[Buying]  #Fafnir's Buying/Selling Thread

(Mar. 28, 2021  11:26 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Bump, still looking!
Edit: Decided to give a monetary idea as to how much I'll spend. I'll pay $40 for both the Hollow and Infinite rings as well as the Achilles chip. (This price is for all three btw, please contact me if you're only interested in selling one or more of the parts I'm interested in.)

I just want to say, you have been bumping this for awhile. I don't think you will get any offers. Also those beys go for $80 EACH. I don't think that you will get both of them, even without parts because frankly the parts a pretty common, for even $120. BTW this is just my opinion I don't actually know if there is anyone willing to sell.
(Mar. 29, 2021  1:24 AM)USN Wrote:
Edit: Decided to give a monetary idea as to how much I'll spend. I'll pay $40 for both the Hollow and Infinite rings as well as the Achilles chip. (This price is for all three btw, please contact me if you're only interested in selling one or more of the parts I'm interested in.)

I just want to say, you have been bumping this for awhile. I don't think you will get any offers. Also those beys go for $80 EACH. I don't think that you will get both of them, even without parts because frankly the parts a pretty common, for even $120. BTW this is just my opinion I don't actually know if there is anyone willing to sell.

He said he would pay $40 for three parts. Both rings and the Achilles chip. Not both beyblades for $40.
(Mar. 29, 2021  1:28 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2021  1:24 AM)USN Wrote: I just want to say, you have been bumping this for awhile. I don't think you will get any offers. Also those beys go for $80 EACH. I don't think that you will get both of them, even without parts because frankly the parts a pretty common, for even $120. BTW this is just my opinion I don't actually know if there is anyone willing to sell.

He said he would pay $40 for three parts. Both rings and the Achilles chip. Not both beyblades for $40.

Ya I know. The parts are worth a lot less though because you do not have to get them from a random booster.
(Mar. 29, 2021  2:14 AM)USN Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2021  1:28 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: He said he would pay $40 for three parts. Both rings and the Achilles chip. Not both beyblades for $40.

Ya I know. The parts are worth a lot less though because you do not have to get them from a random booster.
Do you mean they are worth more? Because your logic here doesn’t make sense to support argument.

Surely you must realize that is unbelievably low.  Infinite is $100 with the VAST MAJORITY of that value coming from the infinite ring.  Achilles, 7, loop and 1 D are worth MAYBE 1/4 of the price.  So inifinite alone is worth around $80 and you're asking someone to sell you that plus two other valuable parts for half that price.  Good luck.
(Mar. 29, 2021  2:24 AM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote:

Surely you must realize that is unbelievably low.  Infinite is $100 with the VAST MAJORITY of that value coming from the infinite ring.  Achilles, 7, loop and 1 D are worth MAYBE 1/4 of the price.  So inifinite alone is worth around $80 and you're asking someone to sell you that plus two other valuable parts for half that price.  Good luck.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKARA-TOMY-Bey...SwT3hflN53

This listing alone contradicts that. I can find multiple under $100, and I’ve even had people willing to give me the ring for $20. The unfortunate truth is that the ring isn’t worth as much alone as you think, and $80 for a ring is insane. No one, and I mean no one, would, or should, ever pay that much for a ring.
(Mar. 29, 2021  2:29 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2021  2:24 AM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote: Surely you must realize that is unbelievably low.  Infinite is $100 with the VAST MAJORITY of that value coming from the infinite ring.  Achilles, 7, loop and 1 D are worth MAYBE 1/4 of the price.  So inifinite alone is worth around $80 and you're asking someone to sell you that plus two other valuable parts for half that price.  Good luck.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKARA-TOMY-Bey...SwT3hflN53

This listing alone contradicts that. I can find multiple under $100, and I’ve even had people willing to give me the ring for $20. The unfortunate truth is that the ring isn’t worth as much alone as you think, and $80 for a ring is insane. No one, and I mean no one, would, or should, ever pay that much for a ring.

