East Coast Royale [Silver Spring, MD] {8/20/2016}

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

How's it going East coast bladers? Have you ever really wanted to see how you stack up against people from all the way up North in New York or Connecticut, from the middle in Maryland and Virginia or down South in North Carolina and Florida? Has the driving distance and lack of additional motivation been a constricting factor? Would it be worth it if you could walk away knowing you have the skills to pay the bills to compete all along the coast with some sweet bling and awesome prizes to show for it? And if you could walk away with something just for participating?

Sounds like you should be making a journey to our East Coast Royale, conveniently located in the middle of the coast for everyone in Maryland and just outside of the capital (#convinceyourparentstotakeaDCtrip)!

When:

8/20/2016

Where:

MLK Park (The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the map for the actual location of the tournament which will be beside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts))

Schedule:

10:30-11:00: Registration and Freeplay

11:00-11:15: Rules

11:15-1:00: Burst Tournament Swiss Format

1:15-2:45: Burst Tournament Finals

2:45-4:00: HMS Tournament Swiss Format

4:00-4:30: HMS Tournament Finals

4:30-5:30: Team Limited Double Elimination Tournament

5:45-6:00: Awards Ceremony and Presentation

Fees:

$5 to participate per official WBO tournament or
$15 for a blader passport that covers the cost of all your tournaments for the year

DO NOT COME WITHOUT MONEY! While we all love the WBO none of us have the free cash to cover the cost for everyone to play! Also, I will have a substantial amount of Bakuten Shoot, Burst and MFB blades and gear available for purchase! So if you want to get competitive in Burst or refresh your arsenal in either of the previous two generations (including rare plastics/HMS, Takara Orange F230, etc.) bring some money!

If you would like to contribute to the prize pool to make the event more awesome for everyone/start a raffle pool I'll probably make it worth your while!

BONUS PRIZES:
FROM GINGA FOR 20+ PARTICIPANTS: Cyber and Dark Dragoon
FROM DARK_MOUSY FOR 20+ PARTICIPANTS: FAYETTEVILLE COMICON WEEKEND PASS WITH BEYBLADE BATTLE CRY!

Determining Overall Winners:

1st Place in Burst/HMS: 8 Points
2nd Place in Burst/HMS: 6 Points
3rd Place in Burst/HMS: 4 Points
4th Place in Burst/HMS: 2 Points
1st in Team Limited: 5 Points
2nd in Team Limited: 3 Point
3rd in Team Limited: 1 Point
Best Beyniac Costume: 1 Point
Best Darth Beyder Costumer: 1 Point
Best Sportsmanship throughout the Day: 1 Point
Best East Coast Championship Decoration: 1 Point
Furthest Distance Traveled to be there: 1 Point

*Each blader is only eligible for one of the non-placing related points

Participation Prize:

People who came to the tournament: "A Timely Farewell"
are sure to remember these:
[Image: mbbbox_zpsrpdnnvem.jpg]

This tournament will be featuring its sequel!!!
[Image: ecc%20box_zpsbdwbsnqs.png]

*Please note: If you do not confirm your attendance at least 2 days before the event I am unable to guarantee one of these will be available for you.

Even if you don't live on the East Coast you are highly highly encouraged to come!

Let's go ahead and get everyone who's committed to coming to go ahead and post here themselves to help build hype for the event!

SOCIAL MEDIA CHALLENGE
The owner of the social media post with the most likes (Instagram), favorites (Twitter), or Reactions (Facebook) by the day of the event with the hashtag #beybladeecr and a link to this thread (say link in bio for Instragram!) by the day of the tournament will walk away with a free Draciel MS, MFB Random Booster Volume 9, and Burst Random Booster 1! In the case that you are unable to attend they will be shipped to you (without packaging domestically, you will need to pay if international)!

Participants List (Bold if confirmed)
Time
*Ginga*
Yami
TheGrimRipper13
TheBeyNinja
Wombat
Tech
NightWing247
Sniper
Beyblade Strong

Ragerblade
TheGreatBaba
Ragerblade's brother
Larvatar23
Dark_Mousy
Thunder Dome
Stormscorpio1
geetster99
OnTheDL
Shirayuki
PidgeotWiz
beymsaster15963
DXC (Dominic)

