Destroyer Dome Set Draft

Quote:==Contents==
* Destroyer Dome Stadium
* BB-94B Tornado (Cyclone) Herculeo 105F (Gold highlights on opaque Red Clear Wheel, Metallic Red Track and Bottom)
* B-136 Screw (Spiral) Fox 130D (Red highlights on opaque Blue Clear Wheel, Metallic Blue Track and Bottom)
* 2 Destroyer Dome Tracks (V61 (Red and V-Shaped), G68 (Blue & Gear Indents))
* 2 Ripcord Launchers
* Destroyer Dome decals

==General Info==
The Destroyer Dome is a 360° sphere, with two entrances protruding out, and is supported by four stands. The Dome can be taken apart by removing the pegs which attach onto the four stands, and by removing the upper part of the sphere, which is detachable. The sphere has two parts, one upper body, and a lower one.
The intention of this Set is to try to get your Beyblade to outspin the opponents. To do so, you must attach a Destroyer Dome Spin Track onto the Beyblade, which replaces a regular Track and protrudes out of the Metal Wheel, thus covering up any contact that the Metal Wheel should make. The Destroyer Dome Spin Tracks allows the Beyblade to angle itself into position, and get a good grip onto the surface, to perform 360 degree rotations around the stadium.

==Overall==
This set is comprised of a few useful parts. Fox is a strangely designed Clear Wheel, and is not balanced like other Clear Wheels such as Cygnus and Cancer, and is therefore useless in combos. Screw can be used as a decent Attack Metal Wheel, but is outclassed heavily by newer Metal Wheels, such as VariAres and Flash. 105 can be used in some Stamina and Attack combinations, but 85, 90, and 100 are all much better choices. 130 is a decent Track, but can be substituted for other tracks at the same height such as S130, which add weight and do not cover up contact points. D is a top-tier Stamina Tip, but can be acquired elsewhere, and F is completely outclassed as an Attack Tip. Even though there are some useful parts within this set, they can be obtained much more easily in cheaper sets, such as Screw Capricorne 90MF (Spiral Capricorn) from Hasbro and Vulcan Horuseus 145D. The Destroyer Dome is completely useless; as each battles will only last a mere 5-10 seconds, and the fact that the Destroyer Dome Spin Tracks are illegal in both WBO sanctioned tournaments and Hasbro Tournaments, it renders the whole set useless, minus the actual Beyblade parts. Furthermore, launching in this stadium is very difficult, as you need to position your launcher correctly into the holes, and you need to be very quick at this if there is not a second person to assist with the second launch. Due to the price, outclassed parts, and useless Dome comprised in this set, it is therefore a useless Set to be purchased, and should only be considered for collection purposes only.

What else should I add? I didn't add much about competitiveness(don't think there's much to add, haha) etc, because not sure if this would be classified as a "stadium" ...

Edits would be helpful. Smile
You could add that Hasbro is trying to promote this set with releases such as The Toy's 'R' Us Exclusive Variares.
(Sep. 26, 2012  11:13 AM)Cannon Wrote: It is a 360° sphere, with two entrances protruding out, and is supported by four stands. The Dome can be taken apart by removing the pegs which attach onto the four stands, and by removing the upper part of the sphere, which is detachable.

The intention of this Set is to try to get your Beyblade to outspin the opponents. To do so, you must attach a Destroyer Dome Spin Track onto the Beyblade, which replaces a regular Spin Track and protrudes out of the Metal Wheel, thus covering up any contact that the Metal Wheel would make. The Destroyer Dome Spin Tracks allow the Beyblade to angle itself into position, and get a good grip onto the surface, to perform 360 degree rotations around the stadium.

I fixed the spelling of "protrude" and I removed a semi-colon from one of the sentences.

Make sure to include product numbers, and put the Hasbro name in parentheses.

Quote:*BB-94B Tornado (Cyclone) Herculeo 105F
*B-136 Screw (Spiral) Fox 130D

Also, maybe mention that they both have opaque Clear Wheels.
Quote: Therefore, this set should only be purchased for collection purposes only.
The only grammar mistake I've seen in this one. It looks kinda slopy if you use the word "only" twise in the same scentense to explain the same thing.
I'd like to say two things:
1. Change all mentions of "spin track" to track.
2. I see Cyclone Herculeo's name was kept as it's original name Tornado Herculeo. Why not do the same with "Spiral" Fox?
(Sep. 26, 2012  9:35 PM)Eternal-E Wrote:
Quote: Therefore, this set should only be purchased for collection purposes only.
The only grammar mistake I've seen in this one. It looks kinda slopy if you use the word "only" twise in the same scentense to explain the same thing.

Never do grammar and spelling checks for others if you can't be bothered to spell "sloppy" correctly when posting.

(Sep. 26, 2012  1:36 PM)Akio314 Wrote: You could add that Hasbro is trying to promote this set with releases such as The Toy's 'R' Us Exclusive Variares.

Like this .. ?