I simply took the price from Ever-Wish.  The point still stands.  Ring is safely 80% of the value.  At the $57 you linked that is $45.60 for the ring.  This guy is offering $40 for that ring plus two more items that add to comparable value.  A ridiculous ask.
(Mar. 29, 2021  3:49 AM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2021  2:29 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: https://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKARA-TOMY-Bey...SwT3hflN53

I simply took the price from Ever-Wish.  The point still stands.  Ring is safely 80% of the value.  At the $57 you linked that is $45.60 for the ring.  This guy is offering $40 for that ring plus two more items that add to comparable value.  A ridiculous ask.

I’ll be blunt: The only ridiculous ask here is the price you’re giving for the ring. At most, I’d say people would pay $25-30 at most for the ring. $45.60 is still a ridiculous price for just the ring.
(Mar. 29, 2021  4:13 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2021  3:49 AM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote: I simply took the price from Ever-Wish.  The point still stands.  Ring is safely 80% of the value.  At the $57 you linked that is $45.60 for the ring.  This guy is offering $40 for that ring plus two more items that add to comparable value.  A ridiculous ask.

I’ll be blunt: The only ridiculous ask here is the price you’re giving for the ring. At most, I’d say people would pay $25-30 at most for the ring. $45.60 is still a ridiculous price for just the ring.

So you think that the 1B chassis and Dimension', two non-competitive, non-rare parts make up $27-32 of Infinites value at that $57 pricepoint.  I'll be blunt: that's wrong.
(Mar. 29, 2021  2:20 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2021  2:14 AM)USN Wrote: Ya I know. The parts are worth a lot less though because you do not have to get them from a random booster.
Do you mean they are worth more? Because your logic here doesn’t make sense to support argument.

Yeah I mean that the layers are worth more. The rest of the part are worth about the same amount as average parts because the only new part introduced in either of those beys is high accel maybe dash. If you break apart a typical bey a normal chassis would cost about $7 just because they include the disk and a layer component. then an average driver would be about $5. These prices are just guesses based on how hard I think they would be to manufacture. Scratch what I said about hollow though. For some reason I thought that it was all repeat part just like Achilles. This website is a confirmed website: https://ever-wish.com/
They sell infinite Achilles for $100 so if we subtract the driver and chassis we get $88. Even if we subtract a whole king helios (Which has 1b that's why I'm using it.) it is still only $80. If you have any evidence against this can you please explain?
(Mar. 29, 2021  4:18 AM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2021  4:13 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I’ll be blunt: The only ridiculous ask here is the price you’re giving for the ring. At most, I’d say people would pay $25-30 at most for the ring. $45.60 is still a ridiculous price for just the ring.

So you think that the 1B chassis and Dimension', two non-competitive, non-rare parts make up $27-32 of Infinites value at that $57 pricepoint.  I'll be blunt: that's wrong.

Not necessarily. Your issue here is that you think a single part is worth so much money, but in reality, if you take away parts from a prize combo, or any official combo in general, the parts lose value when sold individually. This is also true for the rings. Although I think #Fafnir might be slightly underpaying (I’d go $45 for those three parts), $20 for each ring seems fair to me, considering they’re individual parts that are separated from their combos that made them worth the money they were worth.

You really shouldn’t judge someone when you yourself sound like someone who would pay insane prices for beyblades. Think about the average Beyblade enthusiast, or, I don’t know, think about how ridiculous $80 for one ring is.

Also, one other thing. Infinite is releasing in RBV25, so now he can definitely get just the ring for a reasonable price now.
(Mar. 29, 2021  1:47 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2021  4:18 AM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote: So you think that the 1B chassis and Dimension', two non-competitive, non-rare parts make up $27-32 of Infinites value at that $57 pricepoint.  I'll be blunt: that's wrong.

Not necessarily. Your issue here is that you think a single part is worth so much money, but in reality, if you take away parts from a prize combo, or any official combo in general, the parts lose value when sold individually. This is also true for the rings. Although I think #Fafnir might be slightly underpaying (I’d go $45 for those three parts), $20 for each ring seems fair to me, considering they’re individual parts that are separated from their combos that made them worth the money they were worth.

