Can you give me a hand with a Zombie article please

This is what I currently have:

Quote:These blades are what the name says, they are virtually zombies. These blades steal spin from the opposing blade as long as your blade is spinning in the opposite spin direction of your opponents blade, in other words these blades are virtually invincible but not quite as smash compact blades or zombie killer blades can kill these. These blades have two moves that they can use during battle:
  • Life after Death = This move is when your blade gets knocked off balance, so your attack ring nearly touches the stadiums surface, and continues to do full rotations.

• Spin Stealing = This is really cool as it is only zombie blades that can do it, therefore making them unique. In order for this move to work your blade has to be spinning in the opposite spin direction to that of your opponents blade, therefore your blade will be being hit by your opponents and in reaction to this your opponents blade will be pushing your blade in your spinning direction giving your blade extra spin time, that is why this move is given the name Spin Stealing.

Zombie blade combinations are very good, only if you have the correct parts.

Attack Rings = Metal Driger, Jumping Base/ Driger S, Gabriel, Roller Defenser, Dranzer F, Galeon, Galman, Dragoon G.

Weight Disks = 6 Wide, 8 Wide, 10 Wide, Wide Survivor and Wide Defenser.

Spin gears (casing has to have opposite spin direction of opponents) = Wolborg, Wolborg 2, Bearing Stinger and Burning Kerberous.

Blade Bases = Wolborg, Wolborg 2, Dragoon V (without the magnetic tip), Dragoon V2 (without rubber tip), Bearing Stinger and Burning Kerberous.

If you could pick through what I have tell me what I should remove and what I should add. It would be a great help and help me to understand blade types a bit more.

Cheers.

All support (correct info) is welcome.

I may use parts of you give me. Full credit will be given where due.
I wouldn't call LAD and Spin Stealing as "moves they can use during battle". They're more atributes a specific combo has.

LAD = The ability to keep spinning (make full rotations as you mentioned) even after the top has fallen over. This is even more important if you're facing another zombie or just some endurancer in the opposite spin direction, since spin stealing won't save it here and the one with better LAD ability will win the match.

FYI, Spin Stealing happens whenever there's two blades spinning in the opposite direction (despite how effective it may or not be), not just a Zombie exclusive. Many non zombie endurancers still make use of it.

ARs: Metal Driger, wtf? Dragoon G isn't so good either and only steals spin effectively if it's going right. Roller Defenser isn't of much use since the spin change trick is considered illegal. Bearing Gyros AR should get a mention as it's one of the best ARs for Zombie combos. I don't think mentioning Galmans AR is needed when it palles in comparision to the others.

WD: Only Wide Survivor and Wide Defense are used in Zombie combos. Use anything else and it's not considered a zombie, besides performing worse.

Spin Gears: Zeus CG plus its CEW could get a mention here as well.

Bases: I don't think Dragoon Vs base is of much use with all the other options we have available. Should mention Zeus and Wolborg 4 BBs incase Zeus CG is used.

Support Parts: Defense Ring, Survivor Ring, Dark Series and Blizzard Otros SPs (can't remember the name of the later 2) need a mention.

Also, true Zombies use tunned NSK bearings.

There's more, but you can read here for in-depth info on Zombie customs: http://web.archive.org/web/2005031314122...ombie.html
Many thanks KoD (you don't mind if I call you that right?).

I will read through these articles and add your bits in.

I will also add the the NSK tuning. I have a Bearing Core article about how to tune it it but the one that Damashii shows.

Many thanks again, cheers and it is much appreciated.
Sorry about the double post but I have completed the Zombie article and will be uploading it as of Saturday.

I will post a link here to see if it needs any further modifications.

The NSK tuning is missing as I haven't got an article for it yet. I will work on this ASAP.
Here is the link to the Zombie article that was created with help of the BB Damashii article and King of Darkness.

Zombie Blade Style Article
espio Wrote:Here is the link to the Zombie article that was created with help of the BB Damashii article and King of Darkness.

Zombie Blade Style Article

You know how in grade school people would avoid plagiarism by simply changing a few words around every now and then to avoid carbon copying it?

Yeah ... you basically just copied the Damashii article except you removed all the good parts.
I know that no matter what I write you will not be happy because you want everything on Wiki.

Is it not better to to have correct information rather than incorrect information. So it doesn't really matter.

I used Damashii as a framework. Damashii has been credited.

Just because it isn't to your standard, doesn't mean it is no good. I will be able to edit the article further later on.
How come you call it a style? It is a type of customization. If beyblade was done like that then people with attack styles would beat people with endurance styles and people with zombie styles would beat everyone.

