Earth Phoenix R145 CS

Beyblade combo...

Phoenix- I used this clear wheel mainly for looks but I also used it to put some damage in a bey that might be attacking from above if they are using 230 or F230.

Earth- I used this fusion Wheel so that an attack type does not have many places to hit my bey to cause any significant damage; and this may sound weird but I also used it because it actualy has good attack power, which I will demonstrate in one of my upcoming youtube vids!

R145- I mainly used this track to deflect low attackers. However I have found that R145 is only effective when used on heavier wheels, I have found that if you put this track on a relatively light wheel it will significantly increase the recoil. I also used this track to add some weight. (Rubber weighs more than plastic)

CS- Last but definitely not least is the tip. I used this tip so that when my bey gets hit, which destabilizes it, the result will my bey attacking it back. Stopping the attack types next attack in its tracks and winning by a sleep out, or by winning by stadium out, if the comeback attack is strong enough. This method does not only work on attack types but defense as well.

Even though the name of the bey should technically be called Earth Phoenix, I named the bey Earth Durins Bane. I will explain the reasoning behined it in one of my upcoming videos!

Youtube channel name- Nionis

So that's one of my defensive combos for the limited format!
I want to know what you guys use!
For a combination, you need at least a few tests against Top Tier combinations in the format (20 rounds, minimum per test). Try posting them soon, so this isn't closed.
Ok ya no problem! Smile I am hoping to post one today.
I can see why this combo could have some usage in Limited.
I'd probably use Aquario, though.
This combo is already well known about though.
Ya, I was going to use aquario because of its stamina capabilities... but it took away from what I wanted the bey to look like, and yes I know that this combo with the exception of the clear wheel is already well known. I just wanted to share one of my combos even though it is my weakest one. It will look pretty cool once I put the the custom face bolt sticker on, which displays Durins Bane, the Balrog shown in Lord of the Rings, and if you don't know what a balrog is then you should look it up.
(Jul. 10, 2014  6:28 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: This combo is already well known about though.

It's definitely well known. Although this isn't that important, I was looking back, and saw that it did have some use for testing against Hell variations in the Hell Testing thread (when it was competitive, of course), even though Hell is banned in Limited. It was infact able to do quite well against both Hell_85RF, as well as Hell_CH120RF, too.

On top of that, adding Phoenix was quite irrelevant to this combo (although it doesn't take too much of an impact on the combo itself), as it doesn't have too much competitive use on a combo like this (same goes for other Earth variations). Cancer, Aquario, Hades, or anything round for that matter would probably be a considerably better choice.

(Jul. 10, 2014  7:26 PM)Nionis Wrote: Ya, I was going to use aquario because of its stamina capabilities... but it took away from what I wanted the bey to look like, and yes I know that this combo with the exception of the clear wheel is already well known. I just wanted to share one of my combos even though it is my weakest one. It will look pretty cool once I put the the custom face bolt sticker on, which displays Durins Bane, the Balrog shown in Lord of the Rings, and if you don't know what a balrog is then you should look it up.

Although you'd have it looking nice to your liking, it's not really about how the combo looks. It's your bladers spirit It really depends on how the combo performs, and what would work best on the combo in each scenario, which would lead it to becoming competitive (which in this case it wouldn't), and would determine the best choice of parts.
________________________________________________________________________________________

On the topic of how this combo performs in general, I myself was personally never too fond of this setup in Limited, and preferred making use of Earth_230RSF (although it does have a different usage in comparison to this setup, it's still Earth, aha) Earth_85RSF, and Earth W145WD, as well.

If this thread still does manage stay active, I'll try to get some testings done on the 20th, as I don't have R145, nor CS.

Edit:

Quote:Phoenix- I used this clear wheel mainly for looks but I also used it to put some damage in a bey that might be attacking from above if they are using 230 or F230.

Despite Phoenix's jagged edges, it wouldn't take an impact, nor put damage on a set-up higher than it whatsoever, hah.

Nevermind, Wombat's correct. Smile

Quote: and this may sound weird but I also used it because it actualy has good attack power

I don't see how Earth has any potential in attack whatsoever. It doesn't really show attack in this set-up, either. Would you mind giving a demonstration in one of your upcoming videos?
I completely agree with you! Smile There are many other combos that that are way better in general, and that is why out of the many customs that I own it is my weakest. Since this bey does preform decently and is mainly for looks, I should have only posted this on my youtube channel and mabey in the beyblade general forum. From now on Ill only post my best combos with a video link showing how it performs. I'll make my first video today!

Youtube- Nionis
(Jul. 10, 2014  7:46 PM)~Midnight~ Wrote:
Quote:Phoenix- I used this clear wheel mainly for looks but I also used it to put some damage in a bey that might be attacking from above if they are using 230 or F230.

Despite Phoenix's jagged edges, it wouldn't take an impact, nor put damage on a set-up higher than it whatsoever, hah.

Hey, CW destabilation does work. I've found Capricorne does exceptionally well with this. Despite losing the height matchup, I was able to beat Earth 230D and Basalt 230CS using AD145WD with Capricorne. I agree for the sake of the thread a better CW should be listed though.

And also the last point in the OP. Someone pointed out that a defensive CS shouldn't be aggressive but my CS counterattacks in the same way and I find it to be extremely effective.
I actually found that the Phoenix clear wherl does do more damage to high attackers than most but it is still very slight! I don't know how to test this and show any significant results so it's just one of those things that we will be wondering about. However if I do find a way to test it and it shows significant results, I will happily share it.

