Energy Layer - God Valkyrie

(Jan. 03, 2018  3:55 AM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2017  6:21 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: No, bad parts in its starter release too
Isn't the only good part in god valkyrie vortex, since its one of the heaviest frames in the game?

Outclassed by Meteor and Bump. Meteor is easily obtained via Alter Chronos which is about as easy to get as God Valkyrie and comes with far more useful parts (Layer, Frame and Driver)
(Jan. 03, 2018  4:59 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2018  3:55 AM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote: Isn't the only good part in god valkyrie vortex, since its one of the heaviest frames in the game?

Outclassed by Meteor and Bump. Meteor is easily obtained via Alter Chronos which is about as easy to get as God Valkyrie and comes with far more useful parts (Layer, Frame and Driver)

makes sense, also whats the weight of vortex, because I want to know if its lighter than star
(Oct. 26, 2017  3:45 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Genesis Valtryek V3, known as God Valkyrie in Japan, is a God Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-73 Starter God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot on March 18th, 2017.

==Description==
Genesis Valtyrek is an attack type Energy Layer, the center features a feathered, armored face facing forward, unlike previous iterations where the face was seen from a side profile, meant to represent the Layer's namesake; Odin's handmaidens of Norse mythology, albeit changed to match the anime's rendition; an armored knight. The perimeter is made up of a translucent layer with three upward slanting wings which act as the primary points of recoil and an opaque layer with three smaller sub-wings behind the main set. As part of the Evolution/God Layer System, Genesis Valtryek features gimmicks; the first is that the translucent layer and primary wings are spring loaded to create "Bound Attack", the second is that the Takara Tomy God Valkyrie can be improved with the Strike God Chip.

In theory the spring loaded Layer would increase Burst attack by moving upon impact and forcibly springing back. However, without a locking mechanism, in practice the Bound Attack gimmick fails to work, instead recoil is only produced when the Bound Layer is pushed as far as it will go and will only spring back after the opponent has been pushed away. Furthermore, the spring will render recoil null late in battle when spin velocity becomes too low to force the Bound Layer back to the limit, instead slowing the Genesis Valtryek combination down.

Despite this, Genesis Valtryek has comparable performance to its predecessor Valtryek V2 early in battle as the shape of Genesis Valtryek's wings is ideal for Knock-Out attack early in battle and the resistance of the Bound Layer is still enough to Burst a suitably weakened opponent towards the end of a battle. Furthermore, the Takara Tomy release of Genesis Valtryek features three teeth of high length, akin to its predecessor Valtryek V2, allowing this Layer is withstand its own recoil. Finally, Genesis Valtryek is much heavier than its predecessor which further aids Burst resistance.

When combined with the Strike God Chip, God Valkyrie is classified as a different Layer and so any differences in performance will be listed on the page Strike God Valkyrie.

==Use in Attack Combinations==
Genesis Valtryek can be put to use in the attack combinations Genesis Valtryek 0/2/4/5/7 Meteor/Vortex/Bump Xtreme. The heavy weight of 0/2/4/5/7 Meteor/Vortex/Bump and high speed of Xtreme increases the inertia of the combination which is needed to force the Bound Layer back and the teeth of Genesis Valtryek can compensate for the increased Burst risk of heavy disks.

==Overall==
Due to the shape of this Layer's three wings, Genesis Valtryek is considered on par with Valtryek V2 for Knock-Out attack despite the intrusive gimmick and has greater Burst resistance due to its heavier weight and cushioning effect of the spring. However with the release of other Layers such as Legend Spriggan and Sieg Xcalibur, Genesis Valtryek became heavily outclassed in the current metagame. As such, Genesis Valtryek is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Differences in the Hasbro Version==
Hasbro's release of Genesis Valtryek V3 is virtually unchanged from its Takara Tomy counterpart with the Bound Attack Gimmick intact. However, due to the irremovable God Chip, Genesis Valtryek is incapable of using the Strike God Chip. Due to the rather mediocre Attack potential, Genesis Valtryek is outclassed by Roktavor and Xcalius and as such is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-73 God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (translucent blue, translucent red God Chip)
  • God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (Premiere Set) (translucent violet, translucent violet God Chip)
  • God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (Fire Knight Ver.) (red, translucent red God Chip)
  • God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (Ice Knight Ver.) (ice blue)
  • God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (G1 Tournament 1st Prize) (gold)
  • God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (G1 Tournament 2nd Prize) (silver)
  • God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (G1 Tournament 3rd Prize) (bronze)
  • B-87 God Valkyrie 2 Flügel (Random Booster Vol. 7) (green)
==Hasbro==
will SGV info be available soon or??

just wondering...sorry
(Jan. 30, 2018  4:50 AM)Dragunix Wrote: will SGV info be available soon or??

just wondering...sorry

Nobody tests it, even on Youtube they just use it on the useless 6V Reboot combination so I have absolutely nothing to work off of
(Jan. 30, 2018  5:01 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2018  4:50 AM)Dragunix Wrote: will SGV info be available soon or??

just wondering...sorry

Nobody tests it, even on Youtube they just use it on the useless 6V Reboot combination so I have absolutely nothing to work off of
thanks anyways
Im curious because i learned that god valkyrie can burst a legend spriggan if you're very skilled, is this true?
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:25 AM)ultra destinus Wrote: Im curious because i learned that god valkyrie can burst a legend spriggan if you're very skilled, is this true?

yes but only if both are using the stock combos
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:27 AM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:25 AM)ultra destinus Wrote: Im curious because i learned that god valkyrie can burst a legend spriggan if you're very skilled, is this true?

yes but only if both are using the stock combos

Well, my little brother's legend spriggan has worn out teeth and now it bursts too easily so to god valkyrie, spriggan is beyblade food
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:46 AM)ultra destinus Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2018  2:27 AM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote: yes but only if both are using the stock combos

Well, my little brother's legend spriggan has worn out teeth and now it bursts too easily so to god valkyrie, spriggan is beyblade food

what i meant was that if your legend spriggan's teeth isnt worn out, and if you use it on love friction tips, god valkyrie will win