"Due to the lack of sales of The Destroyer Dome, Hasbro has alternatively provided two Dome Spin Tracks into a Toys R Us Exclusive VariAres 145WB Set to boost their sales."

CrabCommando Wrote:I'd like to say two things:
2. I see Cyclone Herculeo's name was kept as it's original name Tornado Herculeo. Why not do the same with "Spiral" Fox?

1. Are you referring to the regular Tracks, or Destroyer Dome Tracks .. ?
2. Ah, I forgot; but I've changed it now.

Imperial Wrote:Also, maybe mention that they both have opaque Clear Wheels.

Opaque red/blue? or just opaque ..

Eternal-E Wrote:The only grammar mistake I've seen in this one. It looks kinda slopy if you use the word "only" twise in the same scentense to explain the same thing.

Fixed..

For this type of thing, given the nature of the set and its gimmicks, state that recreational players would possibly find interest in owning this se as well.
Is it necessarily selling poorly ? It recently got named one of the top toys for Christmas by Wal-Mart, so I doubt they would choose a set that is not selling so well, even if it comes from a popular series.
(Sep. 26, 2012  11:13 AM)Cannon Wrote:
* Destroyer Dome Stadium
* BB-94B Tornado (Cyclone) Herculeo 105F (Gold highlights on opaque Clear Wheel, Metallic Red Track and Bottom)
* B-136 Screw (Spiral) Fox 130D (Red highlights on opaque Clear Wheel, Metallic Blue Track and Bottom)
* 2 Ripcord Launchers
* Destroyer Dome Sticker Sheet

==General Info==
The Destroyer Dome is a 360° sphere, with two entrances protruding out, and is supported by four stands. The Dome can be taken apart by removing the pegs which attach onto the four stands, and by removing the upper part of the sphere, which is detachable. The sphere has two parts, one upper body, and a lower one.
The intention of this Set is to try to get your Beyblade to outspin the opponents. To do so, you must attach a Destroyer Dome Spin Track onto the Beyblade, which replaces a regular Spin Track and protrudes out of the Metal Wheel, thus covering up any contact that the Metal Wheel should make. The Destroyer Dome Spin Tracks allow the Beyblade to angle itself into position, and get a good grip onto the surface, to perform 360 degree rotations around the stadium.

==Overall==
This set is comprised of a few useful parts. Spiral can be used as a decent Attack Metal Wheel, but is outclassed heavily by newer Metal Wheels, such as Flash. 105 can be used in some Stamina and Attack combinations, but 85, 90, and 100 are all much better choices, and D is a top-tier tip for Stamina. Even though there are some useful parts within this set, they can be obtained much more easily and in cheaper sets, such as Screw Capricorne 90MF (Spiral Capricorn) from Hasbro and Vulcan Horuseus 145D. The Destroyer Dome is completely useless; as each battles will only last a mere 5-10 seconds, and the fact that the Destroyer Dome Spin Tracks are illegal in both WBO sanctioned tournaments and Hasbro Tournaments, it renders the whole set useless, minus the actual Beyblade parts. Furthermore, launching in this stadium is very difficult, as you need to position your launcher correctly into the holes, and you need to be very quick at this if there is not a second person to assist with the second launch. Therefore, this set should be purchased for collection purposes only.

What else should I add? I didn't add much about competitiveness(don't think there's much to add, haha) etc, because not sure if this would be classified as a "stadium" ...

Edits would be helpful. Smile

I suppose we could classify this as the stadium... Not sure on that though, since it's a dome.

Didn't really change much, just added a few words here and there. Looks like a pretty solid draft, good job.

Also, drop the part about it not selling well. We don't have anything to really back that up (such as sales reports), so it would be putting down potentially incorrect and untrue information, which is what we need to avoid.

Ah, thanks. Smile

Should I add a part saying that this Set may attract recreational players etc. ? Mmm, just need some opinions, as WBO is all about competitiveness, and not recreational fun..
I would leave it out. But that's just me.
(Sep. 27, 2012  5:41 AM)Cannon Wrote:
CrabCommando Wrote:I'd like to say two things:

1. Are you referring to the regular Tracks, or Destroyer Dome Tracks .. ?
2. Ah, I forgot; but I've changed it now.
The regular Tracks. Smile

CrabCommando Wrote:The regular Tracks. Smile

OK, fixed it.

Anything else I need to add?
A bit off topic there...
But overall, I'd have to say that this is very good Cannon!
Thanks.

