Death Cygnus F230CF

Poll: Does this combo do a good job of countering the popular variations of Dragooon customs?

Definitely!
77.78%
Eh, it sorta works
22.22%
Heck no...
0%
Total: 100% 18 vote(s)
Hey guys! Smile

Does Dragooon seem, well, overpowered to you? Do you think it's a gamebreaker? Personally, I don't think it's that insane, but it sure is a heck of a chrome wheel, and it's starting to dominate the metagame in specific areas. People complain all the time that it's waaaayyy too hard to counter, and it's true that there are a wide variety of different Dragooon customs that are in use in the current metagame.

Counters used currently:

The concept:

The launch:

Parts choice:

Testing videos:

Tests:

Counters:

Hope you guys find this combo effective! It's sure working for me. Smile Feel free to post testing requests. Feedback is appreciated.
Hmm, Duo ____ F230CF is pretty much the same thing as this, except you're using Death, and Duo probably does a better job than Death in this situation. But otherwise, great tests! It seems really good!

Oh, and remember you're not allowed to give nicknames to customizations.

And wow, tests against Defense and Left Spin were amazing!
You were right. I need a bowl a ramen to watch this video, I like seeing Dragooon fall >Grin
EDIT: Can you post a link to the video? Not working on the Kindle I'm using Tongue_out
I like this combo idea. It's pretty cool. But I have one problem. Judging by tests it mainly beats Dragooon and defense combos. Having trouble with attack and stamina seems like a problem considering those are used in the meta a lot.
Do you think GCF could make this a bit better, or was there a very specific reason for CF?
No nicknames.

I'm really doubting your Wyvang Dragooon SA165 R2F tests. You didn't launch it that well, and your launch of it seemed a little weak. We'll see though.

Will a brown or Hasbro F230 "work" just as well against attackers, and can Gasher be used?
GCF is more aggressive, probably for a controlled approach
But since GCF is more aggro, wouldn't it be a bit better for countering Dragooon attack considering it would hit it faster than CF?
At the risk of control and self KO with that high of a track? No Uncertain
(Jul. 29, 2013  10:00 PM)LMAO Wrote: Hmm, Duo ____ F230CF is pretty much the same thing as this, except you're using Death, and Duo probably does a better job than Death in this situation. But otherwise, great tests! It seems really good!

Oh, and remember you're not allowed to give nicknames to customizations.

And wow, tests against Defense and Left Spin were amazing!

Oops! Unhappy You're probably right... I'll take the nickname out now.

As for tests against Duo, I was originally going to post tests for that and change the name to Death/Duo Cygnus F230CF later, but then I thought I couldn't test against stamina because I only have 1 Duo :\

I can do the tests for Duo if you'd like, and yes this does work very, very well with Duo.

(Jul. 29, 2013  10:05 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: No nicknames.

I'm really doubting your Wyvang Dragooon SA165 R2F tests. You didn't launch it that well, and your launch of it seemed a little weak. We'll see though.

Will a brown or Hasbro F230 "work" just as well against attackers, and can Gasher be used?

I just did a video, and if it's a matter of my launch then I'm sorry to say you're wrong my friend. My launch was very strong, and I got the sweeping technique perfect. It just won, that's all.

Sure, I guess a brown one might work against an attack type. And yah, Gasher would be fine. Smile
A video would be nice too, if you have the time.
I think it's already been tested for Zero-G and not for BB-10 yet, so tests for it would be great!

And I could do some tests for you as well with Death Cygnus F230CF.

I really think this combo is good, and further tests will help to see if it has a future in the top tier list Smile
(Jul. 29, 2013  10:03 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I like this combo idea. It's pretty cool. But I have one problem. Judging by tests it mainly beats Dragooon and defense combos. Having trouble with attack and stamina seems like a problem considering those are used in the meta a lot.

This is just for beating Dragooon. Nothing else really. I didn't want it to beat attack types or stamina types, just Dragooon. Smile

EDIT: LMAO: That would be great! Smile

I was originally gonna use Duo on this combo, but I decided on Death because of its superior record against left-spin, and the fact that I didn't have another Duo :\

I'm trying Duo out right now, and it's doing pretty great. Maybe I'll put Duo on this afterall. Smile
Can you put the link in there...?
Alright, I just re-did the test against Wyvang Dragooon...

Except this time, I tried stalling Dragooon.

