[Blog]  BeyBase.com – Become a Better Blader (Kei's Beyblade Blog)

(Jul. 22, 2021  8:36 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2021  2:53 AM)Kei Wrote: Hi everyone! Recently, I hosted and competed in Toronto’s first Beyblade Burst tournament in nearly 10 months, HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12!

I wrote a report for it and split it into two parts. The first covers how I prepared for the event and the experimental rules we used. The second covers the tournament itself and what combinations were the most successful.

Check out the posts now and comment to let me know what you guys think! I’d love to hear from you.

[Image: sCrl51y.jpg]

Read Now: How to Prepare for a Competitive Beyblade Burst Tournament (HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12 Report – Part 1)

[Image: ZmpP0Qm.jpg]

Read Now: What Are The Best Beyblade Burst Dynamite Battle Combos For Tournaments? (HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12 Report – Part 2)

They do have an account! It's BeybladeGeeks.
They haven't been online for...3 years...

They're very busy with running the most popular Beyblade channel plus living there normal lives so I think that it's acceptable for them to not be online anymore
(Jul. 22, 2021  3:45 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2021  8:36 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: They haven't been online for...3 years...

They're very busy with running the most popular Beyblade channel plus living there normal lives so I think that it's acceptable for them to not be online anymore
This probably isn’t the thread to talk about this, but yes they are busy. They upload 1 time every 2 days and edit their videos a lot. Plus they are living their normal lives, battling off camera, researching mods and stuff, and they might have jobs besides youtube.
I think in general they just don't use the WBO forums here (even when they were active during MFB era, they rarely posted).
(Jul. 20, 2021  2:14 AM)Kei Wrote: Hey everyone! I've been working really hard to get this report out as soon as possible for HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12 (Burst Limited) that I hosted and participated in a few weeks ago.

In this report, I cover:

1. The matches I played in the first and final stage in detail.
  2. An overview and my thoughts on what the metagame was like in this tournament. In particular, I seek to answer the question about whether opposite spin combos using parts like the Drift Driver and Zone’+Z Driver are too powerful for the format.
  3. Some thoughts on two key factors to consider for any Beyblade format: balance versus diversity.

[Image: 0pNGrYZ.jpg]

Read Now: Are Spin Stealing Combos Too Powerful in Beyblade Burst Limited Format? (WBO Tournament Report)
Love this article as I haven't played limited for a while now.
I was interested that you did not include drift in your deck, I personally like it on Hazard Kerbeus 00B as it is quite able to KO or burst attack types in same spin (albeit with a burst risk) with practice.
I also use a similar Geist combo.
I like to use Hell Kerbecs remake on a stable dash driver as it has sufficient recoil to KO and burst attack types with good LAD and stamina.
So far haven't found a stable layer for drift in Limited.
Hey everyone! Just published another new tournament report. This time it's for Back to the Classics Part 1, which was our first Burst Classic tournament in Toronto in two years!

It was the third different format we played in July. It was honestly a little overwhelming and left me wondering: does Beyblade have too many competitive formats?

In this new tournament report I've shared:

1. Why I judged, but did not play.
  2. My approach to ranked events and choosing an area of specialty in Beyblade.
  3. A summary of some of my observations, including the Beyblades that were used and the combinations that were used by the winning players.

[Image: 0ezdtvi.jpg]

Read Now: Does Beyblade Have Too Many Competitive Formats? (WBO Burst Classic Tournament Report)

(Jul. 23, 2021  10:55 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Love this article as I haven't played limited for a while now.
I was interested that you did not include drift in your deck, I personally like it on Hazard Kerbeus 00B as it is quite able to KO or burst attack types in same spin (albeit with a burst risk) with practice.
I like to use Hell Kerbecs remake on a stable dash driver as it has sufficient recoil to KO and burst attack types with good LAD and stamina.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

My overall strategy was pretty similar across both that event and the standard Burst Format event we did that day. I knew there would be a big focus from players on the Drift Driver and I really want to do my best to avoid playing the Drift versus Drift game with everyone. Thanks to my confidence in the benefits of the awoken Rise Driver alongside other Drivers like Bearing and Zone'+Z, I was able to get away with not using it. I'm not even sure I like it that much in Burst Limited. In the standard Burst Format it instantly became more attractive because it acts more calm on DB Layers, but that isn't the case in Burst Limited.

