAO, 1234beyblade Pyrus10000 and I got a bite to eat and then walked over to Pyrus's place to check out the WBO, watch some Youtube videos and play some Smash (which I sucked at personally, haha).

So with that, it was definitely a fun tournament! Interesting use of combos and a surprising win for me!

Here's the results spreadsheet if any of you would like to check it out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
How about the banned F230 CF/GCF aspect of the tournament? Did you find the event more or less enjoyable than a typical Zero-G tournament, or was it no different?
Well as being one of the biggest F230 spammers in the WBO, Zero-G wasn't the same for me. It felt as if I didn't have a go to combination, and I hated that feeling. All the other same combinations were used by everyone like they would before the ban, but without F230. Don't think it made a whole difference to other combinations used, but a lot of Bearing Drive was used since there was no F230.

However, the tournament itself was really fun! Nice report Daniel!
(Jul. 15, 2015  8:10 PM)LMAO Wrote: All the other same combinations were used by everyone like they would before the ban, but without F230. Don't think it made a whole difference to other combinations used, but a lot of Bearing Drive was used since there was no F230.

There was the standard combinations that you might expect, but there was a lot of interesting stuff too!: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning-...pid1270683
(Jul. 15, 2015  8:14 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2015  8:10 PM)LMAO Wrote: All the other same combinations were used by everyone like they would before the ban, but without F230. Don't think it made a whole difference to other combinations used, but a lot of Bearing Drive was used since there was no F230.

There was the standard combinations that you might expect, but there was a lot of interesting stuff too!: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning-...pid1270683

Yeah you're right, like the HF/S combos or the Phantom combos, it was more unpredictable without F230, I can say that definitely. You would never really know what someone would be using, which was both stressful and refreshing because everything was easier to predict with F230 around.
But things would probably go back to being very predictable once the region, Toronto in this case, will have held two or three events with this format.
Out of curiosity how big we're sway attackers at your event? I know at our event a little more than a month ago in North Carolina had many Sway Attackers without F230 being around so I was just questioning if they had any impact at this event.
There quite a few of them I can recall, yeah.

Also, I used my Phantom E230TB combo against Kei. 1234beyblade had mentioned it to me, and at that point, I didn't really care if I were to win or lose. Luckily, it was able to withstand sway from his Wyvang Wyvang SA165GCF. Maybe not something I plan on using again as I did only win 3-2, but it is definitely interesting.
Oh cool. I honestly feel like if you are going to resist attack you have to use MSF-H Syncrhome, nothing else works that good against the heavier sway attackers.

Glad the event went well by the way. Did people enjoy it more than last Zero G Events where F230 was legal? Sorry for all the questions I'm just really interested in how your event shaped up.
(Jul. 15, 2015  11:47 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Oh cool. I honestly feel like if you are going to resist attack you have to use MSF-H Syncrhome, nothing else works that good against the heavier sway attackers.

Glad the event went well by the way. Did people enjoy it more than last Zero G Events where F230 was legal? Sorry for all the questions I'm just really interested in how your event shaped up.

Well unless it's a Wyvang Wyvang sway attacker where nothing can really resist sway other than an even heavier Wyvang combination. Ugh I hate Zero-G sway Speechless

I personally really liked tournaments with F230, because it was more predictable, but as Kai-V mentioned, I'll probably get used to it after a few more tournaments.
(Jul. 15, 2015  11:53 PM)LMAO Wrote: I personally really liked tournaments with F230, because it was more predictable, but as Kai-V mentioned, I'll probably get used to it after a few more tournaments.
But honestly, that just reaffirms that F230 CF/GCF is a niche set-up, since you can take it for granted that you'll win most of the time. I don't think unpredictability is a bad thing, especially because it really isn't unpredictable, just more complex. You just need more experience with a wider range of combinations and, as Kai-V said, it'll become more familiar over time.
Right, the fact that you felt completely devastated by not having it seems like a strong case for a ban. :')
I agree with Bey Brad. if you felt destabilized without F230CF/GCF because its a sure choice, then it 'S should be banned because de metagam turn around it too much.
But it takes time to get used to a new metagame and find your "comfort custom" again ... It is not because there is no F230CF/GCF that there is no more "go-to" combination. At least, it is not fair to judge on only one tournament in a row. We should almost give each region a full year to get its footing back, in my opinion.

