Beyblade world Championships

It sounded like they confirmed it. Maybe they will put in a 14+ division? Heres hoping atleast.
I seriously want to try next year. Or, maybe even in 6 months with the age division thing if Hasbro could do it.
(Mar. 25, 2012  11:29 PM)Kei Wrote: Ryo made a very smart choice with that HF custom in the first battle.

I like that they (officially?) confirmed 2013 World Championship!

Wonder if that'll be 4D or Zero G... If it's 4D it'll be hilarious with their releases and some of the kids who haven't seen TT 4D Beys comparing them to their versions and being like, well, the hasbro thread is I guess.

Hopefully, though, it's Zero-G, they release identical stadiums (pockets wouldn't be so bad with zero-g, I guess, nets would be perfect, and everyone gets a level playing field.

And hopefully, this was a test run and they do things much better in 2013.

By the way, I think in 2013 we should try to have some sort of presence, organise things a bit better so we can this time?
@ Ga'Hooleone: That is, if Hasbro is willing to do the age division thing for their Beyblade tournaments.

But anyways, at least the U.S. of A. got into the finals. You just can't beat the Bladers from the Land of the Rising Sun! Smile
(Mar. 25, 2012  11:54 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: @ Ga'Hooleone: That is, if Hasbro is willing to do the age division thing for their Beyblade tournaments.

But anyways, at least the U.S. of A. got into the finals. You just can't beat the Bladers from the Land of the Rising Sun! Smile

10 year old kid vs 31 year old japanese man gooooo!

And you can, actually, the USA won the World Championships in Plastics.

But then, I don't think they were at as gigantic a disadvantage as Hasbro put their bladers at this time.

@ th!nk: Okay, I gotcha then.
(Mar. 25, 2012  11:47 PM)th!nk Wrote: Kind of unfair to the hasbro participants. Most of them wouldn't have seen a Tornado Stadium in their lives, while it's used a fair bit in Japan IIRC, giving them a huge advantage. Would have been cool if they'd been exposed to that beforehand by Hasbro or something....

At least it gives us a starting point for working out what is good in it, and perhaps we can find out more about what is popular in that stadium in countries where it is used.

I personally think Zakiah did absolutely amazingly under the conditions.

You do have a point, but I mean, I'm sure the stadium wasn't completely unknown to Zakiah, given that he has experience with the Attack Stadium (I think?) and knowledge of TAKARA-TOMY products. And if you've ever seen the stadium in action online, it's pretty obvious that Attack-based Bottoms would do well due to the "Tornado" area in the middle.

Did you not give him any advice for what to play in the Tornado Stadium, Dark_Mousy?

(Mar. 25, 2012  11:50 PM)th!nk Wrote: And hopefully, this was a test run and they do things much better in 2013.

By the way, I think in 2013 we should try to have some sort of presence, organise things a bit better so we can this time?

2004 should have been the "test run"! But yes, haha.

It's hard to have a presence when they close the event to the public. Trust me, we pushed very hard to find a way into the championship. We came close, but the farthest I got in the end was giving a stack of WBO Cards to SarabScientist (Luqman's sister) yesterday at BCRS4 to give out to the qualifiers at the tournament ... she seemed happy to do so, so hopefully she ended up doing it!
Apparently they introduced him to it, but that's nothing compared to the WBBA players having both plenty of knowledge of the stadium (given they are apparently used a lot in WBBA Countries), and full hindsight of the combinations that were effective at that point in releases.

I honestly had no idea that's what worked in it, I had some trouble with either self KO's, and was leaning towards something like B/WB or whatever, in retrospect though, F/HF makes more sense (would like to see MF and maybe FS). I need to get mine out and test in it but it's such a hassle because it's loud and I can't use it in my bedroom as it needs a solid floor, so I don't really get much of an opportunity.

I personally think we could have organised things on the forums a little better, perhaps a bit more support to get people here past the hasbro-stadium sections of tournaments by trying to get more testing done on those, as well as doing more research on things like the tornado stadium. Just overall more stadium testing, and then trying to get members to attend any "official" events we can get information about.

As for 2004, I get the feeling there wasn't a lot of carry through in terms of who did things on the hasbro side.
Outside of the finals the rest of the World Championship was done on Hasbro stadiums right? That gave the Asian bladers an intense disadvantage. The only questionable decision was using the Japanese stadiums solely for the finals. The Asian bladers had multiple matches (as well as practise zones), and could observe others and attempt to adapt their Beyblades to serve the Hasbro stadiums, which may explain why 2/3rds of the finalists are from Asia despite the disadvantage going into it. Where as the western crew didn't really have that opportunity given the only reveal of using the TT dishes was when there wasn't time to test.
(Mar. 26, 2012  12:09 AM)To Wrote: The Asian bladers had multiple matches (as well as practise zones), and could observe others and attempt to adapt their Beyblades to serve the Hasbro stadiums, which may explain why 2/3rds of the finalists are from Asia despite the disadvantage going into it. Where as the western crew didn't really have that opportunity given the only reveal of using the TT dishes was when there wasn't time to test.

But how do we know if Attack Stadiums/the Tornado Stadium were not available in the practice zone? We know that going into the championship, every competitor knew which stadiums would be used, so it would only make sense that they would include the Attack/Tornado Stadiums in the practice zone.
With the difference in stadiums going into the finals, only one WBBA blader would need to slip through to have a good chance, especially in something as outlandish as the Tornado Stadium. Not that it's not a disadvantage, but I'd much rather be using unfamiliar stadiums in qualifiers than actual finals.
Oh wow, I got my 1st and 2nd place predictions right. Congrats to Ryo!! Man, that Onuralp kid was so pissed off. Sure that OS was the wrong call, but hey, you can't argue with a judge. I just feel bad for the guy. He threw a tantrum and embarrassed himself on livestream and in front of hundreds, almost thousands of people.
Judge made a wrong call?

