E230 discussion

Plus, it hit positive win rates against all the other synchrome combos...
The idea was to test a defense combo that can OS some conventional stamina types, and most other defenders as well. Smile

Defense is usually a last resort, and only to be used if you have compelling suspicions that your opponent will use attack. This combo can take out some stamina types, most other defense types, and, as we already know from previous testing, most attackers as well, which makes it much, much less of a risk in a tournament situation, IMO.

One thing I don't understand is how some people say that losing to Dragooon is a deal breaker :\
I mean, that would disqualify pretty much anything above 145 on the tier-list... IDK, just seems strange to me. XD I guess different people have their reasons...

(Aug. 06, 2013  7:11 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Isn't Duo W145 WD fairly popular though? I was under the impression W145 was almost always played over 230, due to the fact it is way better against Dragooon.

Also, it didn't do that badly against the Synchrom BD145 combos I tested against. That 45% in my tests could easily be 60% in a tournament.

Not really anymore; SA165 and B:D are much more popular.

I agree. That's why I said "besides Attack types and BD145 combos".

(Aug. 06, 2013  7:28 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: One thing I don't understand is how some people say that losing to Dragooon is a deal breaker :\
I mean, that would disqualify pretty much anything above 145 on the tier-list... IDK, just seems strange to me. XD I guess different people have their reasons...

If a 'new' combo loses against what is popular, I don't understand how that can not be a dealbreaker. I'm not saying this combo doesn't have it's uses, but I find it hard to imagine a real-life situation where I would want to use this.
what other combos could you recomend for e230
Zero-G:

Reviser Genbull e230 mb(sway defense)

Msf-H Balro Balro e230 gf(sway attack)

Msf-H Killerken/reviser reviser e230 cs/rsf(defense)

BB-10

Saramanda Saramanda e230 ____(destabalizer)

Msf-H killerken/reviser reviser e230 cs/rsf(defense)

I'm sure theres a couple others, but there you go.
cool thanks