Blaze Ragnaruk.4C.Cycle vs Revolve

By request of MonoDragon, here's some tests of bR on Cycle vs. on Revolve, as a control. I believe that Cycle will have comparable performance, but likely not better.

Equipment:
-LL/LW
-Beylogger
-Sword Launcher
-Burst Standard-type Stadium (from B-38)

Procedure:
-bR was launched with the Sword Launcher in Power Mode. Opponents were launched with the Light Launcher/Long Winder/Beylogger combo
-DBFs were redone and not recorded
-Launches alternated, except against aggressive combos, which were launched after bR

Test 1: bR.4C.Cy vs. W.H.D
bR- 5 OS WHD- 5 OS bR winrate: 50%

Notes: well, at least they were consistent. Winner was always whoever was launched first. No clicks to either.

Test 1.5: bR4C.R vs W.H.D.
bR- 5 OS WHD- 5 OS bR winrate: 50%

Notes: Second verse, same as the first. Winner was he who launched first, no clicks. I will say though that the losses for bR were much closer. If both were launched at the same time, I'd think bR would come out the victor here.

Test 2: bR.4C.Cy vs. V2.K.Z
bR- 7 OS, 1 BF V2- 1 BF bR winrate: 80%

Test 2.5: bR.4C.R vs. V2.K.Z
bR- 9 OS, 1 BF V2- Shutout bR winrate: 100%

Notes: This a a personal favorite Valkyrie combo of mine, although it didn't stand a chance here. bR's teeth and shape are just too good. Maybe the story will change against something a little more Xtreme...

Test 3: bR.4C.Cy vs. V2.H.X
bR- 4 OS, 3 BF V2- 3 BF bR winrate: 70%

Notes: there were a LOT of Double Bursts here.

Test 3.5: bR.4C.R vs. V2.H.X
bR- 6 OS, 2 BF V2- 2 BF bR winrate: 80%

Notes: DBFs were much less common here, but they still happened frequently.

Overall: Cy is a reasonable substitute for R. I'm sure over the course of many, many more battles, the differences will either become more apparent or less noticeable. Based on these test results alone though, I'll personally be sticking to Revolve.

EDIT: figured I'd mention that I don't have a D or D2 to test against, but since they're banned, it's not like that matters right now.
And it seems that Blaze Ragnaruk is a great Stamina/Defense Layer with its aggressive design too. Don't quote me on that though, can't be certain without a Layer comparison test.
Can you test this against
Neptune/Odin heavy/spread/gravity defense/revolve
Xcalibur/Valkyrie heavy/gravity Xtreme
one thing I've noticed about the little folding blades on bR is they act almost like a "perpetual motion device" while the top is precessing, trying to help keep it spinning while it precesses. Obviously the laws of physics make it so true perpetual motion is impossible, but basically what I'm saying is on drivers that can precess a lot (read: Revolve), bR has a tendency to spin a little longer than other layers.
(May. 14, 2017  7:45 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: one thing I've noticed about the little folding blades on bR is they act almost like a "perpetual motion device" while the top is precessing, trying to help keep it spinning while it precesses. Obviously the laws of physics make it so true perpetual motion is impossible, but basically what I'm saying is on drivers that can precess a lot (read: Revolve), bR has a tendency to spin a little longer than other layers.

I really doubt that it's because of the Stamina wings, they're just too small.

I think it might have to the with the fact that the main wings make up so much of bR's mass. The center piece in incredibly tiny compared to the giant wings which gives it really high OWD

Of course until someone removes the stamina wings off of their bR layer, we can't really know for sure
Yep, as expected, Cycle lowers burst defense significantly, hence the frequent double bursts. While I wouldn't say it's a good substitution for something with good stamina like Revolve, it's pretty entertaining to match it up against offensive hybrids and stallers with less stamina than Cycle while simultaneously having less attack potential than Xtreme combos.
(May. 14, 2017  7:49 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(May. 14, 2017  7:45 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: one thing I've noticed about the little folding blades on bR is they act almost like a "perpetual motion device" while the top is precessing, trying to help keep it spinning while it precesses. Obviously the laws of physics make it so true perpetual motion is impossible, but basically what I'm saying is on drivers that can precess a lot (read: Revolve), bR has a tendency to spin a little longer than other layers.

I really doubt that it's because of the Stamina wings, they're just too small.

I think it might have to the with the fact that the main wings make up so much of bR's mass. The center piece in incredibly tiny compared to the giant wings which gives it really high OWD

Of course until someone removes the stamina wings off of their bR layer, we can't really know for sure

Well they might not provide OWD but they atleast fill gap in layer and make it round, then at slower RPM it expose it's agressive contact point and Burst opponent when it has less risk from them due to slower speed. In theory.

Really interested in more tests Wink
(May. 14, 2017  1:10 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: And it seems that Blaze Ragnaruk is a great Stamina/Defense Layer with its aggressive design too. Don't quote me on that though, can't be certain without a Layer comparison test.

The results show that it's even with Wyvern which is used for defence and is is inferior to D, D2 and Odin for stamina so I really wouldn't call that a great stamina layer. It looks mediocre to me.
(May. 16, 2017  9:50 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(May. 14, 2017  1:10 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: And it seems that Blaze Ragnaruk is a great Stamina/Defense Layer with its aggressive design too. Don't quote me on that though, can't be certain without a Layer comparison test.

The results show that it's even with Wyvern which is used for defence and is is inferior to D, D2 and Odin for stamina so I really wouldn't call that a great stamina layer. It looks mediocre to me.

