Bicentennial Bey Tourney 2009- 3/14/09

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Date: March 14th, 2009 (Raindate: March 15th, 2009)
Time: 1:00 pm until sun down
Cost: Free
Location: Bicentennial Park- 176 Hardenburg Ln,East Brunswick,NJ 08816
Format: Plastics (bring hms and mfb if you like)(Going by the restricted format list)
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE BE THERE BY 1:00 SO WE CAN HAVE 45 MINUTES TO TRAIN AND START THE TOURNEY AT 1:45! I WOULD LIKE US TO HAVE MORE TOURNEY BATTLE TIME AND FREE BATTLES AFTERWARDS FOR BEYPOINTS.

Style: Round Robin/ Double Elimination
Stadiums used:
MFB Attack
MFB Balance Stadium(maybe)
MFB Stamina Stadium(maybe)
Tornado Balance
and any others some may choose to bring..TAKARA ONLY PLEASE!
NOTE: IT IS MANDATORY THAT ALL BEYBLADERS THAT WILL FREE BATTLE OR JUST PLAY HERE TO PRINT OUT A LOG SHEET!!! IT WILL BE EASIER TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR BATTLES. LOG CAN BE FOUND AND PRINTED BY USING THIS LINK:
http://worldbeyblade.org/wbotournamentrecord.pdf

Attendance List:
Bluezee
Pinoy Blader
Maz
EvilMeros187
BladeBee
EvilMeros187's Friend(maybe)
Anubis(maybe)
Ozzy(maybe)
Karice(maybe)
blackdranzer(maybe)
Strata(maybe)
Khomari(maybe)
Soloman(maybe)

Please be sure to contact me or Pinoy in advance if you know you wont be able to make it. Deadline for attendance is soon so please get with the program. Thank you.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Just saw Bluezee's ranking ... he plummeted Gasp
"Such as "a 24 hour cancellation notice must be stated as a post or to a responsible party unless a valid emergency takes place. E.G. Death, injury, theft, etc. Without proper cancellation, the forfeit penalty is a reported loss in battle to all attendees."

Do you mean a cancellation notice BEFORE the tournament? Something could easily happen when they were travelling.

But if not, ahhh well
(Mar. 15, 2009  8:16 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Just saw Bluezee's ranking ... he plummeted Gasp
Unhappy

(Mar. 15, 2009  11:00 AM)Driger Wrote: "Such as "a 24 hour cancellation notice must be stated as a post or to a responsible party unless a valid emergency takes place. E.G. Death, injury, theft, etc. Without proper cancellation, the forfeit penalty is a reported loss in battle to all attendees."

Do you mean a cancellation notice BEFORE the tournament? Something could easily happen when they were travelling.

But if not, ahhh well
Yes, before the tournament. I think calling after the tournament would defeat the purpose, yeah? :p
Yeah I didnt do so well since my combos got screwed up pretty bad. Either it was too light or had strange movement patterns that were unexpected. I even had a few missed shots here and there with attackers. Didnt do so well but I will get my ranks back up for sure. Count on it!
(Mar. 15, 2009  1:25 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Yeah I didnt do so well since my combos got screwed up pretty bad. Either it was too light or had strange movement patterns that were unexpected. I even had a few missed shots here and there with attackers. Didnt do so well but I will get my ranks back up for sure. Count on it!
What combos were you using?
(Mar. 15, 2009  2:03 PM)Deikailo Wrote: What combos were you using?

He used normal combos the spin stealer, and the attacker.
They dont know the attacker pinoy. And as for the spin stealer, I lost my 10-Wide so it wasnt very good or up to par. I had a variety of combos to use but I wasnt very confident in their performance so they were not used. Kind of regretting that right now lol.
Post the pictures!
yeah post the pics lol that mini tourney was fun
(Mar. 15, 2009  1:25 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Yeah I didnt do so well since my combos got screwed up pretty bad. Either it was too light or had strange movement patterns that were unexpected. I even had a few missed shots here and there with attackers. Didnt do so well but I will get my ranks back up for sure. Count on it!

Yeah I see you're already hard at work

I wonder what's going to happen when you can't get points through destroying Ozzy over and over again
(Mar. 16, 2009  5:29 AM)Anubis Wrote: Yeah I see you're already hard at work

I wonder what's going to happen when you can't get points through destroying Ozzy over and over again

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. While it's definitely not against any rules, it's in pretty bad taste to just use someone to grind for points. If I wanted to, I could grind Annie for BP, but I don't.
And I could grind Harclave for points but I'd rather just teach him to become a better player.
It's a Bey-eat-Bey world, guys! Eee

Seriously, I do agree with Anubis and Brad, it shouldn't be done. Perhaps a limit should be put on the amount of times you can battle someone in a month (or months) for Bey Points ...
(Mar. 16, 2009  5:44 AM)Kei Wrote: Seriously, I do agree with Anubis and Brad, it shouldn't be done. Perhaps a limit should be put on the amount of times you can battle someone in a month (or months) for Bey Points ...

There is an effective limit of 40 (ten per week), which works generally. However, it doesn't stop someone from preying on weaker Bladers. Eventually he won't gain anything from beating someone with such low BP.
True. It won't matter in time I guess.
Stop capitalizing off of weaker players. It's really not ethical and only proves that you aren't all that great yourself.