Is this ready? Any further edits?
The Wal-Mart exclusive version of the set includes two additional Beyblades: Beat Lynx AD145WD and Fang Leone 130W2D, as well as two recolored Dome tracks, D62A and U61A, which were available in the Toys R Us exclusive version of VariAres 145WB (the bronze one is recolored green and the black one is recolored yellow).
Quote:==Overall==
This set is comprised of a few useful parts. Fox is a strangely designed Clear Wheel, and is not balanced like other Clear Wheels such as Cygnus and Cancer, and is therefore useless in combos. Screw can be used as a decent Attack Metal Wheel, but is outclassed heavily by newer Metal Wheels, such as VariAres and Flash. 105 can be used in some Stamina and Attack combinations, but 85, 90, and 100 are all much better choices. 130 is a decent Track, but can be substituted for other tracks at the same height such as S130, which add weight and do not cover up contact points. D is a top-tier Stamina Tip, but can be acquired elsewhere, and F is completely outclassed as an Attack Tip. Even though there are some useful parts within this set, they can be obtained much more easily in cheaper sets, such as Screw Capricorne 90MF (Spiral Capricorn) from Hasbro and Vulcan Horuseus 145D. The Destroyer Dome is completely useless; as each battles will only last a mere 5-10 seconds, and the fact that the Destroyer Dome Spin Tracks are illegal in both WBO sanctioned tournaments and Hasbro Tournaments, it renders the whole set useless, minus the actual Beyblade parts. Furthermore, launching in this stadium is very difficult, as you need to position your launcher correctly into the holes, and you need to be very quick at this if there is not a second person to assist with the second launch. Due to the price, outclassed parts, and useless Dome comprised in this set, it is therefore a useless Set to be purchased, and should only be considered for collection purposes only.
Make any edits you see fit Smile
(Sep. 26, 2012  11:13 AM)Cannon Wrote:
* Destroyer Dome Stadium
* BB-94B Tornado (Cyclone) Herculeo 105F (Gold highlights on opaque Red Clear Wheel, Metallic Red Track and Bottom)
* B-136 Screw (Spiral) Fox 130D (Red highlights on opaque Blue Clear Wheel, Metallic Blue Track and Bottom)
* 2 Ripcord Launchers
* Destroyer Dome decals

==General Info==
The Destroyer Dome is a 360° sphere, with two entrances protruding out, and is supported by four stands. The Dome can be taken apart by removing the pegs which attach onto the four stands, and by removing the upper part of the sphere, which is detachable. The sphere has two parts, an upper body, and a lower one.

The the stadium's purpose is to try to get your Beyblade to outspin its opponents. To do so, you must attach a Destroyer Dome Spin Track onto the Beyblade, which replaces a regular Track and protrudes out of the Metal Wheel, thus covering up any contact that the Metal Wheel should make. The Destroyer Dome Spin Tracks allows the Beyblade to angle itself into position and get a good grip onto the surface to perform 360 degree rotations around the stadium.

==Overall==
This set is comprised of a few useful parts. Fox is a strangely designed Clear Wheel, and is not balanced like other Clear Wheels such as Cygnus and Cancer, and is therefore useless in combos. Screw can be used as a mediocre Attack Metal Wheel, but is outclassed heavily by newer Metal Wheels, such as VariAres and Flash. 105 can be used in some Stamina and Attack combinations, but 85, 90, and 100 are all much better choices. 130 is a decent Track, but can be substituted for other tracks at the same height such as S130, which add weight and do not cover up contact points. D is a top-tier Stamina Tip, but can be acquired elsewhere, while F is completely outclassed as an Attack Tip by its rubber variants, an example being RF. Even though there a few useful parts within this set, they can be obtained much more easily from cheaper sets or starters, such as Screw Capricorne 90MF (Spiral Capricorn) from Hasbro and Vulcan Horuseus 145D. The Destroyer Dome is completely useless, as each battle will only last a mere 5-10 seconds, and the fact that the Destroyer Dome Spin Tracks are illegal in both WBO sanctioned tournaments and Hasbro Tournaments, it renders the whole set useless, excluding the actual Beyblade parts. Furthermore, launching in this stadium is very difficult, as you need to position your launcher correctly into the holes, and you need to be very quick at this if there is not a second person to assist with the second launch. Due to the price, outclassed parts, and useless Dome comprised in this set, it is therefore a useless Set to be purchased, and should only be considered for collection purposes only.

Was just looking over the tracks for these - Hasbro lists it as G58, not G68.

By the way, is anyone able to measure the diameter of the rubber tracks? I'm curious, given the names of the four they made - G58, V61, D62 and U61, it doesn't seem random to me. Perhaps someone worked this out long ago and I just missed it, but to me it seems likely it's based on their diameter in mm - which makes sense given they are the stadium contact point rather than the tip (though radius would be more suitable). Heck, I'd like some measurements for them in general, including the weights.
I have the set and I'll attempt to measure later on. Unless I'm wrong, the tracks are plastic, not rubber.
Awesome, thanks!

Oh, I just assumed they were rubber given the design of the set and the fact they came out at the same time as BeyWheelz.
(Sep. 29, 2012  1:48 PM)What are Spin Tracks called? Wrote:
Quote:Grip (Blue)
Strength (Red)

I'm quite sure of the main two are Grip (Blue), & Strength (Red). However, I have trouble recalling the other two; (Variares) however, in the online version (while up), I do recall seeing the main two at the top, & the Word Stamina in the Bottom Left in the same area. Finally, There's one more (Low Right), which I completely blank on.