Burst: Primer and Random Thoughts Thread

Primer and Random Thoughts Thread

Welcome to the primer and random thoughts thread for the new Burst Format! In this format, only Burst Beyblades can be used and all battles are in the Burst Beystadium Standard Type!

If you want more detail about what the Burst format is, keep reading! If you just want to talk about the format in general, simply post here! Remember, while you may discuss random thoughts pertaining to the Burst, you need to follow the all the rules of the forum so you don't spam!

:: What is the Burst Format? ::

The Burst format is the newest format for WBO-sanctioned tournaments!

:: What Beyblade parts can I use? ::

All Beyblade Burst parts are legal in this format! That means everything from this new series is legal in this format!

:: What stadium do I use? ::

All tournaments for the Burst format will use the B-09 Beystadium Standard Type, as shown here:

• The reason this stadium is used is because it is one of the most fair stadiums currently available for every type of Beyblade and not bias in 1-2 of the types:
    It has actual exits instead of pockets or walls, which makes it easier to tell when an attack type gets a KO.
  • It does not have a flat bottom, which is good because the slopes ensure more consistent contact between the Beyblades.
  • It has a tornado ridge of a reasonable height, meaning it can catch Beyblades without always stopping them from exiting the stadium.
  • This stadium has only been released in Japan, meaning one does have to buy this stadium online, but for those who are interested in becoming a serious WBO tournament goer, this is an essential and very worthwhile purchase.

:: Resources ::

Here are some links to some threads that can be helpful for Burst:

Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion

What to buy to be successful in Burst (Public Discussion!):

BeyCloud - TAKARA-TOMY's various ways to collect BeyPoints

Beyblade Burst Layer teeth/burst mechanism Discussion

With that, welcome (back) to the Burst format! If you have any questions or random thoughts regarding this format, post them here!
Great idea for a thread. I have some Odin tests that I am posting later tonight and feel like doing some more testing. Any requests? I have already done OSS vs DSS, OSA vs DSA, and OSS vs VSS. I already plan to test OSB vs DSS and do some testing with Claw, probably DSS vs DSC. Any other combos you would like tested guys?
(Oct. 27, 2015  12:25 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Great idea for a thread. I have some Odin tests that I am posting later tonight and feel like doing some more testing. Any requests? I have already done OSS vs DSS, OSA vs DSA, and OSS vs VSS. I already plan to test OSB vs DSS and do some testing with Claw, probably DSS vs DSC. Any other combos you would like tested guys?

Could you also do WHC vs DSS? I did so myself and found that WHC was really good against DSS because it tended to make it "self-destruct" in a sense. I'm the only one that I know that's tested these combos 'cos they're kinda odd. It'd be awesome if you could test it too and see if we get the same result.
Cool, yeah, that is interesting, I would think Deathscyther would beat that everytime, I will certainly test it
Wyvern Heavy Accel/Survive vs Odin Spread Accel/Survive please Smile
Could you test DeathScyther Spread/Heavy Blow vs DeathScyther/Wyvern Spread Survive please? Smile

Also, great thread, UltimateOrion!
(Oct. 26, 2015  11:37 PM)UltimateOrion Wrote: This stadium has only been released in Vietnam, meaning one does have to buy this stadium online, but for those who are interested in becoming a serious WBO tournament goer, this is an essential and very worthwhile purchase

Just a small mistake : it was never released in Vietnam, only in Japan, even if it says "Made in Vietnam" hah.
(Oct. 27, 2015  12:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2015  11:37 PM)UltimateOrion Wrote: This stadium has only been released in Vietnam, meaning one does have to buy this stadium online, but for those who are interested in becoming a serious WBO tournament goer, this is an essential and very worthwhile purchase

Just a small mistake : it was never released in Vietnam, only in Japan, even if it says "Made in Vietnam" hah.

Just fixed it thanks.
I don't know if this is the right thread for this, so please tell me if I should be asking this somewhere else. I don't know much about burst, but from what I've been reading, the Odin layer is banned. I was wondering if there are any other parts are banned.
No Odin is the only part in burst that is banned
(Aug. 03, 2016  2:47 AM)FruitSalad Wrote: I don't know if this is the right thread for this, so please tell me if I should be asking this somewhere else. I don't know much about burst, but from what I've been reading, the Odin layer is banned. I was wondering if there are any other parts are banned.

Just Odin at the moment. Smile

Next time, please use Ask a Question, Get an Answer! #2.
(Aug. 03, 2016  2:50 AM)Hato Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2016  2:47 AM)FruitSalad Wrote: I don't know if this is the right thread for this, so please tell me if I should be asking this somewhere else. I don't know much about burst, but from what I've been reading, the Odin layer is banned. I was wondering if there are any other parts are banned.

Just Odin at the moment. Smile

Next time, please use Ask a Question, Get an Answer! #2.

Thanks!