NSK is not a bearing core. NSK is the name of the comapny that makes the bearings that go on the bearing core.
Also, you wrote that the life after death ability is useful against other zombies. All proper zombies have life after death. What matters in this situation is which zombie is tuned better.
You wrote about having an attack ring that is smaller than the weight disk is good. I think it is better to have attack rings that allign perfectly. I also heard something about certain parts of attack rings sticking out a little to increase spin stealing. I think what I am thinking of is the wings of Wing Cross.

I think the Bearing Gyros AR should be on your attack ring list. Also, I don't think Bearing Stinger's Attack ring should be there.
espio Wrote:I know that no matter what I write you will not be happy because you want everything on Wiki.

Is it not better to to have correct information rather than incorrect information. So it doesn't really matter.

Just because it isn't to your standard, doesn't mean it is no good. I will be able to edit the article further later on.

Please don't come to this board, ask for assistance, link to the article and then complain when people criticize it. If all you want is praise, this is not the place to get it.

As Cye pointed out, there are many errors.
espio Wrote:I know that no matter what I write you will not be happy because you want everything on Wiki.

It isn't about standard, it's more about copyright and integrity.
Ok, so here's my charitable act for the year, I've re-written the article for you Espio.
Anyone else want to chime in with a recommendation for more content, or different formatting?

Quote:Zombie Combination:

Definition:
A Beyblade with the following features:
Life After Death,
Spin Stealing capability requiring tuned NSK shield bearings used with a free-spinning shaft.

Description:
The Zombie is designed to maximise its ability to steal energy from the opponent efficiently by using parts that are as close to a perfect circle as possible, and that create the least resistance against air. It also acheives this by using tuned NSK bearings to minimise friction between the main bulk of the blade and the surface it spins on.

Usage:
In order to steal energy (spin) from the opponent's blade, the Zombie must be spinning in the opposite direction.
If the opponent uses right-spin, then the Zombie must be a left-spin blade to steal spin.
Zombies should be used with the straight-shoot technique, this establishes balance early in the game, and will minimise the chances of damage to the shaft.

Recommended Parts:

Bit Chip:
Lighter is generally better [exceptions exist], so any standard plastic Bit Chip is ideal.

Attack Ring:
Twin Horn, (Gabriel, Takara version, Hasbro changed it to add a sub-ring for their release)
Tiger Defense, (Driger S, Jumping base, Hasbro version only, Takara released jumping base as a stand-alone Blade Base)
Wing Cross, (Ultimate Frostic Dranzer, Bistool, Hasbro version has additional mass providing better durability)
Roller Defense, (Roller Defenser).
There are other Attack Rings that can be used, but none are as suited to the role as those listed above.

Weight Disks:
Wide Survivor, (best endurance/spin-stealing Weight disk available)
Wide Defense, (heavier than Wide Survivor, used when endurance must be weighed against defense).
Non-circular weight disks are not advised for such a combination, but are ultimately better than losing by default.

Spin Gear:
Bearing SG, (Wolborg)
Bearing SG 2, (Wolborg 2)
Neo Double Bearing SG (Burning Kerberous/howling Spirits)
Customize Gear Free Shaft Version, (Zeus, Takara version only, Hasbro replaced this with an Engine Gear for their release. Can only be used with EG bases.)
These are the top-tier Spin Gears for Zombie combinations. There are other free-shaft Spin Gears, but few, if any, are viable for a Zombie.

The shafts from some of these Spin Gears are interchangable.

Bearings:
Tuned NSK shield bearings.
They should be de-greased, and seasoned by being continuously rotated for several days.

Blade Base:
SG Bearing, (Wolborg)
Defense Grip 2, (Wolborg 2)
Customize Bearing, (Burning Kerberous/Howling Spirits)
First Clutch Zeus, (Zeus. Can only be used with Customise/Engine Gears)
Bearing Base, (Metal dragoon Bearing Stinger)
Customize Grip, (Dragoon V2, rubber tip must be removed to accomodate the Sping Gear/Shaft assembly)

Support Parts:
Cross Survivor, (Dranzer V2)
Defense Ring, (Voltaic/Vortex Ape)
Survivor Ring, (Dark Dragoon/Dranzer/Driger/Draciel/Gaia Dragoon)
Maybe if MORE people helped me out I wouldn't of had to have resorted to the BB Damashii stuff. But I could see that that wasn't going to heppen cause I run the site that you all hate *shrugs*.

