Beyblade Live Action Movie

The difference between this and Dragonball: Evolution and The Last Airbender is that they're both based on properties with a high degree of artistic merit. Beyblade is just kind of a dumb shonen anime that's meant to sell toys. Not like this movie is gonna destroy the integrity of the Beyblade cartoon, of all things.
(May. 29, 2015  3:02 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote:
(May. 29, 2015  10:25 AM)Alta Wrote: I honestly don't care how popular a live action movie would make Beyblade, I have a feeling that if they did make it, it would turn out to be something like Dragonball Evolution, or the live action Avatar The Last Airbender movie, I just know it. I have a bad feeling about it going the same direction as all the kids shows that get turned into gritty and realistic films, it would be frustrating to see it get that treatment and it would likely just be a stain on the series. Not to mention it would feel strange, I personally like where Beyblade is at, even with the new system coming out, I can't quite put my finger on it, but something feels wrong about the idea of Beyblade hitting the same sort of mainstream community that Transformers and TMNT garnered when Paramount made their adaptations of those series, it gathers in this really distasteful and unwanted kind of crowd that I honestly don't want around.
As for your other statement about it being turned "gritty" and "realistic", whether or not that happens is all on the choice of the filmmakers and whether or not they have faith in the brand. Yes, they could end up being like those films, but look at The LEGO Movie. I mean, people(even die-hard fans of LEGO like me) were expecting this to be a commercial, nothing more. I mean, a MOVIE for LEGO? But it ended up being one of the best animated movies since Toy Story.

There is a massive difference as to why The LEGO Movie would have worked and why Beyblades would not. LEGO can be whatever you want it to be and it allows a lot of the use of imagination whethers Beyblades is limited to just being about fighting tops. LEGO allows you to choose your OWN adventures and build whatever you want whether it'd be pirates, space, race cars, Star Wars, cities... you name it (except for maybe video games but you know what I mean). Hell, you can even make LEGO Beyblades if you wanted to because LEGO is more variable but Beyblades can only be about fighting tops.
(May. 29, 2015  3:30 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The difference between this and Dragonball: Evolution and The Last Airbender is that they're both based on properties with a high degree of artistic merit. Beyblade is just kind of a dumb shonen anime that's meant to sell toys. Not like this movie is gonna destroy the integrity of the Beyblade cartoon, of all things.

Fair enough, if critics were to critisize for that however, then I think that they should expect the movie to be this way, unless their knowledge on Beyblade is minimum, I think Cars movies for suppose to just sell toys which was why the second one Cars 2 sucked, sucked planets through a needle thin straw.
Japanese reporters are saying that if the promotion of the news that Beyblade is getting a live-action movie goes well, it could be published around 2017 ... I highly doubt it since that is just two years away and we do not even know the cast yet, but I am just reporting what is going on in Japan at the moment.
finaly my old idea about a tru live story of beyblade will come true hah! nice to see that finaly possible.
Hey people, this film isn't going to ruin the mark of Beyblade- take a look at the movie that came with Sol Blaze. Did it cause any damage? No. The worst the movie could have been is that it could've flopped, but to be honest the beyblades themselves are the selling point, flopping is only likely to do a minimal amount of damage, because our toyline isn't promoted by the movie, it's the toylines that are promoting the movie.

LEGO can be anything you want sure, but Beyblades aren't behind either. I mean look at the Beyblade anime, split into four parts [three MFB, one Zero-G]. The three tells a different story just like Lego does. Lightning L-Drago, Descent of Nemesis, and Technological Evil [metal masters, especially the final 3-6 episodes which takes place in a flying city, has beys based on compasses, clocks, and other human devices, and a frickin' brainwave modifier [Arrangement System], black holes, gravity, and so on]. Beyblades can tell so many stories I don't get where FussyPharmasist got that from. Beyblades allow you to choose your own adventures too, and create your own storyline. Heck, even include beyblade customization. It's still only about spinning tops, but that concept can be expanded upon to create an incredibly detailed, in-depth, amazing story.

@J.I.N.B.E.E: Cars? Man, I like both of them, even tho I think the first one is better.

off-topic
(May. 30, 2015  7:55 PM)RDF3 Wrote: Hey people, this film isn't going to ruin the mark of Beyblade- take a look at the movie that came with Sol Blaze. Did it cause any damage? No. The worst the movie could have been is that it could've flopped, but to be honest the beyblades themselves are the selling point, flopping is only likely to do a minimal amount of damage, because our toyline isn't promoted by the movie, it's the toylines that are promoting the movie.

LEGO can be anything you want sure, but Beyblades aren't behind either. I mean look at the Beyblade anime, split into four parts [three MFB, one Zero-G]. The three tells a different story just like Lego does. Lightning L-Drago, Descent of Nemesis, and Technological Evil [metal masters, especially the final 3-6 episodes which takes place in a flying city, has beys based on compasses, clocks, and other human devices, and a frickin' brainwave modifier [Arrangement System], black holes, gravity, and so on]. Beyblades can tell so many stories I don't get where FussyPharmasist got that from. Beyblades allow you to choose your own adventures too, and create your own storyline. Heck, even include beyblade customization. It's still only about spinning tops, but that concept can be expanded upon to create an incredibly detailed, in-depth, amazing story.

@J.I.N.B.E.E: Cars? Man, I like both of them, even tho I think the first one is better.

off-topic

Yes but LEGO can do it without making themselves look ridiculous but Beyblade involves using spinning tops to save the world which is ridiculous when you compare it to LEGO which is more variable. The LEGO Movie is like any other adventure movies excpet they were LEGO but there is nohing that was really ridiculous looking like using spinning tops to save the world.