Hazard Kerbeus is a Layer I'd like to test more with. It always seems to do well at events, but I haven't loved it personally in my testing  with it so far. I might have tested with it more in preparation  for this event, but I was riding so high on the Rise Driver and spent a lot of the time I had to test making sure that I was confident my Rise combos were legitimate contenders. I spent a lot of time deciding what Layers to use on it. In particular I spent a lot of time comparing the pros and cons of Right αrtemis versus the Rock Layer Base on Rise. There was another pure attack type combo that I enjoyed the performance of during my testing that I didn't end up feeling the need to use, but I won't reveal that for now just in case I need to use it in the future. Smile

I didn't test with Hell Kerbecs much, but do you find it bursts frequently? I spent more time trying to find a combination for Flame Sagittario, Ray, or Earth Aquila that might work for the format. Ended up deciding on Earth Aquila with Metal Defense as I mentioned in the report ... but I wasn't all that confident in it and only used it for fun in the one match at the end of the round robin where I was already guaranteed a spot in the finals.
(Aug. 06, 2021  1:45 AM)Kei Wrote: Hey everyone! Just published another new tournament report. This time it's for Back to the Classics Part 1, which was our first Burst Classic tournament in Toronto in two years!

It was the third different format we played in July. It was honestly a little overwhelming and left me wondering: does Beyblade have too many competitive formats?

3. A summary of some of my observations, including the Beyblades that were used and the combinations that were used by the winning players.

Read Now: Does Beyblade Have Too Many Competitive Formats? (WBO Burst Classic Tournament Report)

(Jul. 23, 2021  10:55 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Love this article as I haven't played limited for a while now.

My overall strategy was pretty similar across both that event and the standard Burst Format event we did that day. I knew there would be a big focus from players on the Drift Driver and I really want to do my best to avoid playing the Drift versus Drift game with everyone. Thanks to my confidence in the benefits of the awoken Rise Driver alongside other Drivers like Bearing and Zone'+Z, I was able to get away with not using it. I'm not even sure I like it that much in Burst Limited. In the standard Burst Format it instantly became more attractive because it acts more calm on DB Layers, but that isn't the case in Burst Limited.

Hazard Kerbeus is a Layer I'd like to test more with. It always seems to do well at events, but I haven't loved it personally in my testing  with it so far. I might have tested with it more in preparation  for this event, but I was riding so high on the Rise Driver and spent a lot of the time I had to test making sure that I was confident my Rise combos were legitimate contenders. I spent a lot of time deciding what Layers to use on it. In particular I spent a lot of time comparing the pros and cons of Right αrtemis versus the Rock Layer Base on Rise. There was another pure attack type combo that I enjoyed the performance of during my testing that I didn't end up feeling the need to use, but I won't reveal that for now just in case I need to use it in the future. Smile

I didn't test with Hell Kerbecs much, but do you find it bursts frequently? I spent more time trying to find a combination for Flame Sagittario, Ray, or Earth Aquila that might work for the format. Ended up deciding on Earth Aquila with Metal Defense as I mentioned in the report ... but I wasn't all that confident in it and only used it for fun in the one match at the end of the round robin where I was already guaranteed a spot in the finals.

I liked this Kei! It was awesome and full of information! I might've missed it but did you mention where you can buy Singe Layer Beys? Because I'm looking for some.
(Aug. 06, 2021  1:45 AM)Kei Wrote: Hey everyone! Just published another new tournament report. This time it's for Back to the Classics Part 1, which was our first Burst Classic tournament in Toronto in two years!

Oh yes the Kerbecs part of it makes it easy to burst, but I also think the mechanism used to insert the teeth into the layer plays a part. I used Destroy' 8Proof. Even tho 8 has bad burst resistance this isn't a problem. It has good enough recoil which is why I chose to test it (other than the fact I have no other rremakes) and the sheer stamina of the layer can be enough to tie in opposite spin (other than the fact my Destroy' is very free-spinning and worn).