Battling the same person over and over for points doesn't really show how good you are, regardless of how high you get your rank. It's obvious the person you're battling isn't as skilled as you. If you actually took the time out to teach them your ranks would probably even out more.

As it stands, no one who checks how you got your points is going to be impressed.
(Mar. 16, 2009  5:51 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Stop capitalizing off of weaker players. It's really not ethical and only proves that you aren't all that great yourself.

Battling the same person over and over for points doesn't really show how good you are, regardless of how high you get your rank. It's obvious the person you're battling isn't as skilled as you. If you actually took the time out to teach them your ranks would probably even out more.

As it stands, no one who checks how you got your points is going to be impressed.

Iceburn
Are you guys done yet? I mean, I have heard this already. He only loses since he isnt used to takara stadiums. I dont need him just to get points. I can win on my own regardless of who I play. I hate when people say things and dont have a clue as to what the situation is. Im not preying on anyone. If he is one of the only players around in my area and tourneys arent run often, how else will I gain points and play? It's not as if I am so much better than he is, he just doesnt use takara stadiums. Naturally, if you arent good with a certain stadium and played in one type for years, it may be hard to adapt to it. I dont need to prove anything to anyone because the fact of the matter is, he is good, I know it and so do others that have played him. The way I get my points arent indicating that I am preying on weaker players IMO because he isnt weak at all. If it will stop all of this annoyance then I wont even play him. Bring others to me and then when and if I win, dont complain because it will just prove all of this wrong. All of this "ganging up on one person" thing is getting tired and it makes me not even want to play.
If he's so good then why has he not defeated you even once in all these months?
Bluezee:

This has nothing to do with how good he is, or how good you are because it's obvious there's a large gap in abilities that you are capitalizing off of. I'm really sorry that you can't comprehend what we're trying to tell, but maybe telling you what is the ethical thing to do with help you out.

Instead of decimating your friends rank to boost yours, try teaching him before playing ranked battles. Would you use ranked battles as a way to test brand new combos? God no, that'd be dumb as hell! Reason being is you wouldn't have had enough time to develop them properly, which is a similar issue with your friend.

If he's not good in Takara stadiums, help him get good in them. Teach him about decent combos, help him test his combos, but for the love of god stop taking it out of his rank as payment!

How would you like it if a much better player than you offered to help you learn, but only would do it in ranked battles, which would quite obviously drop your rank like a boulder before you could even improve enough to provide him with a challenge? You'd hate it just like any other logical person, but you'd put up with it for the sake of playing even though you're being taken advantage of.

Being a member of the WBO, I'd imagine that you understand we are a community which promotes learning as a first priority. The way you grind your friend doesn't reflect that. Your rank shouldn't be as important to you as it is. Continue playing him, but cut back a bit on the ranked battles until he can actually beat you.

No one wants you to stop playing, but we want fairness for everyone. Hopefully you can understand this.

(also, you don't have to cut back at all if you don't want to, what you're doing is perfectly legal, it just isn't ethical)
(Mar. 16, 2009  11:20 PM)Bluezee Wrote: If he is one of the only players around in my area and tourneys arent run often, how else will I gain points and play?
Ask the players that don't have any in their area.

I don't have a lot of people around here either. Rakee's my only source of competition, really. If I were you, and you really wanted to play off against Ozzy, bring over a Takara stadium, review his combos, and practice shooting techniques for the time you're together. Right before you two gotta bounce, get a ranked match in. One a day is fine. Also, try bringing Ozzy to tournaments after he gets better so he can earn some of his points back and gain more experience from a a different perspective.

Hey man, the best way to bring up your rank is to beat everyone ahead of you. No use going backwards, yeah? You wanna be number one, right? So try takin' out 2, 3, and 4! Obviously, you're not going to take on Raykon since he's half way across the world, but every other blader is right in the area.

Besides, who cares how you rank on the point system? As long as you can perform when needed, it shouldn't matter what a bunch of numbers say.
Yeah, she's right.

All I have in my immediate area is Harclave. I'm pretty high in the rank system (second as of now) and it's because my battles were won against bladers like Bluezee and such who have a pretty high score already. My battles were worth more points.
(Mar. 18, 2009  4:22 AM)Anubis Wrote: Yeah, she's right.

All I have in my immediate area is Harclave. I'm pretty high in the rank system (second as of now) and it's because my battles were won against bladers like Bluezee and such who have a pretty high score already. My battles were worth more points.
There's no right or wrong to what I just said. After all, Bluezee isn't doing anything illegal. It's his choice. I know he's a good blader, he knows he's a good blader, and I just don't think anyone should care so much about a number. Even so, not all of those matches are fairly set (E.G. Anubis's Beyblade Self-destruct technique) and don't become a very accurate portrayal in the rank system... although, my launch technique probably had a good say in it. ;D *nudge nudge*

Bluezee, don't let any of this get ya down so much as to forget about it all. I say just take a breather until everyone else passes ya and then knock 'em dead. :p Saves time, y'know?
Your "launch technique" didn't cause my Beyblade to explode, the fact that they collided did.

Anyway yeah nobody is mad at you or anything Bluezee
Thanks for the clarification guys. I was just getting annoyed at the fact that i was being seen as taking advantage of weaker players. That was not my intention at all and i wouldnt want to be looked at as a bully or something since thats not the type of person i am at all.