You really shouldn’t judge someone when you yourself sound like someone who would pay insane prices for beyblades. Think about the average Beyblade enthusiast, or, I don’t know, someone who actually understand the value of plastic and metal.
Sorry if we made you feel like you were being judged. I was just trying to have a debate about this topic because I do not know anyone in real life who is into beyblades. Also I want to say that just in case you still feel that way, I think that you are very helpful when it comes to anything on the WBO and I am glad that you are here. Smile
(Mar. 29, 2021  1:47 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2021  4:18 AM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote: So you think that the 1B chassis and Dimension', two non-competitive, non-rare parts make up $27-32 of Infinites value at that $57 pricepoint.  I'll be blunt: that's wrong.

You really shouldn’t judge someone when you yourself sound like someone who would pay insane prices for beyblades. Think about the average Beyblade enthusiast, or, I don’t know, think about how ridiculous $80 for one ring is.

Also, one other thing. Infinite is releasing in RBV25, so now he can definitely get just the ring for a reasonable price now.

Show me Infinite selling for anywhere near your price.  It doesn't.

You've latched onto this $80 number that I provided to discredit me.  Are you willfully ignoring my response and explanation that this was simply the price from Ever-wish?  This does not indicate "you yourself sound like someone who would pay insane prices for beyblades".

A single part is worth so much money.  The ring is the driver of the majority of the value of the combo.  You can confirm this by comparing the relative prices of the Infinite prize bey to other beys containing the 1B and Dimension' driver.
Adding in my two cents for the above discussion, it really doesn’t matter what you think is an outrageous price for a toy. That’s an opinion based statement, and it’s really all about the market price. Just because you wouldn’t pay market price for it, and just because you searched 20+ pages for a cheaper price versus all the others, doesn’t make it so.
Here's the problem with the "Your severely underpaying" claims:
All of them are moot, because no one on the market is selling these parts individually.
GrinAndBarrett, here's my response to you:
Infinite Achilles (Shield) 7 Loop 1D sells anywhere from $50-$65. At the moment, ThePortal0 is selling it for $57 on their eBay store. It’s coming with five pieces, let’s do some quick math. It consists of the Infinite ring, Achilles chip, 1D chassis, 7 disk, and Loop driver. 5 pieces. Dividing the price tag results in each part costing around $11.40. I took this into account, and set a $25 starting offer for the ring and chip ($2.20 over the value for two pieces). Let’s jump into the Hollow ring. Hollow Valkyrie 11 Absorb 1D sells for about $40, and consists of five pieces: the Hollow ring, Valkyrie chip, 1D chassis, 11 disk, and Absorb-so five parts. Dividing the price tag by the number of parts again, the result is $8. I almost DOUBLED this price ($15) and set it as the starting offer. So, no, the logic that the rings are worth $80 each (Double the price of the complete Hollow Valkyrie, and over 80% of the price of (Sword) Infinite Achilles) is not valid.
CheetoBlader, here's my response to you:
Though valid, your first point is a double edged sword. In this scenario, no certain person's opinion on the price matters. "No one" refers to my, your, and everyone else's opinion on what price is outrageous. Let's talk about "It's really all about the market price". I'll be quite blunt: There is none, and the argument "But the full Beyblade is so and so" is quite incorrect.
Now, with all of this said, I find it absolutely ridiculous that y'all saw the need to create what is essentially a minefield in this thread.
good luck finding what ur looking for!
(Mar. 29, 2021  10:25 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Infinite Achilles (Shield) 7 Loop 1D sells anywhere from $50-$65. At the moment, ThePortal0 is selling it for $57 on their eBay store. It’s coming with five pieces, let’s do some quick math. It consists of the Infinite ring, Achilles chip, 1D chassis, 7 disk, and Loop driver. 5 pieces. Dividing the price tag results in each part costing around $11.40.
I got a headache reading this. That’s not how it works. You go by individual value, not dividing, because those parts do not have the same value. 1D, 7, and Loop are not all worth $11.40 at all. Your logic is flawed, and a lot of your points also gave me headaches.

