Energy Layer: Zillion Zeus/Zeutron Z2

Quote:Zeutron Z2, known in Japan as Zillion Zeus, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Dual Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-59 Starter Zillion Zeus Infinity Weight on September 17th, 2016.

==Description==
Zillion Zeus is a Stamina Type Layer that bears a slight elliptical shape, two "Z"s on either side and two faces meant to embody its name sake, the Greek god Zeus.

The main gimmick of this layer are the two metal balls on either side of it, akin to the GB145 Spin Track of Metal Fight Beyblade. When spinning the centripetal force would move the balls farther towards the edge of the Layer, increasing its Outward Weight Distribution and Flywheel Effect. However, the weight of and the distance traveled by the metal balls is too small to cause any noticeable increase in spin time.

The six blades of the layer are placed symmetrically, four of which are sloped, this means that half of the time the pointed edge makes contact and the other half, the back edges make contact. However, the elliptical shape of the layer and the shape of the blades creates recoil, causing stamina loss and losses by Bursts as the Takara Tomy release of Zeutron Z2 has teeth akin to Horusood H2, teeth that are too weak to support the recoil experienced by Zeutron Z2 in a battle. Not only that, but the impact on the back edges has lead to numerous reported cases of breaks with no mold variations released to solve that problem.

==Overall==
While Zeutron Z2's metal ball concept may make sense in theory, any OWD and Flywheel effect it may generate is outclassed by other Energy Layers such as Doomscizor and Doomscizor D2. Not only that but this layer's fragility and weak Burst defense makes it only suitable for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-59 Zillion Zeus Infinity Weight (purple and yellow)
  • Zillion Zeus Infinity Weight (Saint Thunder Ver.) (translucent white)
  • Zillion Zeus Infinity Weight (Black Ver.) (black and yellow)
  • Zillion Zeus Magnum Variable (Gold God Ver.) (black and gold)
==Hasbro==

I'm biased since I really don't like Zillion Zeus and that may have bled out heavily into this. If it's better than I think it is, please tell me how so I can change it.
apparently its pretty good on attack combos like GX but someone should confirm this
(May. 03, 2017  1:33 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: apparently its pretty good on attack combos like GX but someone should confirm this

I think it would not be sucessful on a attack combo setup like GX because its shape is just too aggressive for its teeth,it would self burst alot.
(May. 27, 2017  7:57 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(May. 03, 2017  1:33 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: apparently its pretty good on attack combos like GX but someone should confirm this

I think it would not be sucessful on a attack combo setup like GX because its shape is just too aggressive for its teeth,it would self burst alot.

A different disc possibly bit z2 has found uses on xtemee
(May. 27, 2017  8:16 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(May. 27, 2017  7:57 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: I think it would not be sucessful on a attack combo setup like GX because its shape is just too aggressive for its teeth,it would self burst alot.

A different disc possibly bit z2 has found uses on xtemee

yea maybe it might be useful with down or or armed but i doubt it.What kind of attack potential does it really has burst attack or ko attack?
(May. 27, 2017  10:14 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(May. 27, 2017  8:16 AM)mj9 Wrote: A different disc possibly bit z2 has found uses on xtemee

yea maybe it might be useful with down or or armed but i doubt it.What kind of attack potential does it really has burst attack or ko attack?

I'm not sure but if you look in the winning combos it has placed
(May. 27, 2017  10:39 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(May. 27, 2017  10:14 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: yea maybe it might be useful with down or or armed but i doubt it.What kind of attack potential does it really has burst attack or ko attack?

I'm not sure but if you look in the winning combos it has placed

so i checked the winning combos thread and it could burst d2 but i dont really think it will be consistent . i think it has good burst attack but has bad teeth pretty much the same case as ragnarok(TT).I think it needs testing before it could be considered competitive
Anybody know the weight?
(May. 02, 2017  8:39 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Zeutron Z2, known in Japan as Zillion Zeus, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Dual Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-59 Starter Zillion Zeus Infinity Weight on September 17th, 2016.

==Description==
Zeutron Z2 is a Stamina Type Layer that bears a slight elliptical shape, two "Z"s on either side and two faces meant to embody its name sake, the Greek god Zeus.

The gimmick of this layer are the two metal balls on either side of it, akin to the GB145 Spin Track of Metal Fight Beyblade. When spinning the centrifugal force would move the balls farther towards the edge of the Layer, increasing its Outward Weight Distribution and Flywheel Effect. However, the weight of and the distance traveled by the metal balls is too small to create a significant effect.

The six blades of the layer are placed symmetrically, four of which are sloped, this means that half of the time the pointed edge makes contact and the other half, the back edges make contact. The relatively heavy weight of the large blades with the elliptical shape creates high Outward Weight Distribution which grants high stamina retention and Burst resistance capable of compensating for the average teeth of the Japanese release. While this is somewhat reduced by the recoil inherent in elliptical shapes, the teeth are capable of compensating and the recoil grants Zeutron Z2 Burst Attack potential, creating an excellent Layer for Balance combinations.

However, the impact on the back edges has lead to numerous reported cases of breaks with no mold variations released to solve that problem. As such it is recommended to own multiple copies of this Layer and to be prepared to replace it.

