General Tournament Information:

Image: Beyblade_Bursts_Onto_the_Scene_World_Beyblade_Or.png
Name: Beyblade Burst Onto The Scene: Toronto
Date: Sunday, August 2nd, 2015
Host: Kei
Number of Participants: 17
Format: BST
Number of Battles: 85 battles

Beyblade Burst Onto The Scene: Toronto was the first ever Beyblade Burst Tournament hosted by the WBO; the host of this specific tournament was Kei and the reason behind it was to celebrate the brand new series of Beyblade called “Beyblade Burst”. The tournament was held on Sunday, August 2nd, 2015.

This tourney had a lot of new faces which consisted of Dragoon z, cadney, and Lani. There was a big return of our eternal president: Bey Brad, everyone went insane once he was seen, Brad's return brought along three new members (voldie, cadney, and lani), and an awesome bey spirit to the tournament. Manicben is also a big deal in this tournament, he is a former London blader who traveled all the way to Toronto for this event (He was on a trip so it was convenient for him to stop by). All others who attended were former Toronto bladers, who support every Toronto tournament that comes up!

The "Beyblade Burst Onto The Scene" campaign was introduced by the WBO committee, this campaign allows all the big communities such as North Carolina, New York, Montreal, and Toronto to introduce the new series of beyblade burst to all the players able to attend WBO tournaments. Every person had a mandatory fee of $6 CAD to pay in order to support everything that was given at this tournament, which includes prizes and the seven beyblades which were given out to people without Burst Beyblade at the beginning of the tournament, this process was first come first serve, meaning the people who showed up first with no burst beyblades were able to get their own.

Many people did not have Burst Beyblade before the tournament, Bey Brad, 1234beyblade, Manicben and Kei were the only players that actually had Burst Beyblades before the tournament, this gave them an advantage because they had practice with them and knew how it felt to play with them and what was he best in the meta game as of releases up to B-11. Everyone else either bought Bursts from Kei, or they just relied on the single random part beyblade and launcher that the WBO provided.

Even though people did have a lot of fun using the brand new burst beyblades, there were some problems, mostly around the launchers. The first mold of both the string launcher and light launcher made it really hard for people to launch well consistently, this conflict lead to a new rule of unlimited re-shoot clause. Usually the burst beyblades would either get stuck on the launcher or there would be a very visible skip which makes the beyblade barely spin. Though these problem were fixed on the release of B-12.

Participants:

1. Wally.web
2. pyrus10000
3. Dragoon z
4. Mitsu
5. Manicben
6. U wot m8
7. LMAO
8. Beyonomics
9. Kei
10. Blasterjoker1
11. ULTIMATE BLAZE
12. Bey Brad
13. 1234beyblade
14. Lani
15. cadney
16. Hato
17. Bawb18

Tournament Process:

This tournament was broken up into two blocks and three participants from each block moved on to the finals. From Block A Kei (6-1), BlasterJoker1 (5-2), and LMAO (5-2) moved on to face off in the finals and from Block B: Pryus10000 (6-2), 1234beyblade (7-3), BAWB18 (6-4), there was a tie breaker in Block B to find out who moves on from the three people with 5-3 between 1234beyblade, Mitsu, and BAWB18 only two came out on top and they were 1234beyblade and BAWB18.

The Finals:

1234beyblade beats BAWB18 | 1234beyblade (1-0), BAWB18 (0-1)
BlasterJoker1 beats LMAO | BlasterJoker1 (1-0), LMAO (0-1)
Kei beats Pyrus10000 | Kei (1-0), Pyrus10000 (0-1)
BlasterJoker1 beats 1234beyblade | BlasterJoker1 (2-0), 1234beyblade (1-1)
BAWB18 beats LMAO | BAWB18 (1-1), LMAO (0-2)
BlasterJoker1 beats Pyrus10000 | BlasterJoker1 (3-0), Pyrus10000 (0-2)
Kei beats LMAO | Kei (2-0), LMAO (0-3)
Pyrus10000 beats BAWB18 | Pyrus10000 (1-1), BAWB18 (1-2)
Pyrus10000 beats 1234beyblade | Pyrus10000 (2-2), 1234beyblade (1-2)
BlasterJoker1 beats BAWB18 | BlasterJoker1 (4-0), BAWB18 (1-3)
Pyrus10000 beats LMAO | Pyrus10000 (3-2), LMAO (0-4)
1234beyblade beats Kei | 1234beyblade (2-2), Kei (2-1)
BlasterJoker1 beats Kei | BlasterJoker1 (5-0), Kei (2-2), BlasterJoker1 takes first Place
1234beyblade beats LMAO | 1234beyblade (3-2), LMAO (0-5), LMAO takes sixth Place
Kei beats BAWB18 | Kei (3-2), BAWB18 (1-4), BAWB18 takes fifth Place

After the finals there was a three way tie breaker for second, third, and forth between Kei, Pyrus10000, and 1234beyblade.

