The DragonBall/Z/Super/etc. thread

I know I am typing in the DBZ thread, but I have to say my favorite moment of Goku was when he was facing Piccolo Daimao and used the move Penetrate! (AKA Fist of Oozaru, remade in GT as "Ultimate Dragon Fist") to blow a hole through Piccolo Daimao. It was so epic seeing all of Oozaru's power in Goku's one un-broken hand, straight through Piccolo Daimao. Probably my favorite moment in Dragon Ball/Z/GT.

Hate to bump, but this thread only 4 days dead, and has no reason to die.
(Jul. 31, 2011  6:25 AM)Shenron Wrote: I know I am typing in the DBZ thread, but I have to say my favorite moment of Goku was when he was facing Piccolo Daimao and used the move Penetrate! (AKA Fist of Oozaru, remade in GT as "Ultimate Dragon Fist") to blow a hole through Piccolo Daimao. It was so epic seeing all of Oozaru's power in Goku's one un-broken hand, straight through Piccolo Daimao. Probably my favorite moment in Dragon Ball/Z/GT.

Hate to bump, but this thread only 4 days dead, and has no reason to die.

IMO Gohan killing Cell was the greatest DB/Z/GT moment of all time! OF ALL TIME! (I won't let this meme die)
I agree!!! Teen Gohan and cell = priceless. But who could forget the king of destruction .....Broly.. he could've slaughtered the whole human race if he wanted to. Broly is a beast and THE most powerful villain of all time. Period.
Brolly is literally one of the worst villians in the franchise. He has no motive to kill, lol.
(Jul. 31, 2011  7:14 AM)To Wrote: Brolly is literally one of the worst villians in the franchise. He has no motive to kill, lol.

He does have the saving grace of being voiced by Vic Mignogna who is the second nicest VA I have met and one of my favorite VAs in general.
How can I not also mention Goku going SSJ3 for the first time shown? That scene can make literally ANYONE a true man.
the fight scene are epic and I love them
(Jul. 27, 2011  2:40 AM)To Wrote:
Large Photos (Click to View)

After taking a second look at those screen caps, I'd love to hear an explanation as to why Dragonball Z Kai, "the HD remake", looks 20 years older than the Dragonball Z Uncut DDs.
(Aug. 04, 2011  6:45 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: He said it was a Low quality tv rip.

That's the thing, even when I watch Dragoball Z Kai on television it looks the same as it did 15 years ago, and I have HD channels on an HDTV. If this is an HD remake it doesn't look like one at all, and I know they did something because of the opening. When the first episode came out, I thought the entire episode would look like the opening, I was wrong.
(Aug. 05, 2011  4:17 AM)Thresher Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2011  6:45 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: He said it was a Low quality tv rip.

That's the thing, even when I watch Dragoball Z Kai on television it looks the same as it did 15 years ago, and I have HD channels on an HDTV. If this is an HD remake it doesn't look like one at all, and I know they did something because of the opening. When the first episode came out, I thought the entire episode would look like the opening, I was wrong.

Well that's because it is the exact same thing. There are parts that are redone, but they are done so they look better, but very similar to the original. Other than that, looks-wise, just the colours are sharpened up slightly.

Only the opening is like the opening.
(Aug. 05, 2011  4:17 AM)Thresher Wrote:

Kai isn't a remake. It is an edited version of the 1989 Dragon Ball Z television anime series attempting to match the pace of the anime. Kai uses the exact same footage from the Z TV series, except shot, and remastered in high definition. The only new footage produced for Kai, are the opening themes, ending themes, title card, and eyecatches. Occasionally, certain shots will be recoloured by Toei staff for a variety of reasons - 1) because it's an important scene, and they want to emphasize it 2) to correct any mistakes (such as Vegeta's hair colour), or 3) to remove "obscenities".