Here's a tag to everyone I hope will consider coming:
@[Tech] @[Yami] @[Sniper] @[BillyBlast] @[Hov] @[*Ginga*] @[LikeABoss921] @[Fist] @[lawesomeness] @[OnTheDL] @[Coolblader#1] @[Super%Sayian] @[Greninja Master] @[Itachi] @[geetster99] @[Shirayuki] @[Yamislayer] @[beymaster15963] @[DrPepsidew] @[Pruebame] @[Kaboom!!!] @[Angry Face] @[Havoc] @[Cool Blader] @[dylanslegos] @[kilgore] @[Dark_Mousy] @[[)ragon] @[Thunder Dome] @[Wombat] @[Axel Phantom] @[FLASH SGTO] @[razorrider7] @[BladerLight] @[G-SHOCK] @[Eipman] @[Fisto227] @[FangLeone130WB] @[BladerXYZ] @[TrollingBlader] @[TheGrimRipper13] @[Arupaeo] @[ZachBob] @[RagerBlade] @[Stormscorpio1] @[Leone 7] @[UltimateOrion] @[Ethan H] @[BeyCrafter] @[Larvatar23] @[~Eclipse~] @[Magic] @[RioluOmega] @[Team Meteor] @[Spin-Sonic] @[Joshil] @[Kai16] @[Jimmyjazz39] @[SnakeFang] @[PidgeotWiz] @[Beyblade Strong] @[Bumblebee159] @[reeceroosters] @[BeyBeard] @[Leone19] @[Leone 7] @[Cye Kinomiya] @[Joshil100] @[Morkad] @[The Supreme One] @[Raiyanblader] @[BladerLight] @[DJ_Wyvern] @[Titan Tite] @[Naijalak] @[KnightPro] @[Stamina.] @[Ironeye7] @[EthanQ42] @[beymomdelaware]

#hypehypehype

For scenes from previous tournaments check out my YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMQrITR...Xrk8o_f1MA

And if there's anything from my selling thread/ebay store you'd like to reserve for pickup at the tournament check out what I've got!
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Super-R...s-for-Sale

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Aug. 16, 2016  7:32 AM)Time Wrote: Awesome hype video about to slide into your eyeballs:

Don't forget about our social media contest guys! Jimmyjazz is the only one who has posted (yes yours counts)
Yo thats a pretty good intro ad ( carp i dont know what to call it but anyway is really good!) but you should share it in other places like all over youtube / facebook/ google+/ etc... that way a ton of people new to beyblade could come and you guys could introduce them into the hobby!
As further motivation and to try to diversify the prize pool a little bit, the Blizzard Orthus prize at 20 participants is being switched out for 5 MFB Random Boosters and a mechanic papa launcher! Get hyped guys, two days to go! On another note, the park is confirmed to be a gym and two PokeStops in Pokemon Go, I have a few lures the game has given me to use so expect those to be active throughout the day as well!
The big day is tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

A few reminders:

1. Formats: We are playing Burst, Bakuten Shoot Hybrid (Plastics and HMS), and Team Limited so you will need to bring all of your Beyblades.

2. While it will be more bearable tomorrow then it has for the past couple of weeks it will still be fairly hot so bring lots of water.

3. At some point throughout the tournament we will be trying to order pizza.

4. I have a bunch of stuff for sale so make sure to bring money to have the opportunity to acquire super rare stuff at unbelievable prices!!! http://www.ebay.com/usr/timelysales12

5. Stars and I will have a ton of super current Burst stuff for sale as well including RB3 and the deck set pending delivery of our package within the next 24 hours (curse the postal service!!!)

6. Start thinking about who you'd like to have on your team and if you were a captain the last time we played team remember that you have to still be captain on that team and cannot join another per the team format rules.

7. In the case that Burst and Bakuten Shoot Hybrid end up taking less time than anticipated we may shift to a traditional Limited tournament in which the 4 "teams" of 3 bladers with the most wins at the end of the tournament will go into a single elimination bracket to determine the best overall team (I do not believe we will have time for this).

8. Go watch some videos on my Youtube channel to help build your hype level for the tournament!!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMQrITR...Xrk8o_f1MA #hypehypehype

9. Pending all of my devices cooperating we will be doing an electronic check-in using Google forms that will allow us to automatically apply seeding based on BeyPoint ranking (a lack of true seeding was a bit of a problem at Beyblade North)

10. If anyone would want to consider being the official photographer/videographer of the day since I'll be busy running everything else there's a random booster in it for you!

11. Don't forget about our special points to be awarded throughout the day for things outside of placing: Best Beyniac Costume: 1 Point
Best Darth Beyder Costumer: 1 Point
Best Sportsmanship throughout the Day: 1 Point
Best East Coast Championship Decoration: 1 Point
Furthest Distance Traveled to be there: 1 Point

*Each blader is only eligible for one of the non-placing related points

12. Don't forget to have fun tomorrow! All of us are getting together to enjoy a hobby, emphasis on hobby, we all cherish. While it's never been a problem in the past this is just a reminder to keep it light and don't take anything too seriously! Furthermore, while it hasn't ever previously been a problem at Maryland tournaments, stealing of Beyblade parts is a potentiality so do always keep an eye on your own blader gear, especially at an event that is looking like it's going to shape up to be fantastically large!
I just sent Invites and added this event to the BeyMap. It should have been done earlier, but I just noticed that it was not there yet, so hopefully it can still help...

