Beyblade Random Thoughts

Beyblade X looks lame. The beys all look the same. Balance seems off based on which side of the stadium you’re on when you launch. All the beys essentially have the same gimmick. Everyone is so hyped about “attack type is good again, the battles are intense, and metal contact points.”
But the designs are boring, and I’m personally not excited for smaller beys. It feels like Hypersphere or Slingshock to me.
Also, nobody is talking about the high potential for teeth wear in the bits and in the stadium. We have seen insane teeth wear on the winders for the new sword launcher, just from ripping hard, now we are talking about the beys smashing into the teeth on the stadium at high speeds. I’m sure this is not going to be sustainable.
(Jun. 01, 2023  12:01 PM)Wizard.Spryzen Wrote: Beyblade X looks lame. The beys all look the same. Balance seems off based on which side of the stadium you’re on when you launch. All the beys essentially have the same gimmick. Everyone is so hyped about “attack type is good again, the battles are intense, and metal contact points.”
But the designs are boring, and I’m personally not excited for smaller beys. It feels like Hypersphere or Slingshock to me.
Also, nobody is talking about the high potential for teeth wear in the bits and in the stadium. We have seen insane teeth wear on the winders for the new sword launcher, just from ripping hard, now we are talking about the beys smashing into the teeth on the stadium at high speeds. I’m sure this is not going to be sustainable.

Bruh guy, Don't forget that it's just the first system and future beys, stadiums and TDs will look better and have unique gimmicks.
(Jun. 01, 2023  12:01 PM)Wizard.Spryzen Wrote: Beyblade X looks lame. The beys all look the same. Balance seems off based on which side of the stadium you’re on when you launch. All the beys essentially have the same gimmick. Everyone is so hyped about “attack type is good again, the battles are intense, and metal contact points.”

(Jun. 02, 2023  1:54 PM)Bey100 Wrote:

Yeah, I think all of my points are still valid. I understand they will evolve and develop over time. I didn’t say anything about wear on the ratchets, I was talking about the gear gimmick, which you didn’t even really reply to. I also want to point out that you’re getting very defensive here and name calling isn’t exactly a great way to have a discussion.

My point about the beys looking the same is much more prevalent here than in MFB, as in MFB you can usually tell two apart while they are spinning. Not really a fan of MFB anyway, and I didn’t say anything about them being smaller, but I also think that is lame.
I also don’t believe that having smaller beys and having them fly all over the place is more exciting, it just feels like less balanced gameplay, which is not really productive for a competitive gaming environment. 

I also don’t believe that you are the police of this site, so unless I broke some kind of rules somewhere, I don’t think I’ll be going anywhere. I don’t really see where I was being a “kiss*ss” btw, as I wasn’t kissing anyone’s anything. I’m sure it will get better over time, but right now it looks kinda bland. 

I think you’re taking this way too personally, and you seem very offended by the mere thought that someone wouldn’t like beyblade X. I think you’re the one doing the kissing lol.
I don’t know if you thought your response would change my mind or if you’re just trying to be a gatekeeper, but I can absolutely still play Burst standard and post on this site, without having to play BBX.

On that note, which side of the stadium would you launch from? If the opponent gets there first, do you fight them for it? I wonder how that gets settled in tournament play.
Oh wait, you have no tournament history. I must be barking up the wrong tree.

(Jun. 02, 2023  12:55 PM)beyspark Wrote:

Bruh guy, Don't forget that it's just the first system and future beys, stadiums and TDs will look better and have unique gimmicks.

I don’t doubt that it will look better over time, but right now it doesn’t interest me much.
(Jun. 02, 2023  5:07 PM)Wizard.Spryzen Wrote:

Yeah, I think all of my points are still valid. I understand they will evolve and develop over time. I didn’t say anything about wear on the ratchets, I was talking about the gear gimmick, which you didn’t even really reply to. I also want to point out that you’re getting very defensive here and name calling isn’t exactly a great way to have a discussion.

My point about the beys looking the same is much more prevalent here than in MFB, as in MFB you can usually tell two apart while they are spinning. Not really a fan of MFB anyway, and I didn’t say anything about them being smaller, but I also think that is lame.
I also don’t believe that having smaller beys and having them fly all over the place is more exciting, it just feels like less balanced gameplay, which is not really productive for a competitive gaming environment. 

I also don’t believe that you are the police of this site, so unless I broke some kind of rules somewhere, I don’t think I’ll be going anywhere. I don’t really see where I was being a “kiss*ss” btw, as I wasn’t kissing anyone’s anything. I’m sure it will get better over time, but right now it looks kinda bland. 

I think you’re taking this way too personally, and you seem very offended by the mere thought that someone wouldn’t like beyblade X. I think you’re the one doing the kissing lol.
I don’t know if you thought your response would change my mind or if you’re just trying to be a gatekeeper, but I can absolutely still play Burst standard and post on this site, without having to play BBX.

On that note, which side of the stadium would you launch from? If the opponent gets there first, do you fight them for it? I wonder how that gets settled in tournament play.

(Jun. 02, 2023  12:55 PM)beyspark Wrote: Bruh guy, Don't forget that it's just the first system and future beys, stadiums and TDs will look better and have unique gimmicks.