Hazard Kerbeus seems to be a popular part due to its attack tho, something which didn't really work well for me. So I used it on drift and use it's speed to advantage. It takes a while, but in time you will be able to get enough contacts to win against attack types.

I retired my deep chaos for hazard Kerbeus as I felt it's burst resistance was too little due to the increasing use of Legend Spriggan in my friend group.

I personally see rise as inferior to something like Hold' in Limited, as using it on Geist Fafnir makes it vulnerable to Nightmare, swap it for Hold' and my problem is gone! Then again Hold' doesn't provide aggresion, but if given the choice between Zone'+Z and Hold' I would choose the latter, i think from the videos it can be seen how unstable Zone'+Z is.

Edit: just saw Hell Kerbecs and other Metal Fight remakes have been banned save for a few. Looks like I have to find a replacement
Hey Kei, I read your latest BeyBase article about 3 steps to preparing for a tournament and it was pretty helpful to me! Just one question though, I don’t have access to the winning combinations spreadsheet, so could you possibly send a link please?
Hello everyone! Just published a new article.

If you're serious about winning Beyblade tournaments, you must already know that preparation is crucial. But do you know how to properly prepare? My 3 step guide can help. It covers:

1. How to Research & Gather Meaningful Beyblade Tournament Data
  2. How to Effectively Conduct Beyblade Testing for Tournaments
  3. Defining a Beyblade Tournament Strategy

I've put together this guide based on the evolution of my process as I prepared for Toronto's first ranked tournament of the year recently: Bey Fray Qt.

[Image: yjaK52l.jpg]

Read Now: 3 Step Guide To Preparing For a Competitive Beyblade Tournament (Bey Fray Qt Report - Part 1)

(Sep. 04, 2021  9:43 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Hey Kei, I read your latest BeyBase article about 3 steps to preparing for a tournament and it was pretty helpful to me! Just one question though, I don’t have access to the winning combinations spreadsheet, so could you possibly send a link please?

Thank you! I actually got a few other e-mails about that this morning and fixed it. If you click the link in the article now it should work.
(Sep. 04, 2021  11:00 PM)Kei Wrote: Hello everyone! Just published a new article.

If you're serious about winning Beyblade tournaments, you must already know that preparation is crucial. But do you know how to properly prepare? My 3 step guide can help. It covers:

1. How to Research & Gather Meaningful Beyblade Tournament Data
  2. How to Effectively Conduct Beyblade Testing for Tournaments
  3. Defining a Beyblade Tournament Strategy

I've put together this guide based on the evolution of my process as I prepared for Toronto's first ranked tournament of the year recently: Bey Fray Qt.

[Image: yjaK52l.jpg]

Read Now: 3 Step Guide To Preparing For a Competitive Beyblade Tournament (Bey Fray Qt Report - Part 1)

Great Article Kei! This will help me approach tournaments in a more structured way now!

Just like to ask if you think my deck is good. I know you mentioned having more than one option is good, but I prefer having one main deck, and only tweak it at the exact moment you meet the opponent.
My Deck:
Cyclone Belial Giga Zephyr'-2
Heaven Dragon II Wheel Drift
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Hold'

what are your opinions on this deck?
Hey everyone! Part two of my Bey Fray Qt report is now up.

In this second part we’ll now be jumping into the tournament itself. We’ll be covering:

1. What were the rules for this Beyblade tournament?
  2. What were the strongest Beyblade Burst parts in this tournament?
  3. The top 3 new Beyblade Burst DB parts for tournaments
  4. First Stage Report – Battle Format Analysis & Matches Outline

[Image: 6w8vf2F.jpg]

Read Now: The Top 3 New Beyblade Burst DB Parts For Tournaments (Bey Fray Qt Report – Part 2)

(Sep. 07, 2021  1:29 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Great Article Kei! This will help me approach tournaments in a more structured way now!

Just like to ask if you think my deck is good. I know you mentioned having more than one option is good, but I prefer having one main deck, and only tweak it at the exact moment you meet the opponent.
My Deck:
Cyclone Belial Giga Zephyr'-2
Heaven Dragon II Wheel Drift
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Hold'

what are your opinions on this deck?