Please rethink your logic and points made
(Mar. 29, 2021  10:25 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Here's the problem with the "Your severely underpaying" claims:
All of them are moot, because no one on the market is selling these parts individually.
Infinite Achilles (Shield) 7 Loop 1D sells anywhere from $50-$65. At the moment, ThePortal0 is selling it for $57 on their eBay store. It’s coming with five pieces, let’s do some quick math. It consists of the Infinite ring, Achilles chip, 1D chassis, 7 disk, and Loop driver. 5 pieces. Dividing the price tag results in each part costing around $11.40. I took this into account, and set a $25 starting offer for the ring and chip ($2.20 over the value for two pieces). Let’s jump into the Hollow ring. Hollow Valkyrie 11 Absorb 1D sells for about $40, and consists of five pieces: the Hollow ring, Valkyrie chip, 1D chassis, 11 disk, and Absorb-so five parts. Dividing the price tag by the number of parts again, the result is $8. I almost DOUBLED this price ($15) and set it as the starting offer. So, no, the logic that the rings are worth $80 each (Double the price of the complete Hollow Valkyrie, and over 80% of the price of (Sword) Infinite Achilles) is not valid.
Though valid, your first point is a double edged sword. In this scenario, no certain person's opinion on the price matters. "No one" refers to my, your, and everyone else's opinion on what price is outrageous. Let's talk about "It's really all about the market price". I'll be quite blunt: There is none, and the argument "But the full Beyblade is so and so" is quite incorrect.
Now, with all of this said, I find it absolutely ridiculous that y'all saw the need to create what is essentially a minefield in this thread.
You divided price by number of parts to determine part value.  Hahahahahahahaha, you've convinced me.
(Mar. 29, 2021  11:37 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2021  10:25 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Infinite Achilles (Shield) 7 Loop 1D sells anywhere from $50-$65. At the moment, ThePortal0 is selling it for $57 on their eBay store. It’s coming with five pieces, let’s do some quick math. It consists of the Infinite ring, Achilles chip, 1D chassis, 7 disk, and Loop driver. 5 pieces. Dividing the price tag results in each part costing around $11.40.
I got a headache reading this. That’s not how it works. You go by individual value, not dividing, because those parts do not have the same value. 1D, 7, and Loop are not all worth $11.40 at all. Your logic is flawed, and a lot of your points also gave me headaches.

They may not be worth said value competitive wise, but from a selling/buying standpoint, they most certainly are.
Saying "But these parts are available in different colors from other, cheaper releases" is like saying the 0Dagger and Ultimate Reboot' from the Evil Dragon Version of Prime Apocalypse are worth the same as the 0Dagger Ultimate Reboot' from the B-152 GT Customize Set, when clearly they aren't.

I could argue that your logic is what's flawed, but you and I both know that'd end in circles. So instead, I'm going to ask you this:
Why are you ignoring the majority of points made by BuilderROB and I?
(Mar. 29, 2021  11:39 PM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2021  10:25 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Here's the problem with the "Your severely underpaying" claims:
You divided price by number of parts to determine part value.  Hahahahahahahaha, you've convinced me.

This isn't the first time you've responded with a retort like that. I ask that you stop doing that, as no one finds it cute, but rather quite rude.
My response to Cheeto applies here as well.
(Mar. 29, 2021  11:59 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2021  11:37 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I got a headache reading this. That’s not how it works. You go by individual value, not dividing, because those parts do not have the same value. 1D, 7, and Loop are not all worth $11.40 at all. Your logic is flawed, and a lot of your points also gave me headaches.

I could argue that your logic is what's flawed, but you and I both know that'd end in circles. So instead, I'm going to ask you this:
(Mar. 29, 2021  11:39 PM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote: You divided price by number of parts to determine part value.  Hahahahahahahaha, you've convinced me.

This isn't the first time you've responded with a retort like that. I ask that you stop doing that, as no one finds it cute, but rather quite rude.
I’m not ignoring them, it’s just that most of them are moot or give me an unwanted headache. Why are you ignoring the points made by GrinAndBarrett and I?

And for the response to GaB, it wasn’t particularly rude, it also seems you’re the only one bothered by it (and if you text him for support, ROB as well because let’s be real, it happens a lot)

Not trying to be rude here, but it seems like you’re not getting the points we’re making, also please stop putting words in my mouth. You’ve done it (or made it seem like it, whether or not it was your intention) at least twice and it is quite annoying, especially when you try and make points on it
(Mar. 30, 2021  12:18 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2021  11:59 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I could argue that your logic is what's flawed, but you and I both know that'd end in circles. So instead, I'm going to ask you this:

I’m not ignoring them, it’s just that most of them are moot or give me an unwanted headache. Why are you ignoring the points made by GrinAndBarrett and I?

