Discussion: Is Geist Fafnir Good?

Well... the title says it all. Is it good? Should I buy it, even if I don't have a good L-Launcher or the Proof Frame? Or should I go with Shadow Amaterios? A fast response would be appreciated :)
Well, I think gF is mediocre.

8’ is not widely used so I don’t know.

Proof has supposedly the best LAD, but there aren’t a lot of tests.

If you have tt dual spin string launcher, you’re fine.

Absorb, in my experience is unpredictable. Sometimes it acts stamina-like (joint best outcome), sometimes it goes around the edge, sometimes it kos itself, and sometimes (other joint best outcome) goes full Winged Launch and bounces off the walls to deliver a huge attack.

I think you should go Shadow Amaterios for the disk and driver. I’m not sure about the layer though.
Thanks HyperBey123! I'm probably going to get sA but I guess we should talk about the competitive viability of gF.
I'd probably stick with amaterios imo.

Geist is alright, but same spin stamina matchups kill it. Scratch that, any same spin matchup involving Cho-Z players. I'd probably be more likely to use Sr over gF against hS or bL, just because the former has less rubber and a rounder shape, therefore allowing it to conserve more stamina.

Besides, Amaterios comes with a 0 disk and a Xtreme' driver, which is superior IMO to the 8' and Absorb.

Geist Fafnir isn't really awful, I would just use my money to get some more solid parts before considering gF and that fun Absorb driver at all.

On a side note (two, actually) hello! It's been a while since I've actually responded to any of your posts.

Another side note: absorb seems to have good LAD in conjunction with the glaive frame over the proof frame???

I used it in casual matchups (hS.7G.Ab against wV.10P.At and it surprised me. Proof has those weird bumps I wish I could sand down since they kind of get in the way (but the frame has the weight to kind of compensate I guess... :/)

Edit: already got your answer I guess :/

But anyways, hi again @[BlackMirror]
(Oct. 27, 2018  6:28 AM)Dragunix Wrote: I'd probably stick with amaterios imo.

Geist is alright, but same spin stamina matchups kill it. Scratch that, any same spin matchup involving Cho-Z players. I'd probably be more likely to use Sr over gF against hS or bL, just because the former has less rubber and a rounder shape, therefore allowing it to conserve more stamina.

Besides, Amaterios comes with a 0 disk and a Xtreme' driver, which is superior IMO to the 8' and Absorb.

Geist Fafnir isn't really awful, I would just use my money to get some more solid parts before considering gF and that fun Absorb driver at all.

On a side note (two, actually) hello! It's been a while since I've actually responded to any of your posts.

Another side note: absorb seems to have good LAD in conjunction with the glaive frame over the proof frame???

I used it in casual matchups (hS.7G.Ab against wV.10P.At and it surprised me. Proof has those weird bumps I wish I could sand down since they kind of get in the way (but the frame has the weight to kind of compensate I guess... Uncertain)

Edit: already got your answer I guess Uncertain

But anyways, hi again @[BlackMirror]

Nice to meet you again too! It's okay if I already got my question; we can discuss gF here.
Well, I don’t think an answered Q&A thread will attract many people. Maybe a discussion thread?
About the Proof frame, it only comes in the launcher set. It doesn't seem like you are buying that, so get Shadow Amaterios instead. I don't know about pricing though, since Shadow Amaterios is rare...?
(Oct. 27, 2018  8:30 PM)Armor Wrote: About the Proof frame, it only comes in the launcher set. It doesn't seem like you are buying that, so get Shadow Amaterios instead. I don't know about pricing though, since Shadow Amaterios is rare...?

Shadow Amaterios isn't too expensive at $30.
Then definitely buy Shadow Amaterios, since Geist Fafnir + the launcher set is around $50-60.
Mods please change this to Beyblade General because it used to be a question, but now it's a Discussion thread. Or take no action if there's already a thread for this.
@[Jinbee] @[Mage] @[Frostic Fox]
(Oct. 27, 2018  8:37 PM)BlackMirror Wrote: Mods please change this to Beyblade General because it used to be a question, but now it's a Discussion thread. Or take no action if there's already a thread for this.

For general discussion of Geist Fafnir, please use the official product thread.

If there is more to add to answering the question, feel free to keep talking about that much here. But yeah, an official discussion thread already exists.
(Oct. 27, 2018  9:35 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2018  8:37 PM)BlackMirror Wrote: Mods please change this to Beyblade General because it used to be a question, but now it's a Discussion thread. Or take no action if there's already a thread for this.

For general discussion of Geist Fafnir, please use the official product thread.

If there is more to add to answering the question, feel free to keep talking about that much here. But yeah, an official discussion thread already exists.

Totally forgot about that haha. 
Thanks for reminding me.
Giest fafnir is pretty good i reckomend it Smile
(Oct. 29, 2018  8:18 AM)Ilikedumdum Wrote: Giest fafnir is pretty good i reckomend it Smile

Just wondering, have you done tests or something? What makes you say it is good? I love Geist Fafnir, but I'm not too happy with the competitiveness of the parts.
(Oct. 29, 2018  11:44 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2018  8:18 AM)Ilikedumdum Wrote: Giest fafnir is pretty good i reckomend it Smile

Just wondering, have you done tests or something? What makes you say it is good? I love Geist Fafnir, but I'm not too happy with the competitiveness of the parts.
Nah i just like it
Geist Fafnir is maybe... a little bit more than average in battle, but when it comes to Fafnir vs left spin beys, it might win but it has a lower chance of doing so.
(Sep. 18, 2019  2:55 AM)The XV Blader Wrote: Geist Fafnir is maybe... a little bit more than average in battle, but when it comes to Fafnir vs left spin beys, it might win but it has a lower chance of doing so.

Please Don't Revive An Old Thread, If The Question Is Already Answered Then There's No Need To Post Here Smile
(Oct. 27, 2018  6:13 AM)BlackMirror Wrote: Well... the title says it all. Is it good? Should I buy it, even if I don't have a good L-Launcher or the Proof Frame? Or should I go with Shadow Amaterios? A fast response would be appreciated Smile

I’m a fafnir fan. Are both TT?