Bit Contest: Design Alter Chronos!

Hey World Bladers!

The next series of Beyblade Burst is approaching fast. While some older Beyblades will be seeing upgrades, the new series will also be introducing many new ones. For a chance to win one of them, we challenge you to design the Greek-inspired Alter Kronos!

Like previous design contests of this nature, the winning entry will be selected based solely on its closeness to the actual Alter Kronos. That means the winner will not be decided by a panel of staff judges. 

We encourage participants to take direction from the new generation's God Valkyrie .6V.Rb, which features new, mysterious gimmicks, such as a spring mechanism in its Layer!

The winner will receive one of the following Bit Boosters:

... as well as the real Alter Kronos upon release! 

To succeed, you'll have to follow the rules. Check them out:

• The design obviously needs to reference the theme of the Beyblade. 
  • Limit one entry per person! Your first entry will be the only one that's considered, so make sure it's fully finalized!
  • The WBO Committee is eligible since it's not the judge this time!  
  • You have until April 9th at 11:59:59 PM EST to submit your design. Any entries after that will be disqualified! Don't forget that if, unfortunately, new pictures get discovered for this Face Contest's Beyblade that reveal too much of its design, the contest will have to end prematurely without any warning.
  • Post your entries in this thread! (You can also talk about the contest, ideas, or whatever here as well!) However, you cannot post drafts of your entry and ask for feedback!
>debating internally whether i should enter because i already made a drain fafnir concept (though it's pretty dreck and i wouldn't mind taking another stab at it) Tongue_out

Good luck everyone!
(Feb. 26, 2017  6:27 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: >debating internally whether i should enter because i already made a drain fafnir concept (though it's pretty dreck and i wouldn't mind taking another stab at it) Tongue_out

DO THE THING
(Feb. 26, 2017  6:29 PM)Mitsu Wrote: DO THE THING

OK FINE, DON'T...
[Image: Yfaf7vO.png]
...AT ME.

(i'll get my coat)
i made my own xcailus mix with valkyre do you like it
So are we drawing the Layer? Or is there more?
(Feb. 26, 2017  9:13 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: So are we drawing the Layer? Or is there more?

When evaluating which entry resembles the real Beyblade the most, of course that is going to be based a lot more on the Layer. Someone could not win simply for coming up with what Disc and Driver Drain Fafnir ends up having. However, complete entries are always more appreciated.
I will definitely take part. ^^
Wow no idea how I missed this beyhaha

I will sure try this time haha
what the heck is Drain Fafnir?
(Mar. 06, 2017  4:01 PM)boltoms Wrote: what the heck is Drain Fafnir?

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Several...ayer-names
Only for those who watches gets it Smile
@[Mitsu]@[~Mana~]
(Mar. 08, 2017  5:59 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: What is this Bey based off of?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Fafnir
(Mar. 08, 2017  6:07 PM)Angry Face Wrote: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Fafnir

Ok, that was pretty funny.  Thanks.
Well, TAKARA-TOMY's names for Burst Beyblades are not exactly subtle: a wyvern is a wyvern, a valkyrie is a valkyrie, a deathscyther is Death, etc. So Fafnir would be based on Fafnir, indeed.
Do we know if this is an attack type, or what? Are we just designing the layer or are we makign the entire Bey?
(Mar. 08, 2017  6:22 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, TAKARA-TOMY's names for Burst Beyblades are not exactly subtle: a wyvern is a wyvern, a valkyrie is a valkyrie, a deathscyther is Death, etc. So Fafnir would be based on Fafnir, indeed.

Valkyrie is not a valkyrie though. In beyblade burst,it's a knight riding a horse whereas original valkyries were depicted as pschycopomp fairy type of creatures who carried worthy dead soldiers to Valhalla.
(Mar. 10, 2017  6:05 PM)Leokan Wrote: Valkyrie is not a valkyrie though. In beyblade burst,it's a knight riding a horse whereas original valkyries were depicted as pschycopomp fairy type of creatures who carried worthy dead soldiers to Valhalla.

It is a macho version of a valkyrie, but it is still clearly based on a valkyrie.
Kai-V, I saw what appears to be Drain Fafnir on the link you posted in God Valkyrie. It's in one of the manga panels.
Yes, and I made a topic about Drain Fafnir. As you can guess, since no entries were submitted yet for that design contest, it has ended now and we will try to replace it with another one. If anybody had started working on a design, fate apologises, but you should have posted it in this thread earlier hah.
(Mar. 11, 2017  4:19 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Yes, and I made a topic about Drain Fafnir. As you can guess, since no entries were submitted yet for that design contest, it has ended now and we will try to replace it with another one. If anybody had started working on a design, fate apologises, but you should have posted it in this thread earlier hah.

I had one, but was finalizing it. It was actually more round in my design. *shrug*
Now that we have seen a smaller visual on Drain Fafnir (Check that out here, it looks pretty sick: bit.ly/drainfafnir), this Bit Contest will not continue follow designing it. Rather, we have switched to the Alter Kronos release as an alternative.

Though the contest deadline has been extended to April 9th, this rule is definitely still in effect: 

Quote:Don't forget that if, unfortunately, new pictures get discovered for this Face Contest's Beyblade that reveal too much of its design, the contest will have to end prematurely without any warning.

Best of luck, everyone!
Keep in mind that arutaa can also be translated as Altar, so be careful not to jump on "Alter" Kronos like you need to take it to the letter.
(Mar. 11, 2017  4:35 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Now that we have seen a smaller visual on Drain Fafnir (Check that out here, it looks pretty sick: bit.ly/drainfafnir), this Bit Contest will not continue follow designing it. Rather, we have switched to the Alter Kronos release as an alternative.

Though the contest deadline has been extended to April 9th, this rule is definitely still in effect: 

Best of luck, everyone!

I'll get right to it! Smile Honestly, I'm still bummed about the God design contest in Japan. But that's off topic .