I don’t doubt that it will look better over time, but right now it doesn’t interest me much.
I don’t really care about what you say so if you want keep crying, but if you ask me this discussion is over

(Jun. 02, 2023  12:55 PM)beyspark Wrote: Bruh guy, Don't forget that it's just the first system and future beys, stadiums and TDs will look better and have unique gimmicks.

you better be get out from WBO.
(Jun. 02, 2023  6:51 PM)beyspark Wrote:

you better be get out from WBO.

Since when did this turn into “Attack someone who has a different opinion”? Leave the guy alone, he is very much entitled to his own opinion, just as you are. Whether or not you agree with him is irrelevant; he was simply voicing his concerns for the system, and y’all felt the need to attack him. Saying “Get out” and throwing a myriad of insults is ridiculous and quite uncalled for. This is a place for discussion, and discussion without multiple different viewpoints is unproductive.
(Jun. 02, 2023  7:12 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2023  6:51 PM)beyspark Wrote: you better be get out from WBO.

Since when did this turn into “Attack someone who has a different opinion”? Leave the guy alone, he is very much entitled to his own opinion, just as you are. Whether or not you agree with him is irrelevant; he was simply voicing his concerns for the system, and y’all felt the need to attack him. Saying “Get out” and throwing a myriad of insults is ridiculous and quite uncalled for. This is a place for discussion, and discussion without multiple different viewpoints is unproductive.

Thank you! I’m always amazed when people feel the need to police others thoughts.
Speaking of Beyblade X, just how much do these beys weigh? Also, do we have pictures/info of the launchers being used in this generation?
(Jun. 02, 2023  8:01 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: Speaking of Beyblade X, just how much do these beys weigh? Also, do we have pictures/info of the launchers being used in this generation?

The launcher are like Beyloggers and burst launchers. The beys have metal but they are small so I would assume somewhere around maybe around 30? I may be completely wrong but hey I can guess?
(Jun. 02, 2023  8:10 PM)Bey100 Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2023  8:01 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: Speaking of Beyblade X, just how much do these beys weigh? Also, do we have pictures/info of the launchers being used in this generation?

The launcher are like Beyloggers and burst launchers. The beys have metal but they are small so I would assume somewhere around maybe around 30? I may be completely wrong but hey I can guess?

They are mostly plastic with a thin metal plating on top. Probably not super heavy. They have a string launcher, there are pictures of it, it’s only available with the stadium set. The launchers that come with the starter kits are just light launchers like the burst light launchers with the winder. They also have the Battle Pass which is like a Beylogger kind of attachment for the launcher.

Dransword is about 44g, the launchers have three prongs and even the ripcord launchers have bearings in them for smoother launches. We have a string launcher has well, but it's currently set locked.
Has a launcher ever had 3 prongs before?

I feel like MFB actually did a fairly good job making them look different given the size range they were mostly working with
Nope, this is the first three prong launcher
(Jun. 02, 2023  11:48 PM)fabelavalon Wrote:

Dransword is about 44g, the launchers have three prongs and even the ripcord launchers have bearings in them for smoother launches. We have a string launcher has well, but it's currently set locked.

I definitely think the launcher improvements are cool. They definitely should have used bearings in all of the launchers for burst. The new string launcher also looks more compact, which I think is great. My issue is more with the beys and the stadium.
Wonder why they added a prong, I can't think of many reasons other than trying to distinguish this series
Better hold on the bey, more prongs = more friction or something. But also yes, probably to more easily distinguish the gens
(Apr. 24, 2009  8:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I thought this could be fun for Beyblade stuff that doesn't really deserve its own thread but isn't a question.

I don't think I'm going to use either of my Aries ... they're just too valuable. I will probably sell them and rebuy them when Hasbro inevitably releases them for $8. Pisces value seems to be rising as well.
<a href="https://www.okdhslives.info/">OKDHSLive</a>
(Jun. 03, 2023  4:00 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: Wonder why they added a prong, I can't think of many reasons other than trying to distinguish this series

Probably just to make it proprietary, so they don’t have people using burst or MFB launchers on them, which means that people have to actually buy BBX launchers, which leads to more revenue.
BEY YEAR IN REVIEW 2023 SO FAR:
I took a trip away from home for a few days and when I got back to Tokyo today my BBX stuff was waiting in front of the door for me. I picked up all of the starters and boosters but unfortunately there were some delays so not everything came in today. I got the stadium, BX-03, BX-04, Dranzer, grip and battle pass today. The boosters were delayed but will be here within the next few days. BX-01 and BX-02 didn't come at all and I got an email from Amazon saying that they don't know when it will be available, but I found that Toys R Us had them in stock so I put in an order and cancelled my Amazon order. Everything that came on time was from Takara Tomy Mall and Toys R Us. I'm really disappointed in Amazon right now.

But on the bright side, I had two starters and a booster so me and my son were able to try out BBX today. It was a lot of fun. I'm excited to get the other two starters so that we can try out an attack type. Even with a stamina and defense type, these battles were very interesting. I'm excited to see how the other two perform.

In a few weeks I'll start keeping an eye out for events. If they're going through with the whole Gear Sports thing, I'm absolutely going to try to compete Smile
What gimmicks would you give the Pandora’s if they were Takara Tomy beys?
If there was a bey based off a superhero how would it look and what parts would it have?
Just be Magneto and you will win every beyblade battle ever.