Thank you prince. I will stick this on my site if you don't mind?
Btw, what I wrote in my post, were mere pointers rather than how the article should actually be displayed. That said, I think PRINCEcharmings take on it is pretty good. I'd add some more content/substance to it though:

- explain the concept of "Life after Death";

- mention how Zombies take little skill to use (i.e. you just straight shoot, like you mentioned), they're more about how good your customization/tunning skills are;

- being light and having low defense, they perform better in wider stadiums, since there's less chance they'll be knocked out. A defensive Zombie using Wb2 shaft can be used if you expect to face attackers, etc, etc;

- about spin stealing, you could add a few examples of parts that help in it, usually the AR, WD and SPs, stuff like Twin Horn, Defense Ring SP or the spark Wide Survivor WD (not sure if this one's still legal);

- in the parts, definately mention the Bearing Gyros AR once again, as it's regarded as the best for Zombie combos. Add Galeon. Mention how Wing Cross can only be used in right spin. Roller Defenser was only really useful because of the spin change trick (illegal iirc). It should be mentioned Zeus CG is right spin only. Add Blizzard Ortros to the SPs section.
Generaly, go on a little more about each part;

- maybe join "Defenition" and "Description", mentioning the top features at the end of that section;

- a section on how the overall condition of the blade (parts) is more important in Zombies, since their performance can be greatly affected by having a bent shaft or a tip that's too worn, etc;

- at the end, link to Damashiis article and credit the site, etc, and add a link to the bearing tunning article as well.

Just a few sugestions I think would help in this.
espio Wrote:Maybe if MORE people helped me out I wouldn't of had to have resorted to the BB Damashii stuff. But I could see that that wasn't going to heppen cause I run the site that you all hate *shrugs*.

Maybe if colleges allowed students to copy each others work they would plagiarize online sources less.
I'm going to change the article today hopefully.

Thank you KoD.
Thank you PrinceCHARMING.
espio Wrote:Maybe if MORE people helped me out I wouldn't of had to have resorted to the BB Damashii stuff. But I could see that that wasn't going to heppen cause I run the site that you all hate *shrugs*.

if you expect more people to help you out, you should carp pay them

Sorry dude, we'll do a better job writing content for you in the future. Serious
I wasn't asking people to write content for me. I was simply asking for pointers and advice. I need and want to learn this stuff. That is why I am posting here. Wasn't it your idea to start with Brad that I post here for help with the game section?
espio Wrote:I wasn't asking people to write content for me. I was simply asking for pointers and advice. I need and want to learn this stuff. That is why I am posting here. Wasn't it your idea to start with Brad that I post here for help with the game section?

Yes, you can ask for pointers, but you can't carp about people not providing YOU with enough source material (ignoring the fact that they linked you to the most comprehensive article available and you managed to miss all the important parts of it).
OK. I have rewritten the article again. With the help of PrinceCHARMING and KoD.

I know it may still look like the article from Damashii.

All I got from here was people getting really pissed with me. I understand that I copied the Damashii article but I find it really hard to rewrite something in my own words after reading the material first. I felt like I have been being picked on by the users. I know that I am not the most liked person here and that doesn't help my position.

I have clearlly shown a thanks and credited BeyWiki forum and Damashii at the end of the article.
No, you don't get it. This is the problem:

espio Wrote:Maybe if MORE people helped me out I wouldn't of had to have resorted to the BB Damashii stuff.

It's not our fault. Don't try to push it on us. :\ When you talk like that it's as if we owe you something.
Tamer Brad Wrote:No, you don't get it. This is the problem:

espio Wrote:Maybe if MORE people helped me out I wouldn't of had to have resorted to the BB Damashii stuff.

It's not our fault. Don't try to push it on us. :\ When you talk like that it's as if we owe you something.
That being the case, I do think a lot of the replies could have been more constructive. I'm all for laying into people on message boards, don't get me wrong, but I think it's all the more stylish when it serves to educate the bash-ee.
espio Wrote:OK. I have rewritten the article again. With the help of PrinceCHARMING and KoD.

I know it may still look like the article from Damashii.

All I got from here was people getting really pissed with me. I understand that I copied the Damashii article but I find it really hard to rewrite something in my own words after reading the material first. I felt like I have been being picked on by the users. I know that I am not the most liked person here and that doesn't help my position.

I have clearlly shown a thanks and credited BeyWiki forum and Damashii at the end of the article.

I'm afraid being sore about it doesn't really help people be nicer to you =/ perhaps, it's actually possible that people who're more humble about asking for help tend to get it more.
So I know to ask for help a bit nicer. I apologize for acting and carp in some of my posts. I can get a bit edgy when someone attacks me.