Drain Fafnir Spin-Steal Combos

This is the forum for Drain Fafnir combos, please list the type and and strategies you found Grin .

To start off, a balance type is Fafnir boost revolve, major downward launch.
I don't think this deserves its own thread, and it has almost been established that dF.P/4G/7G.At/R
are so far the best dF combos against most right spin beys
(Nov. 10, 2017  7:25 AM)Mage Wrote: I don't think this deserves its own thread, and it has almost been established that dF.P/4G/7G.At/R
this may be a dumb question...but what about dF. 4/7/5G.Ds?
(Dec. 08, 2017  4:00 AM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2017  7:25 AM)Mage Wrote: I don't think this deserves its own thread, and it has almost been established that dF.P/4G/7G.At/R
this may be a dumb question...but what about dF. 4/7/5G.Ds?

I think they are still to be tested more.. but basicly it and bearing vairent are there too
Moving this to Burst Customizations. I think it's fine for it to stay open as there doesn't appear to be a dedicated Drain Fafnir combo thread yet?

To me right now, these are the most competitively viable dF combos:

Drain Fafnir 7 Glaive Destroy
Drain Fafnir 7 Glaive Ωcta
Drain Fafnir 7 Glaive Atomic
Drain Fafnir 7 Glaive Bearing

dF in general is obviously great against right-spin, but the Ωcta variant in particular is so good at shutting down right-spin Attack; it just doesn't get knocked out when you weak launch it.

The Destroy variant is also extremely competitive as it can handle opposite spin attackers as well and will outspin everything right-spin (even Atomic) except Bearing.

Revolve is still usable, but doesn't seem as competitive right now with how common Atomic is at tournaments.
(Dec. 08, 2017  8:51 AM)Kei Wrote: Moving this to Burst Customizations. I think it's fine for it to stay open as there doesn't appear to be a dedicated Drain Fafnir combo thread yet?

dF in general is obviously great against right-spin, but the Ωcta variant in particular is so good at shutting down right-spin Attack; it just doesn't get knocked out when you weak launch it.

The Destroy variant is also extremely competitive as it can handle opposite spin attackers as well and will outspin everything right-spin (even Atomic) except Bearing.

Revolve is still usable, but doesn't seem as competitive right now with how common Atomic is at tournaments.

Is Polish usable too?
(Dec. 08, 2017  1:31 PM)dt1000 Wrote: Is Polish usable too?
only with the atomic variant if u want to beat right spin stamina and defense types and get wrecked by attack but the other variants do the same thing with better performence against attack so the answer is polish makes  the combo perform worse against attack and same spin combos
Whenever 0 comes out with Spriggan Requiem I believe dF 0.G Bearing or Atomic could be a viable competitive combo.
So far I have good experience with drain with df.4v.ds
(Dec. 30, 2017  10:46 PM)Hagen Wrote: So far I have good experience with drain with df.4v.ds

Vortex is too rough for LAD and it is on the light side. Glave is better of LAD.
(Dec. 08, 2017  8:51 AM)Kei Wrote: Moving this to Burst Customizations. I think it's fine for it to stay open as there doesn't appear to be a dedicated Drain Fafnir combo thread yet?

These are awesome combos
DF.H.R is pretty good.
I swear, everyone is getting their hands on atomic, and I’m just stuck here with orbit
Honestly, I feel like the lighter the weight disc the better. In theory, it takes less energy for it to spin steal causing it to last longer in general.
I enjoy my current combo of: dF.W.Br

The lighter weight disk along with the bearing driver allows for less rotational speed to be necessary for continuous spin and spin steal.
(Feb. 21, 2018  1:54 AM)natthom Wrote: Honestly, I feel like the lighter the weight disc the better. In theory, it takes less energy for it to spin steal causing it to last longer in general.
I enjoy my current combo of: dF.W.Br

The lighter weight disk along with the bearing driver allows for less rotational speed to be necessary for continuous spin and spin steal.

That's true but you need to retain that energy as well and keep it till you OS opponent in end. So heavier weight sometimes works better. with heavier weight you also have chance to Burst opposite spin better
I think that dF.5G.Pl is good

5 goes to the left and not right, glaive is one of the best frames for LAD, and Pl is metal and unbalanced, making it easier for the bey to touch the rubber
(Feb. 26, 2018  11:43 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote: I think that dF.5G.Pl is good

5 goes to the left and not right, glaive is one of the best frames for LAD, and Pl is metal and unbalanced, making it easier for the bey to touch the rubber

Pl is not a good choice for Df, especially once it gets dirty and slow (which is very fast).  also being unbalanced is not an advantage, being easily unstablized wastes stamina and will get you bursted too often.

generally Pl is a poor performer for any combo, tbh.
(Feb. 27, 2018  5:53 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2018  11:43 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote: I think that dF.5G.Pl is good

Pl is not a good choice for Df, especially once it gets dirty and slow (which is very fast).  also being unbalanced is not an advantage, being easily unstablized wastes stamina and will get you bursted too often.

generally Pl is a poor performer for any combo, tbh.

kk