Beyblade Live Action Movie

(May. 28, 2015  2:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Sure, there will always be people who will continue to believe that it is dumb, but there will be people who, like me, found the Avatar : The Last Airbender movie not that bad, for example. Obviously we cannot win over everybody hah.

The Last Airbender... not that bad? Well, it's not the worst movie I have seen (Momohimi and I still find The Reef (2006), Foodfight and Where the Dead Go to Die to bethe worst we have seen).

I really hope this movie at least tells a story.
When I saw these thread titles I legit thought this was some kind of joke, haha. But guys, I can't believe it's actually happening! This is SO awesome! As a person who, for the most part, loved Hasbro's movies, I think they can do some awesome stuff with this franchise! A while ago, I made a post about seeing awesome Beybattles, most likely using CGI, and that is still my expectation here.

Why are people already throwing Michael Bay around? Yeah, he did the Transformers films, but he did not direct the G.I. Joe movies, so at this point anything is possible. And besides, even if they did get a director like him, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. He definitely knows how to get tickets sold, and the premise of the Beyblade shows thus far, for the most part, have not really been all that deep where such a film as this would be taken seriously. I hope they go the route of Guardians of the Galaxy and make just a fun and awesome movie, because if a talking raccoon can make one of the best movies of 2014, then this shouldn't be that bad at all.

Also, I'm betting that this will be an adaptation of the Burst line, because this film will probably be coming around 2018 or something along those lines. I do have some worries, though. Most American anime adaptations(this is going to be an American film, right?) either suck(Dragonball: Evolution) or are good, but bomb and the box office(Speed Racer) and I'm hoping Beyblade doesn't do the same.
(May. 28, 2015  2:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Sure, there will always be people who will continue to believe that it is dumb, but there will be people who, like me, found the Avatar : The Last Airbender movie not that bad, for example.

We can't be internet friends anymore.
(May. 28, 2015  3:08 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: When I saw these thread titles I legit thought this was some kind of joke, haha. But guys, I can't believe it's actually happening! This is SO awesome! As a person who, for the most part, loved Hasbro's movies, I think they can do some awesome stuff with this franchise! A while ago, I made a post about seeing awesome Beybattles, most likely using CGI, and that is still my expectation here.

Why are people already throwing Michael Bay around? Yeah, he did the Transformers films, but he did not direct the G.I. Joe movies, so at this point anything is possible. And besides, even if they did get a director like him, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. He definitely knows how to get tickets sold, and the premise of the Beyblade shows thus far, for the most part, have not really been all that deep where such a film as this would be taken seriously. I hope they go the route of Guardians of the Galaxy and make just a fun and awesome movie, because if a talking raccoon can make one of the best movies of 2014, then this shouldn't be that bad at all.

Also, I'm betting that this will be an adaptation of the Burst line, because this film will probably be coming around 2018 or something along those lines. I do have some worries, though. Most American anime adaptations(this is going to be an American film, right?) either suck(Dragonball: Evolution) or are good, but bomb and the box office(Speed Racer) and I'm hoping Beyblade doesn't do the same.

We didn't say it will be Michael Bay, we said we hope it wasn't Michael Bay as he may ruin Beyblade's reputation and he is one of the worst directors of all time along with Uwe Boll.
Well, I never thought he was that bad....
(May. 28, 2015  3:17 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Well, I never thought he was that bad....

I guess we all have our opinions, e.g. Battlefield Earth is one of my guilty pleasures (and no, I'm not being sarcastic)

If Michael Bay does get involved with the Beyblade movie, I at least hope he knows who he is aiming it at.
honestly even if this movie sucks it will be great
Now imagine if they reach out to the WBO and have members make cameo appearances. Would be awesome to see any of Blader DJ, Brad, Kai-V, Kei or any of the other committee members make a quick appearance, just as a quick nod to the community.

Will they go fictional (i.e. bit beasts and such) or real life beyblade (i.e. boring spinny top battles)? I joke about the second one, but this really gets me thinking about the potential storyline. Kinda excited now.
(May. 28, 2015  3:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: honestly even if this movie sucks it will be great

These are my sentiments exactly. At worst, this movie flops and is terrible, but the Beyblade franchise will still live on. At best, this movie is amazing and makes hundreds of millions and the popularity skyrockets. Either way, getting a Beyblade movie is good for the fans.

In terms of quality, even if this movie is bad, it will still probably be good as well.
My brother told me not to get my hopes up though, because apparently Paramount announced a Bleach movie eight years ago and clearly it never happened ...
(May. 28, 2015  4:30 PM)Manicben Wrote: Will they go fictional (i.e. bit beasts and such) or real life beyblade (i.e. boring spinny top battles)? I joke about the second one, but this really gets me thinking about the potential storyline. Kinda excited now.

Exactly, I wondered about that too. I really hope they'll go fictional Instead of real life. It'll make It way more exciting and more watchable... Anyway, either way this movie Is going to make Beyblade more well known, but... Most live action movies suck. I mean, I feel like only fans of Beyblade (like me) would like this movie and the rest of the world Is going to hate It as much as DB Evolution.
(May. 28, 2015  4:30 PM)Manicben Wrote: Now imagine if they reach out to the WBO and have members make cameo appearances. Would be awesome to see any of Blader DJ, Brad, Kai-V, Kei or any of the other committee members make a quick appearance, just as a quick nod to the community.