They said Stamina/Defense, not pure Stamina.
(May. 16, 2017  10:03 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote:
(May. 16, 2017  9:50 AM)Ultra Wrote: The results show that it's even with Wyvern which is used for defence and is is inferior to D, D2 and Odin for stamina so I really wouldn't call that a great stamina layer. It looks mediocre to me.

They said Stamina/Defense, not pure Stamina.
Okay but stamina is half of stamina/defence....
I think Blaze ragnarok is on-par if its not better than D2 and D.
(May. 25, 2017  4:27 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: I think Blaze ragnarok is on-par if its not better than D2 and D.

It seems to be on an equal level to Odin or Wyvern, actually. Less stamina than D2, more defense.
(May. 25, 2017  4:27 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: I think Blaze ragnarok is on-par if its not better than D2 and D.

No offence but it seems pretty unlikely for me. From what I seen on YT and heard, it doesn't seems as good + tests too show it to be on par with W, which has less stamina then D2 and D.

(May. 25, 2017  4:37 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:

It seems to be on an equal level to Odin or Wyvern, actually. Less stamina than D2, more defense.

Tbh, Odin has more stamina then Wyvern.
(May. 25, 2017  5:13 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:

No offence but it seems pretty unlikely for me. From what I seen on YT and heard, it doesn't seems as good + tests too show it to be on par with W, which has less stamina then D2 and D.

(May. 25, 2017  4:37 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: It seems to be on an equal level to Odin or Wyvern, actually. Less stamina than D2, more defense.

I know that, I'd say bR is between Wyvern and Odin
(May. 25, 2017  5:20 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(May. 25, 2017  5:13 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: No offence but it seems pretty unlikely for me. From what I seen on YT and heard, it doesn't seems as good + tests too show it to be on par with W, which has less stamina then D2 and D.

I know that, I'd say bR is between Wyvern and Odin

But i heard wyvern has poor stamina and is only good for defence.

How much raw stamina does blaze ragnarok has ? i think there should be solo spin time comparisons for blaze ragnarok dark deathscyther and deathscyther on same disk and drivers.

Its pretty strange that blaze ragnarok has less stamina than deathcyther and dark deathscyther because i thougt blaze ragnarok had better weight distribution. Alot of its weight is on the outside plus its pretty wide.
don't forget that. it lost its roundless shape at the end of its momentum so its causing more recoil and reduce its stamina more drasticaly and that D2 and D doesn't own that kind of issue.
(May. 25, 2017  6:30 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(May. 25, 2017  5:20 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: I know that, I'd say bR is between Wyvern and Odin

But i heard wyvern has poor stamina and is only good for defence.

How much raw stamina does blaze ragnarok has ? i think there should be solo spin time comparisons for blaze ragnarok dark deathscyther and deathscyther on same disk and drivers.

Its pretty strange that blaze ragnarok has less stamina than deathcyther and dark deathscyther because i thougt blaze ragnarok had better weight distribution. Alot of its weight is on the outside plus its pretty wide.

Please don't post again and again in row. It's against rules.

But tbh, that's not really true. I think after D(2) and Odin, Wyvern has best stamina (Neptune maybe on par or better but never really able to do mirror of them. I tried same combo vs some other Combo anf found W to be better but not sure if it's​ some mold variation or something which is common from what I heard).

No offence but you shouldn't really directly clam it's on par with D2 unless you actually tried it. Weight distribution alone doesn't make it do well, shape of bey matters too and balance of it as well. D2 actually doesn't have as great solo spin time, but it's very round shape, upper attack/force smash slopes and small contact points make it able to destabilize and chip off stamina of opponent and os em. D2 is very unbalanced too, so it further helps it to destabilize opponent by wobbling (which doesn't work well with everything btw. It and Basalt had such a unbalance and it worked). Even Duo has less outward weight distribution and it's​ more compact, but still it can OS Phantom in same combo battle (Though it depends on which is launched first or who has faster laun).
Oh ok.sorry i didnt knew that it was against community rules. im new.
you can edit your post if you need to add some contents before any answer from an other member.
(May. 25, 2017  8:34 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(May. 25, 2017  6:30 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: But i heard wyvern has poor stamina and is only good for defence.

Please don't post again and again in row. It's against rules.

But tbh, that's not really true. I think after D(2) and Odin, Wyvern has best stamina (Neptune maybe on par or better but never really able to do mirror of them. I tried same combo vs some other Combo anf found W to be better but not sure if it's some mold variation or something which is common from what I heard).

No offence but you shouldn't really directly clam it's on par with D2 unless you actually tried it. Weight distribution alone doesn't make it do well, shape of bey matters too and balance of it as well. D2 actually doesn't have as great solo spin time, but it's very round shape, upper attack/force smash slopes and small contact points make it able to destabilize and chip off stamina of opponent and os em. D2 is very unbalanced too, so it further helps it to destabilize opponent by wobbling (which doesn't work well with everything btw. It and Basalt had such a unbalance and it worked). Even Duo has less outward weight distribution and it's more compact, but still it can OS Phantom in same combo battle (Though it depends on which is launched first or who has faster laun).

Ok i get it.bR might have more solo spin time but due to its shape it loses more stamina in battle compared to D and D2.So can we say that bR is onpar with neptune? beacuse i heard neptune has better stamina and burst defense than wyvern.Also i think the tests show that  bR is better than wyvern.I think bR should be tested against neptune and odin on same disk and driver.Also solo spin time of blaze ragnarok should also be noted on staller setups like knuckle accel zerphyr etc to check if it might have potential as a staller.