Kei beats Pyrus10000 | Kei (4-2), Pyrus10000 (3-3)
1234beyblade beats Pyrus10000 | 1234beyblade (4-2), Pyrus10000 (3-4), Pyrus takes fourth place
1234beyblade beats Kei | 1234beyblade (5-2), Kei (4-3), Kei takes third place and 1234beyblade takes second place

Winning Combinations:

First Place: BlasterJoker1
Spriggan Heavy Accel
Kerbeus Heavy Survive

Second Place: 1234beyblade
Valkyrie Heavy Accel
Kerbeus Heavy Defense

Third Place: Kei
Kerbeus Heavy Defense
Kerbeus Heavy Accel

User Experiences:

“Today was a very fun day! Testing out Burst was great seeing the new system attract some serious excitement.” Hato

“Today was the greatest day that I had, not just by placing 1st for the first time, but it was great to see that the tournament had succeeded. It was also great to see bey Brad come to play in toronto (thanks for signing my beylogger).” BlasterJoker1

“Then it happened. Some random guy with two girls (lovely people btw) came closer to us, and while I was thinking "who is that guy?" someone shouted BEY BRAD!!! I can only say I went into shock. Its not everyday you get to meet the founder of the WBO, the eternal president himself.” Manicben

“today's event was one of the best we've ever hosted. The excitement of the new series, the lack of pressure having to worry so much about BeyPoints for once (that's not to say it wasn't competitive; it certainly was. Just in a slightly different way)” Kei

“ It was really nice to meet all of you, I had such a good time! It was my first time ever playing Beyblade and I learned so much - it's a lot more skilled than I had imagined, I have a lot to learn!” Lani

“What an amazing event. I'm glad that you all seem to think so, too! I'm also happy I listened to Scott's advice and didn't tell you all I'd be attending. I wasn't sure how you'd all react, but I was completely floored by the warm greeting. You all really moved me today, and reminded me why this game and this community are so incredible.” Bey Brad

“Even though I didn't get to participate in the tournament, I had a really great time and will definitely be checking out future events. I was so pleased with how friendly and welcoming the community was. I'm already planning out a group order with the other girls!” Voldie

“I had an amazing time at the tournament, and even though it was only my second day playing Beyblade, I learned a lot of things and had tons of fun! I really appreciate how kind everyone was to me and my friends, even though we were newbies. You were so encouraging during my matches, and were always high fiving me when I did something cool. It was incredible, and I would definitely come out to more events in the future!” cadney

Conclusion:
Thanks to the big number of participants and highly positive feedback from all the bladers that have attended it seems like this Toronto event was one of the most, if not the most revolutionary tournament since a very long time. Beyblade Burst really did something MFB could no longer deliver, and that was innovation; thanks to the new burst gimmick everyone was on their toes in battles, being unable to predict the outcome, and thanks to this people were able to enjoy themselves very much. Since this was also the time when only a few Beyblade bursts existed it was really friendly to new comers, simply because the format was very easy to learn, not even considering the fact that there are only three parts of the Beyblade.

The meta-game at this time consisted of combos with Kerbeus stationary defense, and Valkyrie and Spriggan attack combos. Most of the parts were ignored by the players since the players that had bursts before anyone else told the inexperienced which parts were good and which were bad. The ignored parts consisted of: Wing, Fusion, Ragnaruk, Central, and Survive. A lot of people at this time believed that Survive was dominated by Defense, with that said BlasterJoker1 decided to use Survive and swept the competition which proves that Survive was in fact better in some situations over defense.

If there is anything you think I should add or edit feel free to tell me by posting a reply to this thread!
I definitely think that a lot could be added to the Tournament section, especially since this was the first experience, for many, with Beyblade Burst. If you could trace back who received which product from arriving early or whatever, explaining that process and also whether any customization happened due to stock products being distributed, that would be interesting. Also, it would definitely be worth mentioning who already owned Beyblade Burst items in their collection versus the rest.

The Bursts Onto the Scene campaign should really be mentioned, also, and how there was an extra entry fee, etc.

The comments do get posted publicly in the official topic, but since this will be taken to another level with full exposure on Beyblade Wiki, did you ask everybody to make sure they agreed with their post being quoted in a wiki article ?
(Dec. 22, 2015  3:42 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I definitely think that a lot could be added to the Tournament section, especially since this was the first experience, for many, with Beyblade Burst. If you could trace back who received which product from arriving early or whatever, explaining that process and also whether any customization happened due to stock products being distributed, that would be interesting. Also, it would definitely be worth mentioning who already owned Beyblade Burst items in their collection versus the rest.

The Bursts Onto the Scene campaign should really be mentioned, also, and how there was an extra entry fee, etc.

The comments do get posted publicly in the official topic, but since this will be taken to another level with full exposure on Beyblade Wiki, did you ask everybody to make sure they agreed with their post being quoted in a wiki article ?

Ah true, didn't think about asking everyone for permission. And I shall work on expanding this. Not sure how it will be possible to trace back to see which people got which parts from the random selection, but I think it's probably possible to determine who had bursts before the tourney or not.