Bump

What does it mean when people say BUMP!!!, I honestly don't understand
That's a fair question.

When you "bump" a thread, it means you are adding another post to it in order to "bump" it to the top of the order of Latest Posts. This is so that the post retains visibility, and questions get answered and discussion continues, ideally.

It is what people do to their threads when their threads aren't interesting or useful enough to maintain activity on their own.

I recommend that people stop doing this.
To add to what DeceasedCrab has already stated, BUMP can be an acronym for "Bring Up My Post". It's usually accepted in forums if the topic hasn't been updated in several days/weeks and still needs clarifications or still has needs to fulfill.

Bumping a post yourself only after several minutes or hours can be deemed as spam or a double-post, which is not a good thing. Bumping a topic that is months or years old with irrelevant information or spam is considered "Necro Bumping" which means "reviving a dead thread", which is also not a good thing.
(Dec. 13, 2019  12:02 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: That's a fair question.

When you "bump" a thread, it means you are adding another post to it in order to "bump" it to the top of the order of Latest Posts. This is so that the post retains visibility, and questions get answered and discussion continues, ideally.

It is what people do to their threads when their threads aren't interesting or useful enough to maintain activity on their own.

I recommend that people stop doing this.

(Dec. 13, 2019  1:59 AM)BreakerDS Wrote: To add to what DeceasedCrab has already stated, BUMP can be an acronym for "Bring Up My Post". It's usually accepted in forums if the topic hasn't been updated in several days/weeks and still needs clarifications or still has needs to fulfill.

Bumping a post yourself only after several minutes or hours can be deemed as spam or a double-post, which is not a good thing. Bumping a topic that is months or years old with irrelevant information or spam is considered "Necro Bumping" which means "reviving a dead thread", which is also not a good thing.

Thank you for the info