Beyblade a Game? Or a Sport?

Which one do you think? Do you think Beyblade is a game? Or a Sport?

Hello! Bladers what do you think?

(Feb. 10, 2019  12:34 AM)Prime Viper Wrote: Which one do you think? Do you think Beyblade is a game? Or a Sport?

It's just a game. As much i'm for it being a sport it's only a game/hobby
It’s a game that has unique collectors items as it’s game piece. That you can use or just have to look at and talk about their origins ( beigoma) every beyblade collector needs at least one to keep forever to remember beyblade.. EPIC
I am a little divided between my ideas, but I will give a spin on them:

1) Id say it could be a game, since it doesnt involve a lot of body exertion and movement

2) At the same time, it could be a sport as the second definition states that its entertainment of some sort. And Beyblade could be considered one if two people partake in a battle, as many others watch
A nostalgic thread ,back when i discussed this topic in an older thread i was told that these pop up all the time "and its clearly true" : ) maybe there should be an official thread for this.

'Game or sport' is actually a deep topic ,video games once faced this debate but now we have esports. Let's use football for instance, in schools it's just for excercise, at home its for fun, in World War2 it was a sign of peace during the christmas peace treaty and the soldiers played with each other, its also a source of income for some , makes jobs and on and on. So football can really be anything.Beyblade can also be anything, you can buy them to experience the cartoon, play with friends, or you can form a community add prizes and rankings and it's a sport. So the right term would be a hubby-"something you enjoy doing"

Now many people are ashamed to play with beyblades for various reasons so if what you're asking is whether or not its ok to take beyblade seriously then my answer is "if beyblade is fun to you then you can play with however and however much you want" and don't worry cause many people take it very seriously.But if you still need more convincing, beyblade originates from 'BEIGOMA' which is part of the japanese culture so its not your average toy ; -)

for communities:
-worldbeyblade.org ............... .. ..... right here
-beyblade aminos
-beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp

Goodbye and keep blading
(Feb. 10, 2019  4:00 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: I am a little divided between my ideas, but I will give a spin on them:

1) Id say it could be a game, since it doesnt involve a lot of body exertion and movement

2) At the same time, it could be a sport as the second definition states that its entertainment of some sort. And Beyblade could be considered one if two people partake in a battle, as many others watch

But you can train your launches which involve a strong pull with your arm.

It's a game but it should be a sport.

In my opinion
(Feb. 11, 2019  12:17 AM)lilphilyb Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2019  4:00 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: I am a little divided between my ideas, but I will give a spin on them:

But you can train your launches which involve a strong pull with your arm.

It's a game but it should be a sport.

In my opinion

I have not asked for opposition, etc. i was merely responding to the thread’s question

(Official) Sports with the least exertion include table tennis, volleyball, horse riding, etc. All of those still burn off calories/have more movement than launching a Beyblade. That is why I am half-half on the situation. I see no need for opposition when I am *half-half*
In my opinion it's sorta both.

I mean u train for it like it's a sport and building a bond with ur bey is basically like building a bond with urself considering ur the one controlling the bey and I hv actually battled ppl who r actually rlly strong physically and considering u pull the ripcord with all of ur power ur technically someone who is stronger could make the bey spin faster giving them more of an advantage.

And how it's sorta like a game is cause lets be honest a beyblade is basically top crossed with a blade which kinda makes it like a game considering their just an exploding metal/plastic spinner.

It is definitely debatable considering rather beyblade is a game or a sport but then again now that I think about it curling is an OLYMPIC sport and all ur doing is tossing a puck at a target and cleaning the floor. So if curling is considered an Olympic sport beyblade should be considered a sport too and unlike curling it's not totes lame. -Avery
This question is inherently flawed, since all sports are games. But, ignoring that, Beyblade has a lot of sport aspects to it. All be them more of the darts-esque precision sort than something like, say, basketball, where one's physical ability is on trial for an extended period.

Beyblade certainly couldn't function as any televised sport does, though, due to its focus on ever improving equipment over player skill and the difficulty involved in separating it from specific companies with regional monopolies.
Well gaming is an e sport and beyblade isn’t a virtual game it’s physical and there’s competitive tournaments so I’d say a sport
I'd agree with both, I mean if beyblade had the following of say NHL or AFL, Soccer etc .... and there where high stakes involved... wouldn't it be considered a sport ? Sport these days just needs to involve investors and money with a following.

But still a game, Why not both Smile
Beyblade like any competitive game with the level of thought, knowledge, and skill that goes into it, is similar in categorization to that of Chess. Chess is considered both a game and a sport, it's definitely a stretch to compare it to the likes of a sport like football or hockey, etc, however, just as there are e-sports for competitive video games, Beyblade like Chess is in that same category. It's a game, it uses toys, yes, but just like Chess, it IS a sport.
It's more a game plus beyblade is pay to win which can't be a sport
It's not a game, nor a sport
It's a freaking toy!
its a Integration ita a game and a sport game
I would say it is a game because there is a metagame. In sports, there is a metagame too, but a metagame of smaller options. For instance, in basketball, you can't just play defense and have a decent chance of winning. In sports you need to adapt your strategy constantly. In Beyblade however, you can play all attack, all defense, or all stamina with a decent chance to win. Choosing the right combo and launch technique decides everything in beyblade. At it's core, Beyblade is a game of choices. Once you've launched your Beyblade, you have no influence on the outcome. In sports, however, you retain influence. 

So no, Beyblade is not a sport.
(Feb. 18, 2019  3:05 PM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: It's not a game, nor a sport
It's a freaking toy!

Lol this is the best thing Ive read on this thread
(Feb. 18, 2019  3:05 PM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: It's not a game, nor a sport
It's a freaking toy!

depends on how you use it. Curling is just a giant puck you slide down ice. I actually run a Beyblade sports league and here we learn how to control a bey using different launches and move at speeds that have put actual holes in our walls and gashes in our hands (a big reason we wear gloves). but then again we use full size 3-5ft stadiums, not the little ones at Walmart as well as removing the locks on launchers. after just 3 full set launches, you start to really feel it if your using real professional moves and boosts.

(Feb. 18, 2019  6:26 AM)ClearWing R34 Wrote: It's more a game plus beyblade is pay to win which can't be a sport

it's really not when you work out and use full size 3-5 ft stadiums like my crew works with. I've beaten Bloody Longinus with the original kerbeus k2 (like regularly) and burst it several times but I could only do it in a space where I had room to pull off a cross break launch. Walmart stadiums just don't do it for that.
Back again, but I guess it depends on what you do with the Beyblade

For example, I literally have to run away from my brothers, who were throwing Beyblades at me. So it could be a sport since Im running, and that Im sometimes throwing them back

Or maybe youre kicking a Beyblade like a soccer ball lol

A Sport indeed
Thx for all the comments I can see this fired up some people!
Multiple topics already exist for this discussion. Please search before creating new threads to serve the same purpose. This one will now be closed.