[Draft]  Metal Wheel - Jade

(Sep. 04, 2018  2:25 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  2:22 AM)jade_juper Wrote: So My tests are invalid? If so, why?

Jade has a bad reputation, nobody wants to use it because of that. This reputation is undeserved however, and should be changed. Also, Jade is very difficult to acquire.

Because 5 rounds is too little testing (20 rounds is typical), the part has been out for years so testing for it has already been done and it's very obvious you have a heavy bias in favor of the part so I'm wary about things you say about it

Well the last thing makes sense, but I have 1 question. How can you be sure that whoever tested Jade V.S Earth before didn't hate Jade and Love Earth?

I can do 20 rounds, that isn't a problem. I'll re-upload the results.
I should point out that using Flash is pretty irrelevant for the tests for limited format as users of Jade or Earth would not use it against Flash, as that's banned in limited, but rather an attack type wheel that's in the Limited format.
(Sep. 04, 2018  2:31 AM)Jinbee Wrote: I should point out that using Flash is pretty irrelevant for the tests for limited format as users of Jade or Earth would not use it against Flash, as that's banned in limited, but rather an attack type wheel that's in the Limited format.

I know, I wanted to put Jade and Earth against extremely powerful opponents to make sure that they could beat it. They did, but Jade did it better. Once I get the same results again but 20 times, I'll post them up.
(Sep. 04, 2018  3:00 AM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  2:31 AM)Jinbee Wrote: I should point out that using Flash is pretty irrelevant for the tests for limited format as users of Jade or Earth would not use it against Flash, as that's banned in limited, but rather an attack type wheel that's in the Limited format.

I know, I wanted to put Jade and Earth against extremely powerful opponents to make sure that they could beat it. They did, but Jade did it better. Once I get the same results again but 20 times, I'll post them up.

Yeah, but while it proves Jade could (possibly) handle Flash better than Earth can, it won't tell us how it would do in limited format, as the attack type wheels there perform differently from Flash and may have different results. Using one attack wheel and assuming the results it has will be the same results as what happens in limited format doesn't work.
(Sep. 04, 2018  3:53 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  3:00 AM)jade_juper Wrote: I know, I wanted to put Jade and Earth against extremely powerful opponents to make sure that they could beat it. They did, but Jade did it better. Once I get the same results again but 20 times, I'll post them up.

Yeah, but while it proves Jade could (possibly) handle Flash better than Earth can, it won't tell us how it would do in limited format, as the attack type wheels there perform differently from Flash and may have different results. Using one attack wheel and assuming the results it has will be the same results as what happens in limited format doesn't work.

Well, I'm trying to prove that Jade is better than Earth. So long as I am consistent with Jade and Earth combos and the Flash combo, the opponent shouldn't matter because one wheel (Jade) is better than the other (Earth).
(Sep. 04, 2018  3:58 AM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  3:53 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Yeah, but while it proves Jade could (possibly) handle Flash better than Earth can, it won't tell us how it would do in limited format, as the attack type wheels there perform differently from Flash and may have different results. Using one attack wheel and assuming the results it has will be the same results as what happens in limited format doesn't work.

Well, I'm trying to prove that Jade is better than Earth. So long as I am consistent with Jade and Earth combos and the Flash combo, the opponent shouldn't matter because one wheel (Jade) is better than the other (Earth).

Like I said before, Flash isn't going to give the same results as the attack wheels from Limited, because many attack wheels tend to have different properties, such as opposite spin, so stamina could be a factor, whether the beyblade has more or less stamina, and where the attack type hits on the wheel, because Earth and Jade are shaped differently all around. So the opponent should absolutely matter.
(Sep. 04, 2018  4:02 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  3:58 AM)jade_juper Wrote: Well, I'm trying to prove that Jade is better than Earth. So long as I am consistent with Jade and Earth combos and the Flash combo, the opponent shouldn't matter because one wheel (Jade) is better than the other (Earth).

Like I said before, Flash isn't going to give the same results as the attack wheels from Limited, because many attack wheels tend to have different properties, such as opposite spin, so stamina could be a factor, whether the beyblade has more or less stamina, and where the attack type hits on the wheel, because Earth and Jade are shaped differently all around. So the opponent should absolutely matter.

I can get spin direction. Both combos when put on say RS would lose to say Meteo.

What you're saying is that Earth and Jade have different performance, which I agree with. Meteo is pretty much the only great spinstealer to be honest. something like Lightning L Drago will most likely get beaten very easily and spin steal nearly nothing. Flash can KO almost anything, so I don't really understand why you think that the results will be incompareable. If they can consistently beat Flash, that means that pretty much nothing but Meteo L drago will be taking them down in terms of defense. I could test it against a stamina type combination, I suppose, but RS is a tank tip, so it is unlikely that it would win.

(Sep. 04, 2018  2:25 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  2:22 AM)jade_juper Wrote: So My tests are invalid? If so, why?

Jade has a bad reputation, nobody wants to use it because of that. This reputation is undeserved however, and should be changed. Also, Jade is very difficult to acquire.