Good luck to everybody tomorrow!
I'm so pissed I can't make it. Maybe I'll be there next year. At least I will probably win the social media contest because I'm the only entry
I am so salty that I won't be making this awesome event this year. I do hope that everybody that's going to this event has some fun, makes some friends, and raises awareness of Maryland, and DMV Beyblade.
I'm really into video and such so I could do it. I would've brought my camcorder if I had seen earlier but I could get the footage on my phone and either edit it or send it to those to post to the channel.
Hurry up guys!
(Aug. 20, 2016  4:06 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Hurry up guys!

How did this end up?
While the participant list wasn't as diverse as I had hoped, I still got to meet/battle a few new people like Beyblade Strong, PidgeotWiz, and EJAlex. Must have used up all my bacon power in Burst because while I got 3rd there, I did real bad in Limited (didn't use enough Flame 230).

Burst Spreadsheet
Limited Spreadsheet

Hope I see all of you again next year!
I had a lot of fun, despite a lower than expected turnout. I've been out of the game for a good while now due to a variety of factors, but playing (and winning Eee) felt refreshing.

See you all some time in September (hosted by either myself or Yami)!
(Aug. 21, 2016  4:13 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: I had a lot of fun, despite a lower than expected turnout. I've been out of the game for a good while now due to a variety of factors, but playing (and winning Eee) felt refreshing.

See you all some time in September (hosted by either myself or Yami)!

Maybe I can make that one
Not quite the turnout we had hoped for/expected (14), but it remained a day of Bey! We ended up doing Burst and Limited and then Bakuten Shoot Hybrid!

Overall Placings:
1st: *Ginga* (1st in Burst and BSH (4th in Limited))
2nd: Yami Stars (2nd in Burst, 2nd in BSH)
3rd: Time (2nd in Limited and 3rd in BSH (#phantomfoxOP), 4th in Burst)
4th: Wombat (3rd in Burst)/ TheGrimRipper13 (3rd in Limited)

Other tidbits: I went undefeated in round robin play in both Burst and Limited, but then people got my goat in Burst finals then limited went 2-1 which led to a three-way tiebreaker for first, then everyone went 1-1, and then finally only I went 1-1 in the final tiebreaker.

Shoutout to @[TheGrimRipper13] for placing for the first time and @[Beyblade Strong] for having some of the best sportsmanship I've ever seen, never played with anyone so polite and encouraging!

Major major shoutout to @[Wombat] for being the ultimate homey and doing the spreadsheets
Congrats guys! Wish any of us NC players could go, but I'm glad you guys had fun.
(Aug. 22, 2016  1:21 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Congrats guys! Wish any of us NC players could go, but I'm glad you guys had fun.

Sorry I couldn't drive Unhappy.

Congrats to the winner!!!
(Aug. 22, 2016  1:01 AM)Time Wrote: Not quite the turnout we had hoped for/expected (14), but it remained a day of Bey! We ended up doing Burst and Limited and then Bakuten Shoot Hybrid!

Overall Placings:
1st: *Ginga* (1st in Burst and BSH (4th in Limited))
2nd: Yami Stars (2nd in Burst, 2nd in BSH)
3rd: Time (2nd in Limited and 3rd in BSH (#phantomfoxOP), 4th in Burst)
4th: Wombat (3rd in Burst)/ TheGrimRipper13 (3rd in Limited)

Other tidbits: I went undefeated in round robin play in both Burst and Limited, but then people got my goat in Burst finals then limited went 2-1 which led to a three-way tiebreaker for first, then everyone went 1-1, and then finally only I went 1-1 in the final tiebreaker.

Shoutout to @[TheGrimRipper13] for placing for the first time and @[Beyblade Strong] for having some of the best sportsmanship I've ever seen, never played with anyone so polite and encouraging!

Major major shoutout to @[Wombat] for being the ultimate homey and doing the spreadsheets

Do I still win the social media contest even though I was the only person who entered? If so, how do I claim my prize
Forgot to mention this yesterday, but I think someone else might have gone home with my Burst Stadium (it's mold 1, has red clips, and has 'Wombat' written on the bottom) because towards the end of the Limited tournament I realized it was missing.

I assume whoever it was took it by accident thinking it was theirs, because after all of the events were over there was another mold 1 Burst stadium with black clips that didn't belong to any of the people still there. I went ahead and took that one with me, but if everyone at the event could check the bottom of their stadiums I'm interested to see who I swapped with.

(Aug. 22, 2016  1:01 AM)Time Wrote: Major major shoutout to Wombat for being the ultimate homey and doing the spreadsheets

i should start charging for this lol
These events are all processed now, great job to all who attended!