Career Choices, What Steps are you Taking?

Right now I work for a landscape company and I work about 10 1/2 hours a day,and I'm just 15.
I'm studying to be a seamstress and potentially a fashion designer. My program focuses on both sewing and design techniques. It starts in the fall and goes for two years. I'll be taking a business program at a different school following that. If I decide to pursue the fashion designer career path, I'll likely move to Montreal after my business program ends to establish myself in a French community before moving back to France! That's still a very long way away though, and I may still move to MTL regardless of which path I take.
That's awesome! Hope to see you here in Montreal soon Smile
yeah when you think to be at MTL?
I am looking to be a 3D animator and want to work for either Pixar or Dreamworks.

Right now, because of mistakes I made in high school (grades), I'm going to a community college and doing my general education. I've taken one 3D animation class in college and I've actually gotten a A in that class. I hope to transfer to San Jose State University by Spring 2017 and focus on more career oriented classes. They also have internships with Dreamworks, so I'm hoping to get that. I also am thinking of double majoring with bachelors of arts for media so I can be a producer as well. Animator+Producers=$
(Aug. 11, 2015  3:51 PM)loyd87 Wrote: yeah when you think to be at MTL?

(Aug. 11, 2015  3:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: That's awesome! Hope to see you here in Montreal soon Smile

Yeah! I've definitely got at least 4 years of school before I move. But hey, I'll probably come up to visit during reading week in a few months!
Update on my life!

So, I'm currently enrolled in a school here in Toronto (George Brown College) for the Culinary Management program, so far loving it. Really was motivated by my high school teacher to get into the field, and I'm currently set to graduate next year. That being said, I know and now realize that the industry is extremely difficult, tiring, and stressful. 12 Hour shifts 6 days a week apparently is commonplace. I've always had a passion for teaching as well, and was thinking what to do after I graduate GBC, since I love the career, but I don't think I could handle that type of environment where everything and everyone I know relate to the industry.

So, I've decided to work part time as a cook all the way through while attending GBC, then after I graduate, attend a university (Looking At University of Guelph) for their business program as an undergrad. After I finish that, hopefully I can do my 3 required years of full time industry experience in the culinary field, finally then qualifying me for a position as a "Teacher of Technological education". The undergrad in business just allows me to have a second "teachable" in high school, so that I can remain competitive in the job market for teachers, as well as qualifying me as a standard "teacher".

Clearly, this is looking way into the future and I may not be interested in it when I get there, but for now this is my plan!
Ah, this seems to be my type of thread. xD

I'm working towards reaching one goal: becoming a professional illustrator. I've won one scholarship that's used for my Precollege, which I'm attending for a month this summer. I'm also applying for other scholarships as well. I'm in the immersions of Visual Development and Motion Design. I think my specialty is in that area and I'll do fine!
Aside from that, I'm in Fine Arts magnet classes and I'm going to senior year. Not very fond of traditional painting but I prefer to work on digital painting. Basically anything digital. As for my classes next year, I'll be having three art based classes instead of just 2 Fine Art classes. I had a spot open for a extra elective so my teacher decided to put me into, I believe, Honors or A.P. Digital Imaging. Kinda nervous honestly because of the Digital Arts teacher; she can be quite strict. As far as my graphic design skills go, I hope I'll do okay. Other than that, I think I'm getting there. It's a long way but every step is worth taking. Smile
To put it bluntly i can do a lot. Mulititalented person is FTW but currently i'm working on getting my driver's license. A lot of careers place getting one as a requirement like the police department or whatnot.
Multiple talents do not guarantee a job, unfortunately hah. As a matter of fact, I recently had to invent myself a secondary field of interest after my first choice gave me a career but proved to be too unstable on the long term. I might therefore become an actuary eventually.
(Jun. 03, 2016  8:29 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Multiple talents do not guarantee a job, unfortunately hah. As a matter of fact, I recently had to invent myself a secondary field of interest after my first choice gave me a career but proved to be too unstable on the long term. I might therefore become an actuary eventually.

I disagree with the first statement, especially with the job that you are looking to work toward. Being good at many things like having knowledge of various companies, their products, and the type businesses they do. Like say if you being an actuary want to create/revive a project that has been done by various companies many times in the past but for the company you work for. you have to have knowledge of the previous line of the product the numbers as in how much money was invested for creating, promoting, and evolving the product. Then you have to look at how much your assets/budget the company you work for is giving you and whether succeeding the product with the budget will be possible.

To put it bluntly doing that alone is a lot of juggling in one scenario
But life works in such a way that this 'knowledge' (not a talent or multiple talents in any way) will not be enough if you are deemed too young, too inexperienced for their multiple-years standard, etc.
(Jun. 08, 2016  2:50 PM)Kai-V Wrote: But life works in such a way that this 'knowledge' (not a talent or multiple talents in any way) will not be enough if you are deemed too young, too inexperienced for their multiple-years standard, etc.

yeah, i don't get that logic. to work for some organization you have to have 5 years+ experience in an organization or a related field to continue working in said type of job or industry..
Going into my Senior year of HS, looking to go into the IT field.

I am enrolled in a 2-year Programming class taken during the first three periods of the day (along with an English class) for college credit. Senior year will mark the second year of this class, focusing on web development (ASP.NET). Several other classes I am taking provide college credits.

Additionally, the IT guy at my school has hired my best friend and I (apparently we came "highly recommended") to assist him in upgrading our wireless network. This will entail 3 weeks of work starting in late July. 40 hours per week, $10 per hour, and experience.
I think that until a person get a salary based job. People should use freelance for various companies. I mean even if I have a salary based job, I still think that I would do freelance on the side for extra money. It would actually be better to be honest. to pay mid-high salary job and also get freelance credit/money for your pictures, tweets, and innovative ideas.
Little update, still going to be a dentist. I've emailed my guidance counselor etc. etc. and I will be taking IB courses, AP, stuff like that. Hopefully I'll get a 5.0 GPA and be Valedictorian. I talked to the Senior at my school that was Val. over facebook. She had a 5.3 GPA
I applied to dentistry this year and I'm not too sure how different the process is here in the UK but make sure you do a decent amount of work experience. What's important is if you don't do well in any interviews make sure you stay positive and not let it affect your studies Pinching_eyes hopefully you get a place the first time round but if you don't there's nothing wrong with trying again. Good luck.
I wanna become a dentist, too!
Lol this is kind of out there, but I just got back from waxing my first car. Not too hard, but it was the walk there and back that killed me.
Now, I really don't want to become a professional car washer, but this would look good on my resume.
Anyone else ever waxed a car before?
I'm studying towards a Bachelor's in Networking. So far I've been enjoying the program and been doing better in school than I ever have been, thus I would assume this is the right path for me. Although a career that has recently intrigued me is working in the field of broadcasting, I'd want to work behind the scenes for live shows.