Diablo Discussion

Could somebody try this as Diablo Kerbecs BD145 Rubber Sharp? Could be interesting.
All the stamina of a brick, and almost as interesting.
Are you implying it was bad, or implying it was good?

Edit: Wait, now I get it, never mind.
Test results posted:

It seems that Diablo is a good counter to Blitz, VariAres, and Beat Smile

MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145RDF vs. Blitz Unicorno 85RF

DK won: 15 matches: 75%
BU won: 5 matches: 25%

Diablo Tank vs. MF-H VariAres 85RF

DK won: 18 matches: 90%
VA won: 2 matches: 10%

Diablo Tank vs. MF Beat Lynx 85RF

DK won: 18 matches: 90%
BL won: 2 matches: 10%
Erm can you use things on their best heights if you don't mind. Vari and Bear aren't used on low tracks.
Oh, sorry, I will post tests as soon as I get home. R145 for VariAres and GB145 for Beat, right?
Or are they're any other tracks that I NEED to test with them?
Vari is passable on 85 but it's certainly not as good as CH120 and R145, and just silly to use against BD145, which absorbs all hits from low track attackers. Blitz is better at everything on CH120 than other tracks, despite the listng of a low track in the competitive combos thread and on the beywiki, it does significantly better when getting metal-on-metal contact (all attackers do).

Furthermore, MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145RDF is merely a sensible weight-based defense combination, of course it's doing well against attackers.

Testing against MF-F Phantom (Attack) Cancer AD145RF is the only thing I'd be interested in against it, because it's the only attacker, which, if it survives being KO'd, has a good chance of beating it by OS.

But yeah, for general testing, MF-H Variares CH120/R145RF, MF-H Blitz UnicornoII CH120R2F/RF, and MF Sorry, MF-H Beat Lynx GB145RF (which needs extreme banking iirc).
Should be MF-H Beat Lynx GB145RF.

And yes, you do need to bank really deep.
I vaguely recalled it being specifically one of the two heavy faces. 50/50 split, you win roughly half, you lose half (given a sufficient number of runs) :\

I'll go fix that.
I was bored, so i decided to contribute.

MF Diablo Nemesis GB145 RF (MINT) vs. MF-H Death Aquario BD145 CS (CALM)

MF Diablo Nemesis GB145 RF: 14 Wins (14 KO)
MF-H Death Aquario BD145 CS: 6 Wins (5 OS, 1 KO)

2 Draw's (Redone)
Diablo win percentage: 70%

MF Diablo Nemesis H145 RF (MINT) vs. MF-H Death Aquario BD145 CS (CALM)

MF Diablo Nemesis H145 RF: 15 Wins (15 KO)
MF-H Death Aquario BD145 CS: 5 Wins (3 OS, 2 KO)

3 Draw's (Redone)
Diablo win percentage: 75%

Benchmark Testing:
Standard Procedure:
  • MFB Attack Stadium
  • Beylauncher L/R and 3 Segment Launcher Grip
  • Attack launched second
  • RF MINT and CS CALM

I know Diablo has been out for quite a long time and has been tested enough but i was bored so i decided to do some testing. Also i couldn't test against Duo since mine hasn't arrived yet.
(Feb. 23, 2012  6:40 PM)th!nk Wrote: Testing against MF-F Phantom (Attack) Cancer AD145RF is the only thing I'd be interested in against it, because it's the only attacker, which, if it survives being KO'd, has a good chance of beating it by OS.

But yeah, for general testing, MF-H Variares CH120/R145RF, MF-H Blitz UnicornoII CH120R2F/RF, and MF Sorry, MF-H Beat Lynx GB145RF (which needs extreme banking iirc).

Might as well do it:

MF-F Phantom (Stamina) Cygnus AD145RF vs. MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145RDF
MF-F Phantom Cygnus AD145RF win rate: 19/20 (1 KO, 18 OS)
MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145RDF win rate: 1/20 (1 KO)
Phantom win percent: 95%

MF-F Phantom (Attack) Cygnus AD145RF vs. MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145RDF
MF-F Phantom Cygnus AD145RF win rate: 20/20 (20 OS)
MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145RDF win rate: 0/20
Phantom win percent: 100%

IDK but Attack always seemed more passive to me, but okay. (that 1 KO was followed up by numerous other close calls and then nada with Attack mode)

MF VariAres (worn) CH120RF vs. MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145RDF
MF VariAres (worn) CH120RF win rate: 11/20 (11 KO)
MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145RDF win rate: 9/20 (7 KO, 2 OS)
VariAres win percent: 55%

I used my worn one because I thought with Diablo's recoil, speed + grip + even a half-working VariAres it would do well..
This match up seems like a random KO bout where whichever bey has a wall to fall back on will win. You can strategically place VariAres so that when it makes first contact with Diablo it will have a wall to save itself consistently, and therefore win consistently. Those were not the results I put up, obviously, but I got around 80-90% that way.

This is with a worn VariAres, though, so I'm not sure if that actually helps its case or not.. I'd like to assume a new VariAres works better, but maybe not..

Anyway, not the giant I thought I'd face by any means.