Because 5 rounds is too little testing (20 rounds is typical), the part has been out for years so testing for it has already been done and it's very obvious you have a heavy bias in favor of the part so I'm wary about things you say about it

Alright, so you don't trust me. Why don't you test it for yourself and see?
(Aug. 27, 2018  2:59 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==
Jade is a 4D Fusion Wheel designed for Defense that features four large counter-clockwise blades. As part of the 4D System, Jade is composed of two parts, a Metal Core and Metal Frame, which can be adjusted for two modes, "Endurance Mode" and "Defense Mode". Jade's Frame contains the Wheel's primary gimmick, four balls on tracks akin to the GB145 Track.

In Endurance Mode the four balls can move freely on the tracks and, in theory, would move outward due to centrifugal force to increase Outward-Weight-Distribution and Stamina Potential and would move inward when spin speeds drops to increase Centralized-Weight-Distribution and Defense potential. In Defense Mode, the metal balls are locked into the inner position to maintain the higher Centralized-Weight-Distribution throughout the battle. In practice however, the small size of and short distance traveled by the metal balls is too small to create any noticeable effect.

Furthermore, due to the design of the gimmick, Jade features numerous gaps in its perimeter that both creates recoil and makes the Wheel light compared to many other 4D Wheels, severely hindering Defense Potential.

==Overall==
Jade features an ineffective gimmick, a recoil producing design and comparatively light weight, making it outclassed by many other Wheels such as Duo or Death. In Limited Format however, Jade can be used in Defense Combinations as its weight can compensate for its recoil, but is still outclassed by Wheels such as Earth due to Jade's relatively poor Stamina.

As such, Jade is a welcome addition to any blader's collection

==Differences in the non-Hyperblades Hasbro Version==
Hasbro's release of Jade, like all other 4D Fusion Wheels, had been heavily simplified compared to the Takara Tomy release. Hasbro's Jade is of a one piece construction, which removes the mode change gimmick and keeps the Wheel in "Defense Mode", and is very hollowed out, making it much lighter. While the shape of the Wheel is near identical to its Takara Tomy counterpart its lighter weight cannot overcome the Wheel's recoil.

As such, Hasbro's Jade is recommended for collection purposes only.

However, the Jade Wheel released as part of the Hyperblades System is completely identical to the Takara Tomy release which also makes it a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

That's as much as I'm willing to give the Jade wheel. I've ask 1234Beyblade on their thoughts on the Wheel, which was for Pure Defense combos only. I and many others will still say that Earth is still better due to Stamina and no, the Stamina Mode does nothing
(Sep. 05, 2018  1:28 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2018  2:59 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==
Jade is a 4D Fusion Wheel designed for Defense that features four large counter-clockwise blades. As part of the 4D System, Jade is composed of two parts, a Metal Core and Metal Frame, which can be adjusted for two modes, "Endurance Mode" and "Defense Mode". Jade's Frame contains the Wheel's primary gimmick, four balls on tracks akin to the GB145 Track.

In Endurance Mode the four balls can move freely on the tracks and, in theory, would move outward due to centrifugal force to increase Outward-Weight-Distribution and Stamina Potential and would move inward when spin speeds drops to increase Centralized-Weight-Distribution and Defense potential. In Defense Mode, the metal balls are locked into the inner position to maintain the higher Centralized-Weight-Distribution throughout the battle. In practice however, the small size of and short distance traveled by the metal balls is too small to create any noticeable effect.

Furthermore, due to the design of the gimmick, Jade features numerous gaps in its perimeter that both creates recoil and makes the Wheel light compared to many other 4D Wheels, severely hindering Defense Potential.

==Overall==
Jade features an ineffective gimmick, a recoil producing design and comparatively light weight, making it outclassed by many other Wheels such as Duo or Death. In Limited Format however, Jade can be used in Defense Combinations as its weight can compensate for its recoil, but is still outclassed by Wheels such as Earth due to Jade's relatively poor Stamina.

As such, Jade is a welcome addition to any blader's collection

==Differences in the non-Hyperblades Hasbro Version==
Hasbro's release of Jade, like all other 4D Fusion Wheels, had been heavily simplified compared to the Takara Tomy release. Hasbro's Jade is of a one piece construction, which removes the mode change gimmick and keeps the Wheel in "Defense Mode", and is very hollowed out, making it much lighter. While the shape of the Wheel is near identical to its Takara Tomy counterpart its lighter weight cannot overcome the Wheel's recoil.

As such, Hasbro's Jade is recommended for collection purposes only.

However, the Jade Wheel released as part of the Hyperblades System is completely identical to the Takara Tomy release which also makes it a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

That's as much as I'm willing to give the Jade wheel. I've ask 1234Beyblade on their thoughts on the Wheel, which was for Pure Defense combos only. I and many others will still say that Earth is still better due to Stamina and no, the Stamina Mode does nothing

Alright, as you say then. I still feel that it beat Earth. I'll run more tests just to verify what you said though.

On a separate note, how good is the Jupiter energy ring?