And nice combos by the way! Smile

(Jul. 10, 2014  7:46 PM)~Midnight~ Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2014  6:28 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: This combo is already well known about though.

It's definitely well known. Although this isn't that important, I was looking back, and saw that it did have some use for testing against Hell variations in the Hell Testing thread (when it was competitive, of course), even though Hell is banned in Limited. It was infact able to do quite well against both Hell_85RF, as well as Hell_CH120RF, too.

On top of that, adding Phoenix was quite irrelevant to this combo (although it doesn't take too much of an impact on the combo itself), as it doesn't have too much competitive use on a combo like this (same goes for other Earth variations). Cancer, Aquario, Hades, or anything round for that matter would probably be a considerably better choice.

(Jul. 10, 2014  7:26 PM)Nionis Wrote: Ya, I was going to use aquario because of its stamina capabilities... but it took away from what I wanted the bey to look like, and yes I know that this combo with the exception of the clear wheel is already well known. I just wanted to share one of my combos even though it is my weakest one. It will look pretty cool once I put the the custom face bolt sticker on, which displays Durins Bane, the Balrog shown in Lord of the Rings, and if you don't know what a balrog is then you should look it up.

Although you'd have it looking nice to your liking, it's not really about how the combo looks. It's your bladers spirit It really depends on how the combo performs, and what would work best on the combo in each scenario, which would lead it to becoming competitive (which in this case it wouldn't), and would determine the best choice of parts.
________________________________________________________________________________________

On the topic of how this combo performs in general, I myself was personally never too fond of this setup in Limited, and preferred making use of Earth_230RSF (although it does have a different usage in comparison to this setup, it's still Earth, aha) Earth_85RSF, and Earth W145WD, as well.

If this thread still does manage stay active, I'll try to get some testings done on the 20th, as I don't have R145, nor CS.

Edit:

Nevermind, Wombat's correct. Smile

Quote: and this may sound weird but I also used it because it actualy has good attack power

I don't see how Earth has any potential in attack whatsoever. It doesn't really show attack in this set-up, either. Would you mind giving a demonstration in one of your upcoming videos?
Sorry meant to say anti-attack, and ya I'll demonstrate it on a video
Hey guys sorry for not posting in a long time! I was playing in a lacrosse tournament in Colorado and I forgot to tell everyone that I was was away! I will be posting a video of my test results!
I'm pretty sure that's not a legal Beystadium. Do you have a BB-10 by any chance?
No I don't have a bb10 stadium... That's why I used this one. Because it's the closest think to it, and what do you men by a legal beystadium?
(Jul. 17, 2014  11:55 PM)Nionis Wrote: No I don't have a bb10 stadium... That's why I used this one. Because it's the closest think to it, and what do you men by a legal beystadium?
You have to use a BB-10 stadium or other legal stadiums. Hasbro Stadiums are not legal for tournament play and therefore we don't need tests in them.

Sorry, but this thread will have to be closed... Try to buy a BB-10 or another legal stadium and do more tests. Check the WBO RuleBook for a list of Legal stadiums.
The stadium is the rare sonokong triple battle type stadium. From what I can tell the stadium is legal as shown here:

Unless I am reading an outdated version of the rulebook the stadium should be legal for any format.
I think thats a sonokong triple type stadium which is legal for tournaments but not tests.

EDIT: beaten by MBF1.
(Jul. 18, 2014  1:07 AM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: I think thats a sonokong triple type stadium which is legal for tournaments but not tests.

Sorry for being off topic but why isnt it legal for testing? I happen to own a BB-10 and a sonokong triple battle type stadium and there isnt that much of a drastic difference between them.
(Jul. 18, 2014  1:10 AM)MBF1 Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2014  1:07 AM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: I think thats a sonokong triple type stadium which is legal for tournaments but not tests.

Sorry for being off topic but why isnt it legal for testing? I happen to own a BB-10 and a sonokong triple battle type stadium and there isnt that much of a drastic difference between them.

Because people say the BB-10 is fairest and the only reason they use the others for tourneys is for alternates if the bb-10 isn't available. I personally think its kinda stupid that their legal for tourneys but not tests, that's just my opinion though.

Same with the BB-46 stadium which is tournament legal.
Yeah, after a quick Google search it appears that it is legal after all. Huh, I guess I learned something new today, haha.

While most people use the BB-10 for testing and tournaments, unless someone can find the post where Kai-V or some other authority figure said "only the BB-10 can be used for tests", I don't see why the BB-46 and Triple Battle Type Stadium can't be used, if they are deemed balanced enough for tournaments.
(Jul. 18, 2014  1:37 AM)Wombat Wrote: Yeah, after a quick Google search it appears that it is legal after all. Huh, I guess I learned something new today, haha.

While most people use the BB-10 for testing and tournaments, unless someone can find the post where Kai-V or some other authority figure said "only the BB-10 can be used for tests", I don't see why the BB-46 and Triple Battle Type Stadium can't be used, if they are deemed balanced enough for tournaments.
Challenge accepted.

(Dec. 11, 2013  1:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote: All tests posted in the Beyblade Customizations forum, unless they are in a specific-stadium thread (for instance, "All Stamina Type BeyStadiums Tests here"), need to be conducted in the BeyStadium Attack Type. And of course, for Zero-G tests, any TAKARA-TOMY stadium must be used.

The stadium you used is legal in tournaments, but general tests posted on the site must be done in the BeyStadium Attack Type.
Ya... Ill try to get a bb10 soon, however besides from the pockets its not really that diffrent from the bb10 at all. oh and by the way it is sonokong not hasbro...

I will be opening up some new threads soon to discuss some other good limited format combos.