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that!

That's a pretty interesting deck. It's  a lot different from any deck I've been seeing recently.

I don't have experience with Heaven on Drift or awakened Hold' (I'm assuming it is based on what you talked about before), so it's hard for me to comment on those combos. My feeling is that Dynamite Valkyrie and Giga/Over would be better for Drift. As for the Cyclone combo, I can see it doing OK in some situations as an anti-attacker maybe ... but it seems quite narrow in terms of how it could be effectively used. I'd rather have a rubber-based Driver attack type using Quick' or Xtreme' in my Deck. That is, unless you've found that the Cyclone combo can also OS some top tier opponents in the same spin direction. If it can, that would give it enough versatility to perhaps justify using it. That's what made Odin Yell Zephyr' so good in Burst Classic for me before Zephyr' was banned.
Hey Kei, I don’t think the post on beybase for your most recent article went through, and I did try twice, so is it ok if I ask here?

Hey Kei! I really enjoyed reading this article as it gives me so much info about guilty and also shows how important testing and having good parts can be. I do actually have 2 questions regarding this article however:
1- I saw you switched up the combo to guilty Bahamut giga xtreme Metal-2 which was a very smart move. When guilty first came out I saw people using it on karma and I was like NO NO NO! Use giga! It doesn’t scrape on attack beys like over or tapered, it’s still very heavy and has enough stamina and LAD to beat the popular nexus+s xtreme’ or quick’ variants of the combo or even savior on nexus +s with xtreme or quick. Plus stamina doesn’t hurt. But Bahamut and metal xtreme is lighter than Longinus and xteeme’ if I looked at the weights correctly. I did compare the weights from zankye’s channel in his unboxings he shows each parts weight. I understand in deck the Bahamut and xtreme Metal free’s the Longinus and xtreme’ for other uses but in the first stage wouldn’t it be better to use Longinus on xtreme’? Or am I missing something? Cause it won’t burst since it has Longinus and a dash driver.
2- I saw for your right spin stamina combos, and your always awesome rise combo you were using devil instead of dynamite. Is this personal preference or did you find that Devil is better than dynamite for specific things?
If you answer these questions, thanks in advance! I really enjoy reading your articles and I have been since the beggining of 2020, anyways I really enjoyed the article, bye!
Hey Kei, what do you mean by Over "(1 Star)" when writing combos?
(Dec. 16, 2019  2:10 AM)originalzankye Wrote: Congrats Kei! Really like the layout of the site and the content on the blogs are very informative!

zankye I have one dream in real life as of now and that is to be #1 in the leaderboards of worldbeyblade.org and i will stop at nothing 💪👍🤟 and some day i hope to battle u in canida and win and you are my favoriteite person i dont care if u are a youtuber i like u fore who u are and people that only like u for being a youtuber are not nice or kind
(Sep. 22, 2021  3:08 AM)Beybladedb Wrote: Hey Kei, what do you mean by Over "(1 Star)" when writing combos?

Every disc has a certain number of star stamps (1 to 4). They're not for any functional purpose other than helping you identify which disc is yours in the event that you're using the same one as your opponent. That being said, a four star disc is theoretically more balanced than a one star. The difference is minimal, but it's worth noting in testing.

Layer weights and chassis also use stars. I can't remember off of the top of my head if armor does, too, but I imagine it would.
(Sep. 22, 2021  4:21 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote:
(Sep. 22, 2021  3:08 AM)Beybladedb Wrote: Hey Kei, what do you mean by Over "(1 Star)" when writing combos?

Every disc has a certain number of star stamps (1 to 4). They're not for any functional purpose other than helping you identify which disc is yours if you're using the same one as your opponent. That being said, a four-star disc is theoretically more balanced than a one star. The difference is minimal, but it's worth noting in testing.