All in all, changes are "good" because they stimulate, but the dust settles back on the floor eventually.
Maybe, but then you can try to change it in new ways. Ultimately, with no new Beyblades coming out in MFB, it's up to the players to find ways to keep the game fresh.

Either way, obviously a lot more research would go into such a decision than just one person's testimony :')
You guys are right, I shouldn't be so dependent on a customization so much anyways. Time to spam Bearing Drive like the good ol' days.

Question, let's say all regions decided that without F230 the Zero-G meta isn't as good (Highly doubt this will happen especially with NC's hatred towards F230) would a unban take place?
(Jul. 15, 2015  10:06 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Also, I used my Phantom E230TB combo against Kei. 1234beyblade had mentioned it to me, and at that point, I didn't really care if I were to win or lose. Luckily, it was able to withstand sway from his Wyvang Wyvang SA165GCF. Maybe not something I plan on using again as I did only win 3-2, but it is definitely interesting.

Important correction here: I was using Wyvang Dragooon SA165GCF, so it was much more difficult for me to win as a Sway Attacker–even though you were using something relatively light with Phantom–because we were in opposite spin directions.

(Jul. 16, 2015  5:00 AM)LMAO Wrote: Question, let's say all regions decided that without F230 the Zero-G meta isn't as good (Highly doubt this will happen especially with NC's hatred towards F230) would a unban take place?

No ban is ever necessarily permanent.
(Jul. 16, 2015  5:00 AM)LMAO Wrote: You guys are right, I shouldn't be so dependent on a customization so much anyways. Time to spam Bearing Drive like the good ol' days.

Question, let's say all regions decided that without F230 the Zero-G meta isn't as good (Highly doubt this will happen especially with NC's hatred towards F230) would a unban take place?

Just to add my two cents, I feel like just because one uses the part as a go-to custom doesn't mean anything is necessarily bad. Honestly, let's hypothetically say BGrin were to be banned. That'd impact me more since my go-to custom usually features that, so I'd need to find something new. It'd take a little bit of time, but obviously something different would be my go-to choice.

That being sad, much like Kai-V stated, after a few events the "dust would settle" and the excitement of new customs wouldn't be too exciting after new go-to customs were established.
The key here is that whatever the new "go-to" customs are after the "dust settles" probably won't be as dynamic and powerful as F230CF/GCF was.
Just to pop in here real quick, I'd say a meta void of "go-to" combinations is probably a good thing. Makes things more diverse, more complex, and a heck of a lot more fun, especially for those who never had the parts necessary for the "go-to" custom in the first place.

Zero-G Attack can be solidly beaten by basically any competitive setup using MB, RS or RSF, or basically any opposite-spin Stamina setup. It's really not that hard. The speculation that Bearing Drive will become utterly dominant is unsubstantial; it's extremely vulnerable to ZRG Attack and can be out-spun by basically any HTSC setup, including Duo 230MB and Girago E230MB, both very competitive customs in Zero-G.

Honestly, I kind of feel like not many players actually know all that much about customization in Zero-G; seems to me like we've been so reliant on F230 for so long, we've forgotten how to play the game without it. Absolutely no offense intended to anybody, but it's interesting that we all still seem to assume that B:D is going to be a juggernaut even though we've known how to counter it solidly in both spin directions for like 2 years.

Also, weight is really not such a big deal in ZRG. The only time it's really critical is ZRG Attack vs. ZRG Attack, or in matches between Stamina customs with volatile Bottoms, IE Duo SA165EWD vs. Genbull Genbull SA165EWD, where you're essentially stuck with a Track/Bottom mirror match and it ultimately comes down to which custom is heavier.

TBH, Bottom selection in Zero-G is infinitely more important in determining the winner of a match ending in a ZRGKO than weight. Counter Scorpio E230MB is, competitively speaking, an absolute piece of garbage, but there isn't a single combination on the competitive list that can ZRGKO it (I've actually done the testing for that).

Anywho, glad to here it went well; the winning combinations look really interesting (those HF/S combos; what was that about?).
personaly I didn't have to much difficulty against B: D in zero-g. In general i sway it consistently. I most used the same spin direction then the other player.
So it looks like it went good, but overall. What did you guys think? Should F230 be banned permanently or not? That's the big question here.