The entire movie could be a single BeyBattle : Bey Brad vs Blader DJ.
Not to be a mood spoiler, but things that belong to the 2-dimesion space should stay in their respective places rather than entering the 3-dimension world, since they won't go as well as they were to be in 2D.

For instance the Attack on Titan real-life and Kijetsu (寄生獸) The maxim real-life, they have to ditch out some stages which are probably not the most vital, but still important scenes. Besides, how are they going to express some scenes, like shotting out beys and use some attacks without themselves looking incredibly stupid? I doubt it will be good.
(May. 28, 2015  1:30 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(May. 28, 2015  1:26 PM)Naijalak Wrote: The only good that can come of this is the merchandising Smile Hopefully we'll see more Beys on the shelf because of this.

I was thinking the same, imagine if it were Team Saga?

It's probably the Metal Saga or maybe their own little cast of new characters.

Team Saga?
Also, if it is the original series, the Grevolution plot line could make quite a great movie with the whole team splitting up and representing different countries thing (unfortunately this would also probably mean Kai would have to be cast as more of a villain unless they went into the stuff after the championship (HMS))
Really hoping it will be Bakuten Shoot. I wonder who they will cast... The cast could easily make or break this movie.
Any info on an open casting call?? Lol I'd totally apply for that not matter how cheesy the movie may be.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I am pretty excited about it but Beyblade isn't very well known compared to Transformers and G.I. Joe. It's going to be tough to market to people who have no idea what it is. Either way, Beyblade will still get tons of recognition which will be good. For setting, I'm guessing it will be more futuristic than modern. I think it would make more sense that way.
This is cool. Thinking it could be tied in for Burst, maybe not.

Either way, it'll definitely bring new fans around for a long time.
(May. 28, 2015  7:52 PM)Leone19 Wrote: This is cool. Thinking it could be tied in for Burst, maybe not.

Yeah... unless the movie recieves overwhelmingly negative reviews and makes newcomers avoid Beyblade for good.
(May. 28, 2015  8:17 PM)♥FussyPharmist♥ Wrote:
(May. 28, 2015  7:52 PM)Leone19 Wrote: This is cool. Thinking it could be tied in for Burst, maybe not.

Yeah... unless the movie recieves overwhelmingly negative reviews and makes newcomers avoid Beyblade for good.

Honestly i was thinking after my one post earlier about that, i thought about how the beyblade anime is from more of an outside view and i noticed that the anime really has the same affect as some live action adaptations, the main reason i like bakuten shoot is because of waking up and watching the show everyday when i was a kid and even with dragon ball too, so really as long as we get mediocre acting from a diverse cast then ill be happy, if it even comes out

Really, haha?

Any attention is good attention. I mean, look at Transformers, the movies are mixed with fans and hated by critics (though aside from ROTF, I enjoy them myself) but they pretty much made the brand a "household" name after it began to fall, a bit.
Oh, cool- really looking forward to this!

No doubt in my mind that it'll end up being really cheesy though, lol.
(May. 28, 2015  8:28 PM)Leone19 Wrote:

Really, haha?

Any attention is good attention. I mean, look at Transformers, the movies are mixed with fans and hated by critics (though aside from ROTF, I enjoy them myself) but they pretty much made the brand a "household" name after it began to fall, a bit.

That's only if it is entertaining enough to gain a cult-following. If there are die-hard Beyblade fans that like anything that revolves around Beyblade no matter what then it may gain a cult-following although a lot of anime fans hate every Beyblade series so I don't know about a cult-following. However, if the movie is endlessly flawed much like The Last Airbender then a lot of people (even fans of Beyblade) may hate the movie as well and turn their backs on the franchise.
(May. 28, 2015  8:47 PM)♥FussyPharmist♥ Wrote:
(May. 28, 2015  8:28 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(May. 28, 2015  8:17 PM)♥FussyPharmist♥ Wrote: Yeah... unless the movie recieves overwhelmingly negative reviews and makes newcomers avoid Beyblade for good.

Really, haha?

That's only if it is entertaining enough to gain a cult-following. If there are die-hard Beyblade fans that like anything that revolves around Beyblade no matter what then it may gain a cult-following although a lot of anime fans hate every Beyblade series so I don't know about a cult-following. However, if the movie is endlessly flawed much like The Last Airbender then a lot of people (even fans of Beyblade) may hate the movie as well and turn their backs on the franchise.

I doubt if the movie is bad, Beyblade fans would suddenly hate Beyblade. They may dislike the film, but the past series and cartoons don't just poof into thin air; a film would just be another way to attract other fans as well as older ones, much like Transformers.

Also, I really hope people don't expect a movie about kids spinning magical tops to be Oscar-worthy, haha. I'd hope I'd be entertaining and fun, but I doubt it'd be anything that's going to be great with critics, haha.

Also also, on a side note, if Michael Bay did this it'd be BayBlades. Carry on.
So apparently this is what I miss when I sleep past 3 in the afternoon lol.
To be honest, I'm pretty skeptical about the news because I've seen too many potential movies get scrapped or released over 5 years after their initial announcement. Show me the cast lineup and projected year of release and then I'll get excited Tongue_out
(May. 28, 2015  8:53 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: So apparently this is what I miss when I sleep past 3 in the afternoon lol.
To be honest, I'm pretty skeptical about the news because I've seen too many potential movies get scrapped or released over 5 years after their initial announcement. Show me the cast lineup and projected year of release and then I'll get excited Tongue_out

ditto, i want a better picture of what it`ll be.
but to be honest, this may be a major turn on for people who aren't too into beyblade already.