I'd probably do the same thing given the stakes.

Also, did the mysterious russian representative steal any bitbeasts or beyblade spirits or whatever new fangled magical voodoo creatures they have these days?
Aww dang! I missed that part! D:
Is there anyway I could see that on a non- live recording?
Yes, he robbed everybody of their bitbeasts, costed Onuralp the round, and went back to Russia to give Ryuga the power he obtained... XD
(Mar. 26, 2012  12:15 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 26, 2012  12:09 AM)To Wrote: The Asian bladers had multiple matches (as well as practise zones), and could observe others and attempt to adapt their Beyblades to serve the Hasbro stadiums, which may explain why 2/3rds of the finalists are from Asia despite the disadvantage going into it. Where as the western crew didn't really have that opportunity given the only reveal of using the TT dishes was when there wasn't time to test.

But how do we know if Attack Stadiums/the Tornado Stadium were not available in the practice zone? We know that going into the championship, every competitor knew which stadiums would be used, so it would only make sense that they would include the Attack/Tornado Stadiums in the practice zone.

I suppose that could be the case. I guess I was just basing it off of pool play, and the fact it was hosted in a Hasbro zone. Only those involved would know for sure I suppose.

(Mar. 26, 2012  12:30 AM)Hyper27 Wrote: Aww dang! I missed that part! D:
Is there anyway I could see that on a non- live recording?

They have videos of the stream up on Beyblade.com. No video of the semi-finals/finals yet, though ...

Also, here's one of the many screenshots I took:
[Image: screenshot20120325at621.jpg]

Trying to upload the rest, but mediafire isn't cooperating right now.

edit: Uploaded them to Photobucket instead: http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h69/Ke...P%2032512/
Password: wyborg
Nice, my home country, the Philippines and Japan won 3rd and 1st respectively. Congrats to them Cute

Congrats to America on winning 2nd.

I wanted to see all of this, too bad I've been asleep for the past 6+ hours... =3=
Neko Fury

I didn't watch much either, haha. I used the forums for updates and watched the first battle of the final round before my video got cut off. XD
How did they introduce the Attack Type BeyStadiums ? Any special presentation to the "crowd", or they just layed them about and asked the players to battle in them ?

And yes, believe us, we did everything we could to get a presence in that championship. Even if you did not watch it live, you could clearly see that there was room for dozens more spectators, but no, apparently all their "tickets" had been given/sold, to nobody-knows-who. I suppose though, if they were allowed to wear jackets over their T-shirt, we should have thought about that and made WBO jackets, but who would have known.

Also, it was ridiculous, they had to clarify on Facebook that the livestream was not continuous. Either you make it entirely continuous, or you actually mention that we will only see two minutes here and there, and then boring battles for ten minutes ...

Did anything cool happen with Blader Ken ?
You can watch the battles in the beyblade website. Watching the quarter finals now, watching Neil's battle to the semi finals
(Mar. 26, 2012  1:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote: How did they introduce the Attack Type BeyStadiums ? Any special presentation to the "crowd", or they just layed them about and asked the players to battle in them ?

And yes, believe us, we did everything we could to get a presence in that championship. Even if you did not watch it live, you could clearly see that there was room for dozens more spectators, but no, apparently all their "tickets" had been given/sold, to nobody-knows-who. I suppose though, if they were allowed to wear jackets over their T-shirt, we should have thought about that and made WBO jackets, but who would have known.

Also, it was ridiculous, they had to clarify on Facebook that the livestream was not continuous. Either you make it entirely continuous, or you actually mention that we will only see two minutes here and there, and then boring battles for ten minutes ...

Did anything cool happen with Blader Ken ?

Blader Ken was a really cool guy from what i saw. He translated for the Japanese palyer. And they just changed the stadiums out. No special ceremony or anything.
Zakiah might have lost, but at least he took it like a man and didn't cry, no offense to the kid who did. But Ryo was really cool about winning. He didn't even cheer like crazy like I thought he might have.
(Mar. 26, 2012  1:58 AM)Switchblade Wrote: But Ryo was really cool about winning. He didn't even cheer like crazy like I thought he might have.

That just seems like a classical Japanese reserved reaction. Hopefully I did not offend anybody.

Were Attack Type BeyStadiums even used then ? All I hear is the Tornado BeyStadium.
(Mar. 26, 2012  12:15 AM)Kei Wrote:

Im not sure about the practice zone but for the TT countries, I believe respective winners each got a striker stadium to practice from the moment they won.

In regards to the TT stadium used on site, even if the players had a chance to practice, I doubt it would be enough to prepare them. Most were using combos which were almost stock config (at least from what I see within the first 2 hours of the almost impossible to view video).

To be honest, I was expecting the top 3 to be TT oriented players. Zakiah being on the list really caught me by surprise. And as for the TT players being on a disadvantage on Hasbro stadium, I doubt thats the case. It was pretty much Stamina battles. Everyone "loves" stamina battles. The only thing which screws you up is either your combo not being a good one, having an inferior part (mirror match but lighter Basalt) or simply lack plain old strength/technique/luck. I was rooting for Reuben but I suppose 12 hour time difference and age (he's 8. One of the youngest along with another guy) was giving him a massive disadvantage. That guy is a KO beast on attack stadium but completely sucks at stamina.

And seriously, the video stream wasted 3 hours of my life. =( I had work the next day and 3 hour sleep was wasted on something which was choppy -__-.