Forge Disk - Down

Quote:Down is a Forge Disk released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-56 Booster Unlock Unicorn Down Needle on August 6th, 2016.

==Description==
Down features a dropping shape akin to Armed and Vertical with thin bands that connect the interior of the Disk with the weighted nubs along the bottom portion. Like all other Forge Disks, it features two tabs with stylized 'D's that protrude from the top to fit into the slots of an Energy Layer.

Down's design is meant to lower the center of gravity on a Beyblade, doing so increases a Beyblade's stability and reduces the risk of floor scrapes. In addition, the wide shape of Down focuses much of its weight around the perimeter, giving this Disk excellent stamina properties and giving attack combos greater aggressive movements with its Flywheel Effect.

However, Down has two features that give both advantages and disadvantages:
The first is weight, Down's average weight means that its Knock-Out defense is sub-par compared to more popular choices such as Heavy or Gravity, but at the same time gives more Burst defense than the aforementioned Disks.
The second is height and shape, while excellent for stability and stamina, the weighted nubs create a rough perimeter and the low positioning makes it easy for said nubs to contact the stadium floor late in battle when spin velocity is low, rendering any Life-After-Death null. But at the same time, at high spin velocities the low shape of Down can provide Knock-Out defense by contacting the stadium floor if paired with Performance Tips such as Claw and the low center of gravity would then quickly bring the Beyblade back upright.

==Overall==
While Spread's shape may give Life-After-Death, Down offers greater stability and comparable stamina mid battle. While Heavy or Gravity offer greater Knock-Out resistance throughout a whole battle without the penalty of stamina, Down offers greater Burst resistance and comparable aggressive movements in attack combinations. Due to Down's Jack-of-All-Trades nature, it is a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-56 Unlock Unicorn Down Needle
  • B-65 Kaiser Kerbeus Down Orbit (Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Ver.) (blue painted)
  • B-67 Xeno Xcalibur Down Orbit (Random Booster Vol. 5)
==Hasbro==
  • B____ Doomscizor D2 & Unicrest U2 Dual Pack
Weight: 20.5 grams

I am sure people are gonna disagree with me on the Overall section, tell me what you think.
From what I've tested, Down is tied with Armed for the hardest Disk to burst in the game, but least one of the factors that keeps Armed from seeing widespread use (aside from the fact that I was the main proponent for it) was its poor Stamina. Down has more Stamina than Armed but less than Knuckle, so I'm not sure if that makes it top-tier or a must-buy part. It's a welcome addition/decent alternative at least.

Also I don't think that KO Defense should even be considered as a redeeming factor when talking about a part's tendency to floor scrape - at least from what I've observed, scraping mostly happens after some off-hand hit knocks the Beyblade off balance and very rarely saves you from a KO hit. Even if it does happen, you're usually doomed to lose by OS immediately afterward, so in reality it's a lot more of a liability than a benefit (otherwise BD145 + short tip would have seen a lot more use in MFB).
(May. 13, 2017  6:46 AM)Wombat Wrote: From what I've tested, Down is tied with Armed for the hardest Disk to burst in the game, but least one of the factors that keeps Armed from seeing widespread use (aside from the fact that I was the main proponent for it) was its poor Stamina. Down has more Stamina than Armed but less than Knuckle, so I'm not sure if that makes it top-tier or a must-buy part.  It's a welcome addition/decent alternative at least.

Also I don't think that KO Defense should even be considered as a redeeming factor when talking about a part's tendency to floor scrape - at least from what I've observed, scraping mostly happens after some off-hand hit knocks the Beyblade off balance and very rarely saves you from a KO hit. Even if it does happen, you're usually doomed to lose by OS immediately afterward, so in reality it's a lot more of a liability than a benefit (otherwise  BD145 + short tip would have seen a lot more use in MFB).

Quote:Down is a Forge Disk released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-56 Booster Unlock Unicorn Down Needle on August 6th, 2016.

==Description==
Down features a dropping shape akin to Armed and Vertical with thin bands that connect the interior of the Disk with the weighted nubs along the bottom portion. Like all other Forge Disks, it features two tabs with stylized 'D's that protrude from the top to fit into the slots of an Energy Layer.

Down has two features that give both advantages and disadvantages:
The first is height and shape, while excellent for stability and stamina, the weighted nubs create a rough perimeter and the low positioning makes it easy for said nubs to contact the stadium floor late in battle when spin velocity is low, rendering any Life-After-Death null. But at the same time Down's design is meant to lower the center of gravity on a Beyblade, doing so increases a Beyblade's stability and reduces the risk of floor scrapes. In addition, the wide shape of Down focuses much of its weight around the perimeter, giving this Disk decent stamina properties and high Burst resistance equal to that of Armed.
The second is weight, Down's average weight means that its Knock-Out defense is sub-par compared to more popular choices such as Heavy or Gravity, but at the same time gives more Burst defense than the aforementioned Disks.

==Overall==
While Spread's shape may give Life-After-Death, Down offers greater stability mid battle. While Heavy or Gravity offer greater Knock-Out resistance, Down offers greater Burst resistance and comparable aggressive movements in attack combinations. Due to Down's Jack-of-All-Trades nature, it is a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-65 Kaiser Kerbeus Down Orbit (Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Ver.) (blue painted)
==Hasbro==

How's this?
suggest a combo rest looks good
Bump, I really think this can be published but I have to get official confirmation
(Jun. 17, 2017  7:53 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Bump, I really think this can be published but I have to get official confirmation

suggest a combo rest is good.how about K2/W/N D R/O/D for defense(since down has amazing burst defense it might be useful for these combos.) and D/D2 D Y(again the burst resistance of down further increasing the burst defense of this setup) for burst defense and N D U/bite and G2 D U for ko defense( since ko attacker usually have high risks of bursting down can help solve that problem). V D Y/R(this combo using down to prevent self bursts) for burst attck and Something like M D X for attack?
I agree with Wombat.
(May. 11, 2017  9:54 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Down is a Forge Disk released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-56 Booster Unlock Unicorn Down Needle on August 6th, 2016.

==Description==

Down's design is meant to lower the center of gravity on a Beyblade, doing so increases a Beyblade's stability and reduces the risk of floor scrapes. In addition, the wide shape of Down focuses much of its weight around the perimeter, giving this Disk excellent stamina properties and giving attack combos greater aggressive movements with its Flywheel Effect.

However, Down has two features that give both advantages and disadvantages:
The first is weight, Down's average weight means that its Knock-Out defense is sub-par compared to more popular choices such as Heavy or Gravity, but at the same time gives more Burst defense than the aforementioned Disks.
The second is height and shape, while excellent for stability and stamina, the weighted nubs create a rough perimeter and the low positioning makes it easy for said nubs to contact the stadium floor late in battle when spin velocity is low, rendering any Life-After-Death null. However, the low center of gravity helps resist listing and destabilization to prevent such contact.

==Overall==
While Spread's shape may give Life-After-Death, Down offers greater stability and comparable stamina mid battle. While Heavy or Gravity offer greater Knock-Out resistance throughout a whole battle without the penalty of stamina, Down offers greater Burst resistance and comparable aggressive movements in attack combinations. However, with the release of the Switch-Strike/God Layer Core Discs, Down is no longer viable in the current metagame.

As such, Down is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==