As for the Sol Blaze thing, whilst I agree with you to a degree, how would you know whether this movie is going to end up with the same reaction as the Sol Blaze movie considering it's going to be worldwide and is live action? Sure one bad thing would not kill a franchise but that doesn't mean another one can't. For all we know, this movie could actually be worse than the Sol Blaze movie which could effect Beyblade kinda like how Sonic 06 damaged the Sonic franchise.
Im confused,Will this be Zero G or 4D?

I personally think it will be Gingka,A little more realistic looking. Or they could have a new group which is most likely to happen.
(May. 30, 2015  8:13 PM)Hype! Wrote: Im confused,Will this be Zero G or 4D?

I personally think it will be Gingka,A little more realistic looking. Or they could have a new group which is most likely to happen.

Ginga's hair would probably we shorter than in the anime.
(May. 30, 2015  7:55 PM)RDF3 Wrote: @J.I.N.B.E.E: Cars? Man, I like both of them, even tho I think the first one is better.

Eh, the first one was decent but the second one... ugh, it ranks at least #16 in my 20 worst movies.

I'm also guessing that this movie would be a recreation of the episodes of a series but merged to one like The Last Airbender did. Either that or a new cast with sharp steel blades.
I think they probably used the new toyline series beyblade burst to do the films so it can be difficult to get a bad novie if its totaly new. the only comparaison we could do, its the new anime they will show on tv VS the movie. why make a new movie with the old beyblade generation when it stops the toyline since 2 or 3 years before... i think that has no sense.
(May. 30, 2015  10:10 PM)loyd87 Wrote: I think they probably used the new toyline series beyblade burst to do the films so it can be difficult to get a bad novie if its totaly new. the only comparaison we could do, its the new anime they will show on tv VS the movie. why make a new movie with the old beyblade generation when it stops the toyline since 2 or 3 years before... i think that has no sense.

Probably the reason to make their own franchise, I guess it could be to advertise Beyblade Burst. I mean, they have to be advertising in this movie so they need a new series that isn't gone yet.
It makes sense to do Burst since that'd be the series about around that time. Unless they somehow did "movie verse" toys and had Burst and that running consecutively, much like the recent TMNT lines and AOE and Generations Transformer lines.
(May. 30, 2015  7:55 PM)RDF3 Wrote: because our toyline isn't promoted by the movie, it's the toylines that are promoting the movie.

This is the opposite of what's true. These TV series and movies only exist to further cement the cultural awareness of the toyline.
So IGN posted a "revealer" for this movie as well, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ApwRjzOjc8
(May. 30, 2015  3:54 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Japanese reporters are saying that if the promotion of the news that Beyblade is getting a live-action movie goes well, it could be published around 2017 ... I highly doubt it since that is just two years away and we do not even know the cast yet, but I am just reporting what is going on in Japan at the moment.

I think that's just a case of broken telephone. Deadline said a Beyblade relaunch is scheduled for 2017. The Japanese press likely took that to mean the movie was due out then, when in actuality that date is in reference to the localized launch of Beyblade Burst.
i used to actually want this but now i'm scared it will another Avatar: The Last Airbender fail tbh. Cheap actors, bad animation, ect. I really don't think beyblade hsd a big enough following to make this a box office hit like the Transformers movies.
I'm completely neutral to this live action film, since usually in things like this people would post links of videos of people doing real life Beyblade matches trying to duplicate the anime(s) as best as possible but...Here not so much as even I would provide a link but I remain to be completely neutral.
Wouldn't the actors for this have to be Japanese since this all takes place in Japan.
(Jun. 04, 2015  12:50 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: Wouldn't the actors for this have to be Japanese since this all takes place in Japan.

The cartoons and manga do, but the movie doesn't have to. Just look at Dragon Ball Evolution or even Transformers, to be more general. The original cartoon took place in the "future", but the movie is in modern day. Source material can literally mean next to nothing for movie adaptions (Jem and the Holograms, anyone?).
(Jun. 04, 2015  7:34 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2015  12:50 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: Wouldn't the actors for this have to be Japanese since this all takes place in Japan.

The cartoons and manga do, but the movie doesn't have to. Just look at Dragon Ball Evolution or even Transformers, to be more general. The original cartoon took place in the "future", but the movie is in modern day. Source material can literally mean next to nothing for movie adaptions (Jem and the Holograms, anyone?).

And Japan has no idea how to cast characters when they themselves are the producers either, e.g. : Near and Misa in the Death Note movies. The characters in the anime and manga do not "look Japanese" anyway, personally.
Yes, and it's Japanese actors in Attack on Titan despite all Asians having been killed already. Casting has more to do with the audience than the story.
it would of been a better idea to make a 2d movie instead of a live action movie. 2d to 3d transfers don't go over well. Beyblade is perfect for 2d and hollywood can make it awesome improved 2d graphics. Like they say if its not broken, don't fix it. It always worked for pokemon and beyblade can follow
(Aug. 12, 2015  9:53 PM)infinitycross Wrote: it would of been a better idea to make a 2d movie instead of a live action movie. 2d to 3d transfers don't go over well. Beyblade is perfect for 2d and hollywood can make it awesome improved 2d graphics. Like they say if its not broken, don't fix it. It always worked for pokemon and beyblade can follow

Let's just hope it doesn't suck, the V-Force Fierce Battle was carp.
This will not end well.