And for the response to GaB, it wasn’t particularly rude, it also seems you’re the only one bothered by it (and if you text him for support, ROB as well because let’s be real, it happens a lot)

Not trying to be rude here, but it seems like you’re not getting the points we’re making, also please stop putting words in my mouth. You’ve done it (or made it seem like it, whether or not it was your intention) at least twice and it is quite annoying, especially when you try and make points on it

Your points aren't being ignored. If they were, I wouldn't be responding to them.
So wait, you're trying to tell me that mocking someone isn't rude? Also, I didn't ask him to post what he did. I actually would've preferred to make the points myself, seeing as this is my argument. But hey, if he wants to take a shot at explaining something, I don't see why I nor anyone else should stop him.
It's not that I "Don't get the points you and GaB are making", it's that they're invalid. I even bolded my reason as to why I believe so, yet it appears that it was ignored as well.
Pretty sure I'm not the one who started ranting about how my offer was "too low". You know what's annoying? Showing up in a buying thread without the intention of contributing to the topic at hand in any way.
(Mar. 30, 2021  12:38 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2021  12:18 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I’m not ignoring them, it’s just that most of them are moot or give me an unwanted headache. Why are you ignoring the points made by GrinAndBarrett and I?

Your points aren't being ignored. If they were, I wouldn't be responding to them.
So wait, you're trying to tell me that mocking someone isn't rude? Also, I didn't ask him to post what he did. I actually would've preferred to make the points myself, seeing as this is my argument. But hey, if he wants to take a shot at explaining something, I don't see why I nor anyone else should stop him.
It's not that I "Don't get the points you and GaB are making", it's that they're invalid. I even bolded my reason as to why I believe so, yet it appears that it was ignored as well.
Pretty sure I'm not the one who started ranting about how my offer was "too low". You know what's annoying? Showing up in a buying thread without the intention of contributing to the topic at hand in any way.

Our points are invalid? You literally thought dividing cost by part count would be the correct price. And don’t even start with the “not contributing to the topic” if you contributed to the argument as well. And we are contributing actually, we’re suggesting you change your price if you actually want Hollow, Achilles, and Infinite.
#Fafnir, I don’t agree with how you divided the part value up. I agree with what others said when they said to price by individual value in that aspect. With that being said, whatever reason one buys an Infinite Achilles for is different. Yes, the majority of people are going to buy it for the ring, but some people want the entire combo or a different part of the combo, maybe because they want that part in a specific color. One’s intent should not be definite, meaning just because you think that the infinite ring makes up 80% of the value doesn’t mean it actually does. Dividing the parts up to determine value is probably the best way to go about it, although I do agree that most people buy it for the new parts, not the older ones. It is also important to mention that when pricing the prize Beyblade parts, you have to think about the fact that these are not just regular, common versions of the parts. They are in different colors that make them worth more than usual.

This does not even matter anymore anyways. Infinite is being rereleased in RBV25, and Hollow Valkyrie can be found for a decent price if you look.
(Mar. 30, 2021  12:53 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2021  12:38 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: Your points aren't being ignored. If they were, I wouldn't be responding to them.

Our points are invalid? You literally thought dividing cost by part count would be the correct price. And don’t even start with the “not contributing to the topic” if you contributed to the argument as well. And we are contributing actually, we’re suggesting you change your price if you actually want Hollow, Achilles, and Infinite.

Dividing the cost by the part count isn't going to produce the most accurate result, you're right. That was just to get an idea as to what I was looking at, and then tweak the value of each part. I didn't make this clear though, which is entirely my fault, and I apologize for that.
So, am I just supposed to not respond when someone quotes me? That's really what it sounds like you're saying here, please do correct me if I'm wrong.
The thing is, neither of us really know what it's worth. They're individual parts from certain random booster beyblades, which makes it incredibly hard to price them accurately. It'd be a little easier if the complete confirmed beyblades had an actual MSRP, but because they're from random boosters, the price is really up to the seller's discretion.
I've now acquired the Infinite and Hollow rings. As a result, I'll be changing the name of the thread back to "#Fafnir's Buying and Selling Thread" and will update it when/if I have something to sell/buy.
Still looking for bullet?