Death Cygnus F230CF vs. Wyvang Dragooon SA165R2F
Cygnus launched first. Prime R2F.
Cygnus: wins, 14/20 (13 OS, 1 KO)
Dragooon: wins, 6/20 (All KO)
Death Cygnus F230CF win rate: 70%

It would seem that I was wrong. Wyvang Dragooon can definitely put up a fight against this, you just have to stall it as fast as you can. Unhappy Death was still able to pull a positive win rate, but barely. Sorry Shinobu, you were right. I'll update the OP. Smile

As I see it, this is a decent counter against Dragooon. This is definitely a unique style to counter opposite-spin, but it would seem that attack can give it a hard time :\

LMAO: Sorry, but I can't get the Duo tests done. I really don't have time. Unhappy

I hope you guys find this combo effective! Smile I've also found that it works great with Duo, but I won't be able to get any tests done for a while.

Again, apologies to ShinobuXD, I should've figured out how to launch Dragooon first :\. Also sorry again for the nickname. Don't wanna be one of those people Tongue_out.
Ah, yes, 14/20 seems much more like what I'd expect, since CF is good for defense in opposite spin.

Apology accepted.

Anyways, could you please test it against Revizer Dragooon SA165 RDF, using a worn RDF for more precession/LAD?
Yeah this wasn't even close.

Reviser Dragooon sa165 rdf(worn-ish) vs. MF-L Death Cygnus f230 cf

Death wins: 10(all os)
Dragooon wins: 0

Death Cygnus win rate: 100%
How about against Killerken Dragooon DF105LRF and Killerken dragoon SA165GF.
@AZL Killerken Dragooon BD145GF would be a much better testing beyblade. SA165 is too tall for GF to stand completely upright consistently and defeats the purpose of GF's ridiculous high stability. Think of it like a balance type. You are compromising stability for improved LAD, but because you are not the best in either one, you combo will not be as effective as it could be.

This combo is really cool, I was actually thinking of something really similar but I completely overlooked Death. XD I went straight for Genbull and Killerken. The combo was basically trash since Synchromes would never have the balance of Death and are so large that it tips over on GCF.....so yeah. I could see how this is good.

I keep saying I will test these out but I rarely get the time to. I really wanna test this guy out though.
I think Shining god MS is testing it though.
Its true, and its actually putting up very good in all the sections! FYI, SA165 is used in lower mode, though, this doesnt mean it should be tested yet... also, I can probably do these tests when I get my F230 Smile
Right spin Stamina Wheels on F230CF haven't had much trouble with Dragooon so far, so I feel like this combo is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. This variant seems good, but there is no real reason to use Death over Duo, or maybe even Genbull Genbull.
(Jul. 30, 2013  6:32 PM)Kei Wrote: Right spin Stamina Wheels on F230CF haven't had much trouble with Dragooon so far, so I feel like this combo is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. This variant seems good, but there is no real reason to use Death over Duo, or maybe even Genbull Genbull.

I know... I seriously regret not using Duo on this. This thread was kind of a flub :\
I've been out of it lately. Tongue_out I tried to Do MSF-L Girago Girago BD145RF and this at the same time. I'm gonna leave this here just 'cause, but you guys are definitely right, I think Duo would almost definitely be a better option in this situation.

The only thing I disagree with is the fact that Dragooon combos don't cause a problem. It's totally overused/dominant in the NC metagame (Although I am one of the guilty party Tongue_out), and I've never seen stamina types using F230CF before. Unhappy I didn't even know Duo____ 230CF had been tested before until yesterday, so I thought this was a new idea... Sorry 'bout that Confused should've done my homework Tongue_out I'll do more research next time. Smile

(Jul. 30, 2013  8:03 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: and I've never seen stamina types using F230CF before. Unhappy I didn't even know Duo____ 230CF had been tested before until yesterday, so I thought this was a new idea... Sorry 'bout that Confused should've done my homework Tongue_out I'll do more research next time. Smile

You'd never seen F230CF combos before?! They've been popular for a while now.

(Jul. 30, 2013  8:03 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: It would seem Genbull doesn't actually work.

I haven't done any formal testing with Genbull, but I've had success with it in ZERO-G Stadiums.
I've seen plenty on Dragoon F230CF combos before (used them a lot, actually), just nothing without Dragooon... except one time, Dark used Killerken Genbull F230CF against me. I used Dragoon B : D and genbull got owned Confused That's the only time I've seen one used. I don't know why we don't see them here more often, if they're really that popular.

It is a mystery Tongue_out
(Jul. 31, 2013  3:42 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: I've seen plenty on Dragoon F230CF combos before (used them a lot, actually), just nothing without Dragooon... except one time, Dark used Killerken Genbull F230CF against me. I used Dragoon B : D and genbull got owned Confused That's the only time I've seen one used. I don't know why we don't see them here more often, if they're really that popular.

It is a mystery Tongue_out

Was that in BB-10? If so, that's odd.

People must only have the brown F230. Mystery Solved