Drain Fafnir, Tornado Wyvern, and Atomic Testing

I'm not able to write a post in full about it right now, but I've done some testing against a dF on Atomic combo, and I've found Blaze Ragnaruk to be an extremely effective dF counter, possibly better than Neptune if only because it doesn't have tooth wear. Chaos can also work, but it bursts too often to be viable, I think. Then again, I might just be garbage at weak-launching Stamina combos. Tongue_out

I'll post the exact testings soon (they're already done, I even did a benchmark test to go along with them), but I just figured I'd report my findings beforehand.
(Jun. 05, 2017  4:12 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: I'm not able to write a post in full about it right now, but I've done some testing against a dF on Atomic combo, and I've found Blaze Ragnaruk to be an extremely effective dF counter, possibly better than Neptune if only because it doesn't have tooth wear. Chaos can also work, but it bursts too often to be viable, I think. Then again, I might just be garbage at weak-launching Stamina combos. Tongue_out

I'll post the exact testings soon (they're already done, I even did a benchmark test to go along with them), but I just figured I'd report my findings beforehand.

Thank you for committing to post test results. I saw in Toronto that Kei and a few others did consider Blaze Ragnaruk to be competitive, without that information really landing its way on the site in details.
(Jun. 05, 2017  4:19 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Thank you for committing to post test results. I saw in Toronto that Kei and a few others did consider Blaze Ragnaruk to be competitive, without that information really landing its way on the site in details.

That's because we had just come off the D/D2 ban where it was previously not necessarily considered yet to be competitive enough for Stamina or Defense. :) At RATHER LOST LONGINUS people were too hyped about dF and it being the last tournament with D/D2 available to even think about other inferior alternatives to those Layers. And I was just a liiiiittle busy preparing for AN, so I only really did testing for AN on the Friday before we went to our booth. I had a hunch it could be useful, but didn't put a lot of thought into it until just before AN.

This is unrelated to bR being good against dF in certain situations, but in terms of details landing on the site, I have actually talked about bR briefly in several of my recent Toronto tournament reports:

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto...-JAILBREAK
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto...ION-REBOOT
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto...T-LONGINUS

I like Blaze Ragnaruk because it has pretty decent stamina (although whether it has more Stamina than Neptune or not I'm still unclear on) while also having great teeth. It does the job against dF if you have the right Disk/Driver match-up, and critically, also performs better against Lost Longinus in my experience so far, which is a threat worth considering.
Think you can come back to testing Tornado Wyvern? With Metal God Chips, the knowledge of God Chip Molds giving better Burst resistance and the release of Legend Spriggan and Sieg Xcalibur there should be plenty of areas to test
@[TrainiacJ] if possible can you do few test of dF.8G.Gr against mg4GAt? I know Guard was proven outclassed but it's "guard" might have enough LAD to take on Atomic. Reason dF is outclassed in today's metagame because it there isn't any part that gives it precession advantage against opposite spin combos (like how Meteo 85EWD had advantage over Earth 145WD) and parts like Atomic and Revolve (which are best on dF) can be used without worring about going up against same spin combos as they work against same spin too. Unlike how if you go dF8gR there is chances you might get countered by another higher precession revolve combo. however if one goes with dF_Gr then he won't have to worry about getting countered by another guard as opponent will think about you using a another right spin where he can't win as guard is bad against same spin
(Oct. 07, 2017  12:24 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: @[TrainiacJ] if possible can you do few test of dF.8G.Gr against mg4GAt? I know Guard was proven outclassed but it's "guard" might have enough LAD to take on Atomic. Reason dF is outclassed in today's metagame because it there isn't any part that gives it precession advantage against opposite spin combos (like how Meteo 85EWD had advantage over  Earth 145WD) and parts like Atomic and Revolve (which are best on dF) can be used without worring about going up against same spin combos as they work against same spin too. Unlike how if you go dF8gR there is chances you might get countered by another higher precession revolve combo. however if one goes with dF_Gr then he won't have to worry about getting countered by another guard as opponent will think about you using a another right spin where he can't win as guard is bad against same spin

very nice idea but i think it should not be tested against mG alone since mG is very resistant to spin stealing,dF+guard should also be tested against aC 4G At  and gK 4G At/R.btw theres video of blader zyeyo in which he used dF 4g guard against sX K Ir and dF combo did very good against it but considering the fact that the sX combo was using knuckle i am not sure how good df+guard is but it definitely needs testing and i see some potential in it.also 8 is very prone to bursting so 4 might be a better choice
I know this thread is a little bit old, but how about tW with Orbit? my tW.2C.O had a 50/50 chance against aC.2C.O and it seems pretty decent (im using the yellow tornado wyvern with super free spinning ring around it)
Couldn't really find a good place to put these, but since they're technically tests where Atomic is an important part I might as well post them here. Used cR instead of aH and eF because I didn't have aH when I did these tests and my eF's balance is so horrid that it loses to hS no matter what frame either of them are on.

Crash Ragnaruk 0Cross Atomic vs Hell Salamander 0Bump Atomic
cR.0C.At: 9 OS
hS.0B.At: 1 OS
3 ties
cR win rate: 90%

Crash Ragnaruk 0Cross Atomic vs Hell Salamander 0Glaive Atomic
cR.0C.At: 4 OS
hS.0G.At: 6 OS
5 ties
hS win rate: 60%

Crash Ragnaruk 0Bump Atomic vs Hell Salamander 0Glaive Atomic
cR.0B.At: 0 OS
hS.0G.At: 10 OS
2 ties
hS win rate: 100%

I don't understand why so many people have started using Bump on Atomic - it's pretty much been common knowledge since the Plastics era that Life After Death and weight distribution are more important than weight.
Nice analysis.

Bump frame doesn't perform well at opposite spin battles in general. I was always puzzled to see Bump on hS in winning combos (still couldn't know opponent at the battle, might  had been nL or bL).