The DragonBall/Z/Super/etc. thread

i love dragon ballz i have a whole scrapbook whole made by be from pic's to lamination and front cover to
(Mar. 27, 2011  9:46 PM)To Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2011  5:01 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: GT had the least repetition.
Dragon ball had the most

No, Z's the most repetitive. The entire series can be divided into three archs where the villains all have similar goals and intentions whom where all defeated in similar manners.

Hah,
1) villain kicks a$$
2) stronger guy comes. Starting to kick the villains bum.
3) villain transforms
2) repeat 1-3
3) someone either transforms, or powers up A LOT.
4) bye bye villain, big blast.
(Mar. 28, 2011  2:43 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote:
Dragon ball had the most

No, Z's the most repetitive. The entire series can be divided into three archs where the villains all have similar goals and intentions whom where all defeated in similar manners.

Hah,
1) villain kicks a$$
3) villain transforms
2) repeat 1-3

You just explained the whole show in that one post.
i like dbz most but just 1/1000 less than beyblade.
i like vegeta much and gogeta(fusion of goku and vegeta)
dbz gt is super in that brolly rockzzzz the goku.

how ever atlast vegeta is more power full.
It's not DBZ GT, that means Dragon Ball Z: Grand Tour, It's DBGT, i.e. Dragon Ball: Grand Tour.

Edit: I made a typo, it was actually Grand Tour, not Great Transformation
(Mar. 28, 2011  6:40 PM)Electric Wrote: It's not DBZ GT, that means Dragon Ball Z: Grand Transformation, It's DBGT.

Thanks for posting that. I thought GT just meant GT.
(Mar. 28, 2011  6:50 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2011  6:40 PM)Electric Wrote: It's not DBZ GT, that means Dragon Ball Z: Grand Transformation, It's DBGT.

I made a typo, it was Grand Tour, not Great Transformation.
(Mar. 28, 2011  6:56 PM)Electric Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2011  6:50 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote:

I made a typo, it was Grand Tour, not Great Transformation.

Oh yeah, I remember on the opening it said "Welcome to the Grand Tour."
(Mar. 28, 2011  3:33 PM)kai hitwari Wrote: I like DBZ the most but just 1/1000 less than beyblade.
i like vegeta alot and gogeta(fusion of goku and vegeta).
DBGT is super in that Broly rocks then Goku.
However Vegeta is much more powerful.

Dbz is ten times better than beyblade because

Dragon ball z: Cool show that is pretty original and has exploisions

Beyblade: A toy commercial

As you can see DBZ wins.

PS You almost mispelled every word in your post so i fixed it.
I'm a fan of DBZ, but it's far from original.

Hah, is it suprising that he likes beyblade more than DBZ on a beyblade forum?
i watched dragonball, dragonball Z and Dragonball GT (not as good as the first 2) in the summer (including movies)
my eyes hurt
(Mar. 29, 2011  2:32 AM)momiji manju Wrote: I'm a fan of DBZ, but it's far from original.

Hah, is it suprising that he likes beyblade more than DBZ on a beyblade forum?

To be fair to Dragon Ball, a lot of the story concepts, and motivations are what all following shonen received inspiration from. Though, Dragon Ball itself isn't the most original when you consider that certain story archs are based off of The Journey To The West, Terminator, and Alien.
(Mar. 28, 2011  2:43 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote:
Dragon ball had the most

Hah,
1) villain kicks a$$
3) villain transforms
2) repeat 1-3

This really IS the entire series. Needs a spoiler tag xD

Also, anyone who talks about GT without completely dismissing it isn't a true fan of DB. That show was garbage...

Seriously.
But meh.

Favorite Z Arc is the Freiza arc, because, even though the rest of the show is still awesome, up to the end of this arc, the show wasn't ridiculous. Seriously, in that 30 second scene where Goku becomes Super Saiyan for the first time, Power Levels are rendered pointless.

* fragbait still wants an IRL scouter toy...
It's nice to see you're as elitist as ever Fragbait.
(Mar. 31, 2011  6:54 PM)To Wrote: It's nice to see you're as elitist as ever Fragbait.

