Beyblade Stadiums with different materials

Hard plastic beyblades on hard plastic have very little grip causing strong launches to just spin out. Has anybody every tried creating a custom stadium made from different materials? What would you think is another viable material for a nice beyblade battle?
I think they are already using the right material. A grippier stadium would cause tips to wear out much faster.
I think a stadium made of press-fit aluminum would be quite interesting. Rubber tips would get insane traction as compared to glossy plastic, and tips of plastic, metal, or POM would get a nice stamina boost too.

Now only to find a press-forming shop willing to make a die in the shape of a BB-10
(Oct. 16, 2016  2:48 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: I think a stadium made of press-fit aluminum would be quite interesting. Rubber tips would get insane traction as compared to glossy plastic, and tips of plastic, metal, or POM would get a nice stamina boost too.

Now only to find a press-forming shop willing to make a die in the shape of a BB-10

Wouldn't this make it very likely for plastic tips to dent or break? Or is it soft enough to absorb the shock while still maintaining its shape?
I'm still considering carbon fibre, as inspired by the burst anime.
(Oct. 16, 2016  11:27 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I'm still considering carbon fibre, as inspired by the burst anime.

Carbon Fibre has a very similar finish to glossy plastic. The performance difference would be negligible. Now durability is another topic entirely.

(Oct. 16, 2016  4:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 16, 2016  2:48 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: I think a stadium made of press-fit aluminum would be quite interesting. Rubber tips would get insane traction as compared to glossy plastic, and tips of plastic, metal, or POM would get a nice stamina boost too.

Wouldn't this make it very likely for plastic tips to dent or break? Or is it soft enough to absorb the shock while still maintaining its shape?

Well if the aluminum was thin enough to be press-formed, it would likely have enough give to not cause too much damage to plastic tips (except for maybe Sharps, but who uses Sharp tips anyway?)
(Oct. 17, 2016  3:46 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote:
(Oct. 16, 2016  11:27 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I'm still considering carbon fibre, as inspired by the burst anime.

Carbon Fibre has a very similar finish to glossy plastic. The performance difference would be negligible. Now durability is another topic entirely.

(Oct. 16, 2016  4:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Well if the aluminum was thin enough to be press-formed, it would likely have enough give to not cause too much damage to plastic tips (except for maybe Sharps, but who uses Sharp tips anyway?)

WD is a sharp tip.

It maybe cause when launched from high height.

Carbon-Fiber seems good to me
I'm still wanting to do a resin casting of one. Depending on the hardness of the resin all sorts of different behaviors could occur
Would titanium, beryllium or magnesium work. I am trying to figure out a metal to use to make a real life size beystadium like in the anime beyblade burst that they use to practice at school.
Just remember if the stadium material is hard like metal(well harder than plastic) it means all your drivers will wear our much faster...
(Sep. 03, 2017  4:24 AM)Bersilus Wrote: Just remember if the stadium material is hard like metal(well harder than plastic) it means all your drivers will wear our much faster...
So what do you suggest I use that is able to keep the tips from degrading but would give it more stamina? I just wish they told us what was use de in the show since I can't find a material that matches it.?
Hmm I wish I can help but I'm not an expert on materials... But carbon fibre will produce too much friction unless it's coated.
(Sep. 04, 2017  12:22 PM)Bersilus Wrote: Hmm I wish I can help but I'm not an expert on materials... But carbon fibre will produce too much friction unless it's coated.

What would I need to coat it with?
The most viable option is carbon fibre. Toxic Atom is right on the money on this one. Carbon fibre, in the way that we'd use it, would be the carbon fibre mesh coated with a layer of epoxy resin. It's essentially just a reinforced backing for a plastic stadium. This is pretty much the ideal choice because you reduce damage to parts and the stadium and it's relatively easy to work with and shape.

Aluminum would be the next viable out of the ones mentioned because it's a relatively soft, cheap metal. You'd have to worry about plastic to metal impact and depending on your finish the stadium might feel a little different. You could totally make a stadium out of it but you'll probably damage your beyblade before you damage your stadium. You wouldn't want to heat treat after press-fit, it'd increase the chance of denting the stadium and I figure we don't want that.

Titanium and Beryllium alloys are completely out of the picture, that is some space-aircraft grade stuff and the cost of it far outweighs the benefit of what we're using them for. Really nice materials but we don't need them for what we're doing here.

Magnesium is also impractical, it's really only used to prevent corrosion. Unless we're leaving this stuff outside, not really a problem.

If we were going to do custom stadiums, I'd probably work with styrene or a thermoplastic. They're relatively cheap, about the same hardness and accessible.

Tl;dr: Carbon fibre is probably your best bet,out of what's been mentioned. Everything else would damage your beyblades and be way more expensive to produce. I suggest thermoplastics.
(Sep. 04, 2017  9:24 PM)Takowowo Wrote: The most viable option is carbon fibre. Toxic Atom is right on the money on this one. Carbon fibre, in the way that we'd use it, would be the carbon fibre mesh coated with a layer of epoxy resin. It's essentially just a reinforced backing for a plastic stadium. This is pretty much the ideal choice because you
reduce damage to parts and the stadium and it's relatively easy to work with and shape.

Aluminum would be the next viable out of the ones mentioned because it's a relatively soft, cheap metal. You'd have to worry about plastic to metal impact and depending on your finish the stadium might feel a little different. You could totally make a stadium out of it but you'll probably damage your beyblade before you damage your stadium. You wouldn't want to heat treat after press-fit, it'd increase the chance of denting the stadium and I figure we don't want that.

Titanium and Beryllium alloys are completely out of the picture, that is some space-aircraft grade stuff and the cost of it far outweighs the benefit of what we're using them for. Really nice materials but we don't need them for what we're doing here.

Magnesium is also impractical, it's really only used to prevent corrosion. Unless we're leaving this stuff outside, not really a problem.

If we were going to do custom stadiums, I'd probably work with styrene or a thermoplastic. They're relatively cheap, about the same hardness and accessible.

Tl;dr: Carbon fibre is probably your best bet,out of what's been mentioned. Everything else would damage your beyblades and be way more expensive to produce. I suggest thermoplastics.
Thanks, do you know how much I would probably need and if I have to put the paint on it before the coating or after?
Paint would affect the surface so it's best to have it under the top layer where able.
Not off the top of my head. But before you go anywhere with this you might want to do a bit more research. I remember seeing some Korean youtubers having custom stadiums and I couldn't figure out what it was.
I also probobly would need to know how much slope in the middle if you have any idea
(Sep. 06, 2017  10:37 AM)Takowowo Wrote: Not off the top of my head. But before you go anywhere with this you might want to do a bit more research. I remember seeing some Korean youtubers having custom stadiums and I couldn't figure out what it was.

I know who you're talking about. Somebody asked them what the stadium was made out of and they said "120cm satilite" or something like that.
Take a sheet of canvas, wrap it over the top of a wide bucket and then tie it tight with bungee cords. Push down a bit on the center if necessary. This is the perfect stadium, trust me.
So a traditional beigoma stadium?
The friction will reduce stamina but otherwise it can make attack types op with no walls