Example:
[Image: eps_comp16-lg.png]

It goes from Manga -> Z -> Kai

As you can see with the recoloured shot, it's more vibrant, and clean than Z. This causes a problem, as the colour pallets clash. It's inherent due to Z being animated on film, where as the retouched Kai sequences are done via digital means.
There is no anime in the world except Dragon Ball Z as much as I like it the most. I am a big fan of DBZ. But unfortunately I didn't see all the DBZ movies except Lord Slug, Revenge of cooler, Return of Cooler, The Tree of might and Dead Zone. I am also a big fan of Dragon Ball & Dragon Ball GT.
Ah DBZ such memories anynoe like Dragon Ball?
I havent completely watched Dragonball but yeah it is good...my favourite movie in the DBZ series is Fusion reborn and wrath of the dragon...they are one the best anime based movies I've watched
Movie 12 (Fusion Reborn) is my favourite too, haha. It's very Toriyama in its sensibilities and just a lot of fun to watch.
Same here heh.

You know, DBGT sucked. The only saga I like was the Baby saga. It was more originally to it IMO
GT is what it is. Personally, I think it's got a bunch of good ideas simply executed poorly. I like the idea of the Dragon Ball's being used too much creating a negative force, and that negative force manifesting itself into something. But then there's crazy stuff like the Super 17 Saga which makes no sense at all. The writer's on the show had a tonne of pressure on their shoulders, and when ratings sagged were forced to switch it up, and speed through plot points. If the show had more time it likely would've developed into something better.

That said, I still absolutely adore the music in the show, and think it's by far the best of the franchise (no I'm not talking about the hideous US dub score). I also think the way Toei handled the closing episode for GT is about as bittersweet, and well done an ending we could've hoped for, even if I think Goku's a jerk for abandoning his family again.
KAME..............HAME..............HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA1
MA.........SENKO.........HAAAAAAAAA
FINAL......FLASH
BURNING...ATTACK
DESTRICTO DISK
SPECIAL BEAM CANNON
Sorry to bump this thread. A quick question to ask;

I have input 3 of the last codes from the last 3 DBZ kai episodes, and yet everytime I put in the correct code, I am only showed Episode 97, which I did not neeed the codes to unlock. Where are the supposed GT sneak peaks? Where is episode 98, the true last episode?
Funimation confirmed 98 of Kai is going to be DVD/Blu-Ray exclusive just as it was in Japan. I'm not sure why Nicktoons ran that promo.
Then what in the heck were all of these codes for? I used 3 on friday and they all got me to episode 97 which one didnt need to see the episode anyway.

Thats fine with me. Frankly I am not sure if I want to spend all that money on each Kai box set yet. My original plan was to wait it out for funimation to release combinded box sets (maybe a complete Kai series or Kai parts mashed together in larger box sets) but considering how both parts 7, and eventualy 8 are being released so late, I am not sure I can wait. I have a similar internal conflict with FMAB riight now haha

I dont know about you but Sean Scheamel isnt a good singer. Vic (voice of Edward Elric from FMA/FMAB) does the opening song for Kai on Nicktoons (strangly) and it sounds over 9000 times better than the voice of Goku singing on the Kai DVDs
I got the remastered versions of DBZ seasons 7,8 and 9 for the holidays. The difference between Kai and the original is overwhelming. 7-9 is ok, but I can see why Kai wanted to actualy end on a good note, and stop after cell games. Not to mention that 7-9 is riddeled with so much filler *chills

I was just playing Ultimate Tenchiachi...such an unbalanced game lol Gogeta 4 beats all...
Yeah, Vic magdodgeivbeicbek whatever his last name is is a really good singer. He also does the GT Remastered Theme, which I enjoy.
You know what I don't get? In Dragonball Z, they (Vegeta and Goku) had to cut their tails off to become Super Saiyan. But then in Dragonball GT, Goku (and possible Vegeta) had to grow his tail back, to reach Super Saiyan 4. I find that dumb. I mean, why not just turn Super Saiyan when they had their tails on??
They didn't HAVE to...it was just done in the anime.