Layer weights and chassis also use stars. I can't remember off of the top of my head if armour does, too, but I imagine it would.

okay because I have a tapered 1 star and a tapered 4 star so I will use the 4 star because its balanced even though its such a small amount
(Sep. 22, 2021  4:16 PM)Haydenjhart Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2019  2:10 AM)originalzankye Wrote: Congrats Kei! Really like the layout of the site and the content on the blogs are very informative!

zankye I have one dream in real life as of now and that is to be #1 in the leaderboards of worldbeyblade.org and i will stop at nothing 💪👍🤟 and some day i hope to battle u in canida and win and  you are my favoriteite person i dont care if u are a youtuber i like u fore who u are and people that only like u for being a youtuber are not nice or kind

That post was during 2019. I doubt he will reply you.
(Sep. 23, 2021  9:33 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote:
(Sep. 22, 2021  4:16 PM)Haydenjhart Wrote: zankye I have one dream in real life as of now and that is to be #1 in the leaderboards of worldbeyblade.org and i will stop at nothing 💪👍🤟 and some day i hope to battle u in canida and win and  you are my favoriteite person i dont care if u are a youtuber i like u fore who u are and people that only like u for being a youtuber are not nice or kind

That post was during 2019. I doubt he will reply you.

o ok
Posted a few new articles recently! Check them out:

[Image: 8t7zLD1.jpg]

Read Now: How Good is B-189 Guilty Longinus Karma Metal Destroy-2? (Beyblade Review)

[Image: j3IAkYs.jpg]

Read Now: Has The Savior Blade Made Right-Spin Attack Competitive Again? (Bey Fray Qt Report – Part 3)

(Sep. 22, 2021  1:07 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Hey Kei, I don’t think the post on beybase for your most recent article went through, and I did try twice, so is it ok if I ask here?

Hey! Thanks so much for reading. Comments on the site actually require approval since I get attacked by so many spam bots ... I got your comment on there and will publish it and reply as soon as I get a chance!
(Sep. 25, 2021  4:23 PM)Kei Wrote: Posted a few new articles recently! Check them out:

[Image: 8t7zLD1.jpg]

Read Now: How Good is B-189 Guilty Longinus Karma Metal Destroy-2? (Beyblade Review)

[Image: j3IAkYs.jpg]

Read Now: Has The Savior Blade Made Right-Spin Attack Competitive Again? (Bey Fray Qt Report – Part 3)

(Sep. 22, 2021  1:07 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Hey Kei, I don’t think the post on beybase for your most recent article went through, and I did try twice, so is it ok if I ask here?

Hey! Thanks so much for reading. Comments on the site actually require approval since I get attacked by so many spam bots ... I got your comment on there and will publish it and reply as soon as I get a chance!

Ok, thanks! And keep up the great work with the articles!
Hey Kei, I’m a big fan of your BeyBase articles and am aware that you started the blog in late 2019, however I was wondering if you would do some beyblade reviews and tournament reports on other formats like burst limited and classic? And if you do this I have a request for a beyblade review on Geist Fafnir. This is just a suggestion by me, I understand if you don’t have the time or don’t feel like doing it. Keep up the great work on the articles, looking forward to the next one!
[Image: niQuEi2.jpg]

Read Now: How Good Is Prominence Phoenix? (Beyblade Review)

Hey everyone! Just published my latest review. This time I focused specifically on the Prominence Blade and Phoenix DB Core. If you're wondering how these two parts do in terms of stamina, defense, and burst resistance, this review should help.

(Sep. 30, 2021  4:52 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Hey Kei, I’m a big fan of your BeyBase articles and am aware that you started the blog in late 2019, however I was wondering if you would do some beyblade reviews and tournament reports on other formats like burst limited and classic? And if you do this I have a request for a beyblade review on Geist Fafnir. This is just a suggestion by me, I understand if you don’t have the time or don’t feel like doing it. Keep up the great work on the articles, looking forward to the next one!

Thank you for the kind words, TheRogueBlader!