==Use in Balance Combinations==
Zeutron Z2 can be put to use in the Balance combination Zeutron Z2 Heavy/Gravity/Knuckle/Down/Spread Orbit/Trans. The Stamina of Zeutron Z2 is bolstered by Heavy/Gravity/Knuckle/Down/Spread/Yell and Orbit/Trans. Heavy/Gravity/Yell and Orbit adds Knock-Out Defense and bolsters Zeutron Z2's Attack potential. Knuckle/Down/Spread and Orbit bolsters Burst resistance. Trans can make the combination switch between Stationary Stamina and Mobile Stamina/Attack.

==Overall==
Zeutron Z2's relatively high weight, high Outward Weight Distribution and recoil inducing shape made it an excellent choice for Balance combinations. However like other "Jack-of-all-Trades" parts, Zeutron Z2 does not perform as consistently as a dedicated Attack, Defense or Stamina Layer. Furthermore with the release of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Zeutron Z2 has become too light to remain competitive. As such, this part is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-59 Zillion Zeus Infinity Weight (black and yellow)
==Hasbro==
  • Zeutron Z2 Infinity Weight (black and yellow)
This is probably one of the bigger overhauls.
I need to know more about the slopes before saying anything about the Hasbro version which people always say is good for mixed attack
@[MonoDragon] The Hasbro version of Z2 seems to have pretty good slopes. I would say the slopes are about as good as or a little better than S2's slopes.
Although the Hasbro Z2 goes off balance easily it seems to be a decent destabiliser. Due to the Design of the Driver it can spin at a larger angle of tilt without scraping than most Burst Beyblades.

Not sure if this is useful.
U should add accel and zephyr to suggested combos.z2 was one of the best layers for mixed attack before god layer system so add accel zephyr .as for hasbro ver i have seen some tests its pretty good for mixed attack,can outspin unicrest survive combos on a mixed attack set up consistently
(Nov. 29, 2017  4:33 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Zeutron Z2, known in Japan as Zillion Zeus, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Dual Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-59 Starter Zillion Zeus Infinity Weight on September 17th, 2016.

==Description==
Zeutron Z2 is a Stamina Type Layer that bears a slight elliptical shape, two "Z"s on either side and two faces meant to embody its name sake, the Greek god Zeus.

The gimmick of this layer are the two metal balls on either side of it, akin to the GB145 Spin Track of Metal Fight Beyblade. When spinning the centrifugal force would move the balls farther towards the edge of the Layer, increasing its Outward Weight Distribution and Flywheel Effect. However, the weight of and the distance traveled by the metal balls is too small to create a significant effect.

The six blades of the layer are placed symmetrically, four of which are sloped, this means that half of the time the pointed edge makes contact and the other half, the back edges make contact. The relatively heavy weight of the large blades with the elliptical shape creates high Outward Weight Distribution which grants high Stamina retention and Burst resistance capable of compensating for the average teeth of the Japanese release. While this is somewhat reduced by the recoil inherent in elliptical shapes, the teeth are capable of compensating and the recoil grants Zillion Zeus Attack potential, creating an excellent Layer for Balance combinations.

However, the impact on the back edges has lead to numerous reported cases of breaks with no mold variations released to solve that problem. As such it is recommended to own multiple copies of this Layer and to be prepared to replace it.

==Use in Balance Combinations==
Zillion Zeus can be put to use in the Balance combination Zillion Zeus Heavy/Gravity/Knuckle/Down/Spread Orbit/Trans. The Stamina of Zillion Zeus is bolstered by Heavy/Gravity/Knuckle/Down/Spread/Yell and Orbit/Trans. Heavy/Gravity/Yell and Orbit adds Knock-Out Defense and bolsters Zillion Zeus' Attack potential. Knuckle/Down and Orbit bolsters Burst resistance. Trans can make the combination switch between Stationary Stamina and Mobile Stamina/Attack.

==Use in Attack Combinations==
Zillion Zeus can be put to use in the Attack combination Zillion Zeus Heavy/Gravity Accel/Zephyr. The elliptical shape of Zillion Zeus creates Attack potential that is bolstered by the heavy weight of Heavy/Gravity while Burst resistance is bolstered by the low friction of Accel/Zephyr which allows this combination to either Burst or slow down its opponent.

==Overall==
Zillion Zeus' relatively high weight, high Outward Weight Distribution and recoil inducing shape made it an excellent choice for Balance combinations. However like other "Jack-of-all-Trades" parts, Zillion Zeus does not perform as consistently as a dedicated Attack, Defense or Stamina Layer. Furthermore with the release of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Zillion Zeus has become too light to remain competitive.

As such, Zillion Zeus is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Differences in the Hasbro Version==
Hasbro's release of Zeutron Z2 is virtually unchanged from its Takara Tomy counterpart with the same high Stamina retention, which in the Hasbro format is one of the highest, elliptical shape, Attack potential and moderate Burst resistance. However, due to the softer plastic used, Zeutron Z2 does not break as easily as Zillion Zeus. These factors made Zeutron Z2 an excellent choice in the same combinations used in the Takara Tomy version, but with the release of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Zeutron Z2 is now too light to remain competitive.

As such, Zeutron Z2 is also recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-59 Zillion Zeus Infinity Weight (black and yellow)
==Hasbro==
  • Zeutron Z2 Infinity Weight (black and yellow)