Deck customization and suggestions

Hello, I was considering taking my kids to the upcoming Beytubers Blast in NYC and wanted to get some feedback on three decks.   

Deck 1
Hell Salamander / 5 Star / Atomic (maybe try out stock driver in defense mode)
Nightmare Longinus / Bump / Destroy
Drain Fafnir / 7 Bump / Revolve

Deck 2 
Bloody Longinus / 1 Star / Destroy or Jolt  (I do not have Xtreme tip, and i am on the fence about buying it.  How big of an improvement would it be?)
Deep Chaos / 5 / Revolve
Drain Fafnir / 7 Bump / Revolve

Deck 3 
Siege Excalibur / 0 / Jolt   (What is the best competitive set up for this layer currently?  My son is dead set on it)
Wyvron W3 / 1 Meteor / Spiral  (I am trying to think of a better option here. Any suggestions on a good defense type to round out the deck?)
Drain Fafnir / 7 Bump / Revolve

The parts that i will have access to for modifications are God Customize set, 3 on 3, Spriggan Requiem starter, Drain Fafnir starter, bL starter, sX starter, nL starter, hS starter and Xeno Excalibur starter.

I am not opposed to picking up another couple of items if the improvements are worth it. 

Any advice or suggestions are welcomed.  Since i am still learning this stuff, it would be most appreciated if any answers were explained so that i can start to learn the stuff well enough to make informed decisions myself.   (like saying the reason why a part should be swapped, and not just what it should be swapped to.)
Hell Salamander 7 Star Atomic
Mold Chip Deep Chaos 7Bump Bearing
Bloody Longinus 5Meteor Jolt
(May. 23, 2018  3:28 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: Hell Salamander 7 Star Atomic

Thanks.  Would Mold Chip be the standard plastic chip as opposed to the metal god chip?

EDIT:  If i am already using 7 disc in Drain Fafnir, i couldn't use it in the same deck as Hell Salamander, correct?
I'd advise taking another look at Deck 1, ideally you should have at least one bey for each spin direction.
(May. 23, 2018  4:33 AM)Voradors Wrote:
(May. 23, 2018  3:28 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: Hell Salamander 7 Star Atomic

Thanks.  Would Mold Chip be the standard plastic chip as opposed to the metal god chip?

EDIT:  If i am already using 7 disc in Drain Fafnir, i couldn't use it in the same deck as Hell Salamander, correct?
If you only have one 7 disc, then I suggest you getting the random booster volume 10 full set. You can get access to cho-z layers, great discs like 7 and 0 and it comes with another atomic
(May. 23, 2018  4:38 AM)BladerGem Wrote: I'd advise taking another look at Deck 1, ideally you should have at least one bey for each spin direction.

Hmm...good point.  That is the deck i was going to use.  Honestly I am not sure what to change.  Basically Drain Fafnir and Hell Scorpion just interest me and I liked the attack characteristics of nL.   I am open to suggestions. 

How vulnerable is my team if they are all left spin?

(May. 23, 2018  5:16 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: If you only have one 7 disc, then I suggest you getting the random booster volume 10 full set. You can get access to cho-z layers, great discs like 7 and 0 and it comes with another atomic

I thought you couldn't duplicate parts in the tournament?  Or is that only when the tournament is specifically using a Deck ruleset?
You can't in deck format. If you got random booster volume 10 (full set), then you can get 2 extra 0 discs and 1 more 7 disc along with another atomic driver and Cho-z layers
(May. 23, 2018  5:34 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: You can't in deck format. If you got random booster volume 10 (full set), then you can get 2 extra 0 discs and 1 more 7 disc along with another atomic driver and Cho-z layers

I looked it up, and i will have to think about that one.  If i hadn't bought Sieg Excalibur a few hours ago I might have been more inclined to do that.    Since I am kind of looking for Xtreme, i was thinking of getting Amaterious starter set, which would also get me that 2nd 7.
(May. 23, 2018  5:17 AM)Voradors Wrote:
(May. 23, 2018  4:38 AM)BladerGem Wrote: I'd advise taking another look at Deck 1, ideally you should have at least one bey for each spin direction.

Hmm...good point.  That is the deck i was going to use.  Honestly I am not sure what to change.  Basically Drain Fafnir and Hell Scorpion just interest me and I liked the attack characteristics of nL.   I am open to suggestions. 

(May. 23, 2018  5:16 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: If you only have one 7 disc, then I suggest you getting the random booster volume 10 full set. You can get access to cho-z layers, great discs like 7 and 0 and it comes with another atomic

I thought you couldn't duplicate parts in the tournament?  Or is that only when the tournament is specifically using a Deck ruleset?

Depending on how it does in tests, Hell Salamander could replace bL, since its layer can switch between attack and defense.

I'm a Hasbro blader, so I've mostly just got experience with what Hasbro's released up to now. So, I'm clueless about Cho-Z viability apart from reading about them.
(May. 23, 2018  5:34 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: You can't in deck format. If you got random booster volume 10 (full set), then you can get 2 extra 0 discs and 1 more 7 disc along with another atomic driver and Cho-z layers

I ended up giving in and buying the full set.  It does have a lot of nice parts, and can provide backups in case anything gets damaged.  I heard that Sieg Excalibur is prone to having some of the tips get damaged, so getting some backups may be good.   Thanks for the recommendation. 

(May. 23, 2018  9:43 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(May. 23, 2018  5:17 AM)Voradors Wrote: Hmm...good point.  That is the deck i was going to use.  Honestly I am not sure what to change.  Basically Drain Fafnir and Hell Scorpion just interest me and I liked the attack characteristics of nL.   I am open to suggestions. 

Depending on how it does in tests, Hell Salamander could replace bL, since its layer can switch between attack and defense.

I'm a Hasbro blader, so I've mostly just got experience with what Hasbro's released up to now. So, I'm clueless about Cho-Z viability apart from reading about them.

Good to know, thanks.  I really like any set up that allows for a lot of customization and switching between modes.  I was disappointing to see that sR was banned, because of how much it can do, but i understand the reason.