I actually have written a few reports in the past for Burst Limited and Burst Classic. Check them out:

https://beybase.com/beyblade-burst-class...nt-report/
https://beybase.com/toronto-beyblade-bur...nt-report/
https://beybase.com/wbo-beyblade-burst-l...nt-report/

As for Geist Fafnir, thank you for the suggestion. I have to admit that it's unlikely I write a review for it ... I mainly try to focus on the latest releases right now since the demand for information about those is much higher. Perhaps in the future if Beyblade Burst ends I will end up writing reviews for some older Beyblades.
(Oct. 19, 2021  10:31 PM)Kei Wrote:
TheRogueBladerHey Kei, I’m a big fan of your BeyBase articles and am aware that you started the blog in late 2019, however I was wondering if you would do some beyblade reviews and tournament reports on other formats like burst limited and classic? And if you do this I have a request for a beyblade review on Geist Fafnir. This is just a suggestion by me, I understand if you don’t have the time or don’t feel like doing it. Keep up the great work on the articles, looking forward to the next one!

Thank you for the kind words, TheRogueBlader!

I actually have written a few reports in the past for Burst Limited and Burst Classic. Check them out:

https://beybase.com/beyblade-burst-class...nt-report/
https://beybase.com/toronto-beyblade-bur...nt-report/
https://beybase.com/wbo-beyblade-burst-l...nt-report/

As for Geist Fafnir, thank you for the suggestion. I have to admit that it's unlikely I write a review for it ... I mainly try to focus on the latest releases right now since the demand for information about those is much higher. Perhaps in the future if Beyblade Burst ends I will end up writing reviews for some older Beyblades.
I’ve actually read the 3 articles you mentioned and great job on them! It’s nice to see that rise is not only a great driver in standard but also in limited! I have to say though, as much as a I like using it for standard, in limited it just doesn’t have the weight to attack hard enough around the ridge and it’s generally unstable for some reason. 
That makes sense. I guess new releases are things to be focused on more especially since people don’t have their hands on them it’s good to know info from experienced and skilled bladers who get most releases. 
Also just to add this I really enjoyed your pheonix article! I was wondering if you might recommend the combo Prominence Belial 2 Over Mobius(worn)-0? This optimizes pheonix’ stop tier LAD against lefts and gives it a stalling ability to OS low tier same spin combos as well as just enough same spin to tank attackers like rage and savior.
(Oct. 19, 2021  10:41 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I’ve actually read the 3 articles you mentioned and great job on them! It’s nice to see that rise is not only a great driver in standard but also in limited! I have to say though, as much as a I like using it for standard, in limited it just doesn’t have the weight to attack hard enough around the ridge and it’s generally unstable for some reason. 
That makes sense. I guess new releases are things to be focused on more especially since people don’t have their hands on them it’s good to know info from experienced and skilled bladers who get most releases. 
Also just to add this I really enjoyed your pheonix article! I was wondering if you might recommend the combo Prominence Belial 2 Over Mobius(worn)-0? This optimizes pheonix’ stop tier LAD against lefts and gives it a stalling ability to OS low tier same spin combos as well as just enough same spin to tank attackers like rage and savior.

I didn't have many problems with Rise in the Limited tournament I used it in! The main use for it was against opposite spin stamina and opposing attack types, though. I didn't try using it to knock out other stamina types.

PBL2.Ov.Mb-0 is definitely a good one. Pretty sure I have some tests with a similar combo in the article.
(Oct. 19, 2021  11:01 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2021  10:41 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I’ve actually read the 3 articles you mentioned and great job on them! It’s nice to see that rise is not only a great driver in standard but also in limited! I have to say though, as much as a I like using it for standard, in limited it just doesn’t have the weight to attack hard enough around the ridge and it’s generally unstable for some reason. 

I didn't have many problems with Rise in the Limited tournament I used it in! The main use for it was against opposite spin stamina and opposing attack types, though. I didn't try using it to knock out other stamina types.

PBL2.Ov.Mb-0 is definitely a good one. Pretty sure I have some tests with a similar combo in the article.
Ah makes sense. Would you say rise is able to KO other mobile stamina drivers like zone’+z or unskilled drift players? 
Thanks! Uh…I don’t actually have the parts for the combo besides Over and 0 but I just wanted to see in case I decided to pick up variant Lucifer for mobius, and I’m definitely picking up the pheonix set when I can.