Not particularly Stupid I just don't like when spinoffs sully the name of a classic show like DBZ.
There were moments of GT that weren't ridiculous, but seriously... ugh... that's a thread all it's own.
I do find it funny that you damn GT for sullying Z, since Z does that to the manga, and arguably has ruined the name of Dragon Ball further than the likes of GT, Evolution, and the storm that was Kai combined.
(Mar. 31, 2011  6:59 PM)To Wrote: I do find it funny that you damn GT for sullying Z, since Z does that to the manga, and arguably has ruined the name of Dragon Ball further than the likes of GT, Evolution, and the shitstorm that was Kai combined.

Eh... I haven't seen enough of Kai to make a judgment. One of my friends has been watching and he said it's alright.

Also, GT v Z and Z Anime v Z Manga is totally different. DBZ the anime got no different treatment than any other Shonen manga (that I'm aware of) when it goes through animation. While there are things that I don't like (my biggest gripe with the series is it's handling of the Cell vs Gohan fight) it still brought excitement to my TV weekly, and even after reading most of the Manga (to the end of Cell) I still had little problem with it.

Whereas GT had no manga, wasn't written by Toriyama, and had no real originality of it's own to distinguish itself from the original franchise.
But I digress, this isn't a discussion for this thread. Unless it's now a general Dragon Ball thread, in which case, I can bs about it all day.

(also, might wanna clean up that post a bit. Don't wanna see you get warned over it, you know what I'm talking about xD)
I'm not talking about Z's animation. It's good enough for how it was produced.

I'm talking about the filler that changes characters (lol Chi-Chi), creates nonsense that shouldn't exist (lol Garlic Jr.), and completely ruins the pacing of the story. For many years Dragon Ball was the joke series in anime circles because of the extremely poor pacing. While one can say Toriyama's manga can be jumpy (it doesn't transition as cleanly as the anime), no one could ever claim it had the pacing speed of a snail. It's damaging because unlike GT, and unlike Evolution (but like Kai...) people actually saw Z, and people actually think Z's a 100% representation of the entire franchise, when it's not even a great adaptation of its manga storyline. The fact that Akira Toriyama never drew a Dragon Ball "Z" should put alarm bells that it's not exactly as literal an adaptation it could've been.
(Mar. 31, 2011  7:19 PM)To Wrote: I'm not talking about Z's animation. It's good enough for how it was produced.

I'm talking about the filler that changes characters (lol Chi-Chi), creates nonsense that shouldn't exist (lol Garlic Jr.), and completely ruins the pacing of the story. For many years Dragon Ball was the joke series in anime circles because of the extremely poor pacing. While one can say Toriyama's manga can be jumpy (it doesn't transition as cleanly as the anime), no one could ever claim it had the pacing speed of a snail. It's damaging because unlike GT, and unlike Evolution (but like Kai...) people actually saw Z, and people actually think Z's a 100% representation of the entire franchise, when it's not even a great adaptation of its manga storyline. The fact that Akira Toriyama never drew a Dragon Ball "Z" should put alarm bells that it's not exactly as literal an adaptation it could've been.

Never said anything about production values here.
And a lot of that nonsense can probably be chalked up to filler, which is necessary in long running shonen such as DB.
Also, Toriyama DID draw DBZ, it just wasn't called Z until later. It was originally the last 20 something volumes of the Manga.
No, Akira Toriyama never wrote a Dragon Ball "Z". He just wrote Dragon Ball.

Viz's english publication names that later half of the series Dragon Ball "Z", but that has nothing to do with Toriyama and has everything to do with incredibly lazy marketing.
Lol; a Dragonball SD manga (chapter 2) just came out. When you lot get the chance to reading it, you have to read it in chibi voice, it'll make things more entertaining ^^.
What's the SD in it mean?

Ahah, is it different from normal dragon ball manga?
Well better start watching the buu saga. Anyone know a good website to watch it on
(Apr. 14, 2011  12:27 AM)scipio Wrote: Well better start watching the buu saga. Anyone know a good website to watch it on

Youtube?
Well that where I watched it.

I wander is Gohan SSJ2 stronger than Broly? (second coming Broly)

When Gohan fought Broly in second coming he lost but I don't think he was SSJ2 but obviously Gohan could become SSJ2.

Also what does the J in SSJ stand for?
The J stands for "Jin" as in "Super Saiya-Jin" or "Supa Saiya-Jin".

Super Saiya-Jin is the Japanese name.

Super Saiyan is the English name.

English: SS
Japanese: SSJ

SSJ looks better, sounds better etc. and is by for mare used for an abbreviation than SS.